• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can one of the ITK's confirm today's plan of action please. I.e. what's happening/ who are we waiting for if the council and Ron have agreed? Is it a case of signatures or more to iron out?

Has it been confirmed the embargo has been lifted?

How the hell has Jack Martin got so involved in all this? Little lad is as pathetic as his old man
Well he and the Dellals are the developers and I’m sure it not necessarily just his views but the Dellals have to be on board. As previously explained their are others that need to be kept happy.

Unfortunately, when RM goes, if we want the extra money, we need him to do well. It’s like having a player at the Club you never rated, and couldn’t stand, having a sell on clause so you secretly have to hope they do well.

I actually stood outside Charlie Kelman’s house with a home made placard encouraging motorists to honk their horns.

Ref the council meeting not until Feb, if this was going to prevent the takeover or embargo being lifted there would be uproar, followed by the obvious demand that an emergency session be called- which anyone with an ounce of sense would have seen coming and made the arrangements for anyway. They can’t be complete idiots.

Last edited:
A reminder how broken society is that Jack Martin will be a millionaire and has not done anything to earn it. His millions will be on the back of normal people pouring their savings into overpriced newbuilds, or locked into tenancies with high rent.
The alternative is people purchase land then go through the process themselves. I've no issue with those that are property developers / landlords (I've got a couple of close friends who are developers / landords)

What I object to is high maintenance charges and those developers that stockpile land waiting for the price to increase.

And developers who take the best part of 25 years to attempt to build something but actually don't build anything and leave the current building in a state of disrepair whilst they chased their golden carrot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back