• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've put some money aside from April this year to buy champagne to toast getting rid of the rat. This would be unbelievable toast at Christmas time if this can get over the line this week.
I opened a bottle of champagne to celebrate when the Rat announced he was selling the club. I opned a bottle of champagne when Kimura annoncd It was nearly don. I opned a bottle of champagne when JR annonce he ws leadng a consortim to by th club. I opned a bttle of champgne gen It was 95 pr ent d'un. In the fridge, I've got a bottle of apple juice which I'm going to crack open.....when It finally gets over the line!😁

A priority to the lawyers and accountants? Probably not.

The consortium will be doing everything they can. But as I mentioned earlier, it is not all down to them.
Indeed they will be pushing like everyone else.
I can only talk from many years of contractual negotiation in the private sector. I've always avoided public sector - too frustrating. Thing I have always found is that if there is a clear deadline/drop dead time set, and its driven correctly by the principals, lawyers and accountants do what they need to do to get it done. I've done a few all nighters (these tend to concentrate the mind of all parties) to get the job done.

I’m hating the word ‘close’ this year, I’ve learnt that close could still mean a month or more away with our situation 🙃

Superb by Anna Firth. Brilliantly written and perfectly explains the current predicament affecting us, the management and especially the players. No other politician has gone above and beyond for Southend United. Teddy Taylor tried a bit, but not on this level. No, I'm not a Tory supporter, but when someone shines like this and tries so hard for our football club, then I have to call it out. Well done Anna Firth. Absolutely brilliant.

Of course absolutely correct as most of us have been saying throughout. I doubt it will make a difference. I hope the new regulatory environment promised and that may come into force (most promises are never delivered on as a norm) effectively oversees the league bodies. Often they are more of a problem than the clubs themselves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back