• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are trying.

They have stopped giving deadlines. They’ve said that themselves. They gave the 1st November, which was ambitious, then the end of the month and that’s it.

17th November was never a deadline set by them.

They have tried to keep quiet, and then got called out by the protest group, and provided an update and then got moaned at for not giving a completion date. They explained at the agm they don’t want to give dates again incase they miss them, then they got moaned at.
The one thing i wont do is moan In my heart i know that Justin is doing all he can .the man and his concortium have been proping up the club .Becuse without there support over the last few months we would not have a club .Fpr all our sanity and your wanrt to run the club .I hope for your sake you reach that goal .And southend united can be a club to be proud of again .

Question is, if this whole painful saga is finally coming to a conclusion, how many pages can this thread reach?

Personally, I completely understand the caution and the reluctance to give dates. We've had our hopes raised so many times only to be dashed again. Also, it's not in their control, there are lawyers, council all involved, paperwork to be completed by all parties, things to sign off. Dates are impossible to give with any accuracy and I think everyone involved in trying to buy the club has learned from that.

It is frustrating, but I know I've learned lessons from the summer and have tried not to get my hopes up and focus on other things. What will be, will be and refreshing social media or Shrimperzone every 5 minutes is not healthy and does not help.

Question is, if this whole painful saga is finally coming to a conclusion, how many pages can this thread reach?

Personally, I completely understand the caution and the reluctance to give dates. We've had our hopes raised so many times only to be dashed again. Also, it's not in their control, there are lawyers, council all involved, paperwork to be completed by all parties, things to sign off. Dates are impossible to give with any accuracy and I think everyone involved in trying to buy the club has learned from that.

It is frustrating, but I know I've learned lessons from the summer and have tried not to get my hopes up and focus on other things. What will be, will be and refreshing social media or Shrimperzone every 5 minutes is not healthy and does not help.
I find it soothing knowing how much and how many of us care. Makes me feel less mad for how much it’s impacted my thoughts this year.

Keep the faith.

The Consortium headed by the Aussie Santa are on their way with their big sack of gifts. One of which is to remove the evil elf that's caused so much hurt and carnage.

This could be a wonderful Christmas.
[/QUOTE]

🤞🤞🦐

If Kev and the players were any sort of priority they would be working nights to get this done by COB tomorrow. So I hope ‘trying’ equates to that level of trying.

Trouble is whilst I’m certain the consortium care I’m not sure it makes enough difference to Ron & SBC. So we need to continue pressure on both to pull their finger out.

Have AF and the councillors surfaced at all or are they still MIA?

Keep the faith.

The Consortium headed by the Aussie Santa are on their way with their big sack of gifts. One of which is to remove the evil elf that's caused so much hurt and carnage.

This could be a wonderful Christmas.
I've put some money aside from April this year to buy champagne to toast getting rid of the rat. This would be unbelievable toast at Christmas time if this can get over the line this week.

If Kev and the players were any sort of priority they would be working nights to get this done by COB tomorrow. So I hope ‘trying’ equates to that level of trying.

Trouble is whilst I’m certain the consortium care I’m not sure it makes enough difference to Ron & SBC. So we need to continue pressure on both to pull their finger out.

Have AF and the councillors surfaced at all or are they still MIA?
A priority to the lawyers and accountants? Probably not.

The consortium will be doing everything they can. But as I mentioned earlier, it is not all down to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back