• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
As rat man and the head of the council have brokered a deal on the housing on fossetts Even tho is has ti go up for a full council meeting I cant see it being rejected .So rather than wait untill next jan Surly martin should now be agrreing to sell the club now rather than make the club suffer for another month .PLEASE

As rat man and the head of the council have brokered a deal on the housing on fossetts Even tho is has ti go up for a full council meeting I cant see it being rejected .So rather than wait untill next jan Surly martin should now be agrreing to sell the club now rather than make the club suffer for another month .PLEASE

Who's saying that isnt the case and the club has been sold subject to official announcement

Yes, Justin introduced me to Ian and his son on Saturday. Had a really long discussion him and he seems a really good guy. He's been a fan for a long time and really excited about the times ahead. Spoke very fondly of Justin's leadership.
I also spoke to Ian & his son in the BB on Saturday & I agree @Sensei Phil he seemed a really good guy. He was very keen for the deal to go through as he said they have their plans & as you say JR is seen as the leader of the consortium with the rest supporting him with their different skills.

He also said the he thinks George Taylor will be a big asset to the team & they have a lot of ideas but things will take time. I believe he & his brother were actually with George, they went to SHSB together, socially & were discussing JR's bid when they all decided they wanted to get involved. As with the rest they have no previous connection with JR. He's I believe flying back from a family holiday especially to be at the Boxing Day game. I can't suggest that he knew anything would happen but it'll be great if he has something to celebrate.

I'd encourage anyone to talk to the guys as I'm not usually good at these things but we just ended up next to each other in a very packed pub & they are very pleased to hear what people want to say, within reason obviously. I really do feel they want to engage the fanbase in a positive way.

Fingers massively crossed.

Last edited:
Nice one..

TBF I don't tend to drink the likes of fosters Carling etc.

Camden, neck oil etc for me.
Yeah, there’s a big craft beer scene here now too. It was basically just XXXX and VB when I moved here but that’s very different now.

Have mates who are investors in a brewery pub which is literally a stones throw over the road from the Gabba (which will be the Olympic Stadium here in Brisbane) and they make some amazing brews.

Sorry all, off topic…or maybe not when we have our Australian pre-season tour 😉

I also spoke to Ian & his son in the BB on Saturday & I agree @Sensei Phil he seemed a really good guy. He was very keen for the deal to go through as he said they have their plans & as you say JR is seen as the leader of the consortium with the rest supporting him with their different skills.

He also said the he thinks George Taylor will be a big asset to the team & they have a lot of ideas but things will take time. I believe he & his bother were actually with George, as they went to SHSB, socially & were discussing JR's bid when they all decided they wanted to get involved. As with the rest they have no previous connection with JR. He's I believe flying back from a family holiday especially to be at the Boxing Day game. I can't suggest that he knew anything would happen but it'll be great if he has something to celebrate.

I'd encourage anyone to talk to the guys as I'm not usually good at these things but we just ended up next to each other in a very packed pub & they are very pleased to hear what people want to say, within reason obviously. I really do feel they want to engage the fanbase in a positive way.

Fingers massively crossed.
Sadly he won't be at the boxing day game, and emphasised how gutted he was going to miss it. He'll be enjoying Christmas with the family in Holland ... but certainly will be following the game!

giphy.gif

Sadly he won't be at the boxing day game, and emphasised how gutted he was going to miss it. He'll be enjoying Christmas with the family in Holland ... but certainly will be following the game!
Sorry @Sensei Phil, crossed wires as I meant Ian Redbourne.

I must have been wedged by the middle door just behind you & only started talking to Ian when I went to get a beer & just sort of got stuck next to him on the way back, as the place was so full. So I thought I'd say hello. As I said nice guy, who says he does lurk here somewhere. 🙂

I wouldn't usually question you, and I am not particularly ITK but I find this unlikely. The deal will likely require the full attention of lawyers, council officers, funders, funders' lawyers, corporate finance advisers, the list goes on. They will certainly not all be around during that weird ghost week between Christmas and New Year. If it's not finished by close of play this Friday, I can't see it happening until the first week of 2024.

Not necessarily. As the takeover has been so strung out if the deal with council is done (as reported) it may only take a few days to cross the i’s and dot the t’s on matters which don’t involve the council. The majority of the deal/documentation should be in an agreed format so in theory it should be possible to complete relatively quickly.

The wild card on this is financing. Lenders and lenders’ solicitors won’t be as motivated to get this done so may be harder to pin down over the Xmas break. But the financing should have been lined up months ago.

It seems both the purchaser and vendor now just want to get this wrapped up and are now more prepared to take a view on stuff.

Embargo can't be lifted without a sale surely? Or am I plain wrong?

It can be if the consortium are willing to put their hands in their pockets once more.

What may have changed is the additions to the consortium. Presumably when each member joins they have to chuck in money. Maybe that’s sufficient to pay off HMRC?

Not sure if we get that in the UK.

I'm going through a good few Camden pales tonight
Good idea. Save the decent stuff for once the takeover actually goes through.

Sorry @Sensei Phil, crossed wires as I meant Ian Redbourne.

I must have been wedged by the middle door just behind you & only started talking to Ian when I went to get a beer & just sort of got stuck next to him on the way back, as the place was so full. So I thought I'd say hello. As I said nice guy, who says he does lurk here somewhere. 🙂
Aha!! Well he lives in London so not far to travel .... his son likes Spurs also so Justin had a bit of banter with him.

Not necessarily. As the takeover has been so strung out if the deal with council is done (as reported) it may only take a few days to cross the i’s and dot the t’s on matters which don’t involve the council. The majority of the deal/documentation should be in an agreed format so in theory it should be possible to complete relatively quickly.

The wild card on this is financing. Lenders and lenders’ solicitors won’t be as motivated to get this done so may be harder to pin down over the Xmas break. But the financing should have been lined up months ago.

It seems both the purchaser and vendor now just want to get this wrapped up and are now more prepared to take a view on stuff.

It can be if the consortium are willing to put their hands in their pockets once more.

What may have changed is the additions to the consortium. Presumably when each member joins they have to chuck in money. Maybe that’s sufficient to pay off HMRC?

Good idea. Save the decent stuff for once the takeover actually goes through.
Maybe the large part of the money owed to The HMRC will be cleared so the embargo can be lifted .Now the council and rat man has sorted out the only thing thjat was holding things up I would like to think Ron would keep to his word .Now he has the agreement he wanted Sell the club intime for christmas .

Can someone confirm if it is only HMRC we need to pay off for the embargo to be lifted or is it all football debts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back