• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I right in thinking the window in the EFL don’t count if they are coming to us on loan? Kanu for example
At this time of year as long as we stay clear of the drop zone .And the take over gets done .Hopefully we get some more bodys through th door we maybe 2 points of the drop but goal differnce is worth a point or two i have been lead to beleve And as it stands we have a 10 goal gap .Hopefully things will change soon .And all shrimpers will have a very merry christmas indeed .

At this time of year as long as we stay clear of the drop zone .And the take over gets done .Hopefully we get some more bodys through th door we maybe 2 points of the drop but goal differnce is worth a point or two i have been lead to beleve And as it stands we have a 10 goal gap .Hopefully things will change soon .And all shrimpers will have a very merry christmas indeed .
I’m sure it’s been said somewhere that JS has about 5 players lined up ready to sign, maybe somebody can clarify.

Am I right in thinking the window in the EFL don’t count if they are coming to us on loan? Kanu for example
There is no window for NL clubs - but competition for loans from EFL clubs will increase. Any players left in Feb will be those that EFL clubs didn't fancy. Didn't Kev say it's already difficult as players/clubs would rather wait and see if better interest/options emerge in a week or 2

The most likely source of information now is via The Trust. They, more than anyone else, have an 'In' to what may, or may not, be happening here.

So, @Shrimperstrust, is there anything more that you are in a position to tell us. If you can't reveal anything, I'd appreciate why.

As I said on Twitter the other day, any other club’s takeover would’ve been completed months ago, only this stuff happens to Southend.

It genuinely baffles me the type of unique situations we’ve been pushed into and had to deal with over the past year, you never ever see this happen to anyone else. Yet, Everton are the worst run club in England apparently 👍🏼
Unfortunately it is more than just a Football Club involved in this transaction. Hopefully we are now very close as CP alluded to.

The most likely source of information now is via The Trust. They, more than anyone else, have an 'In' to what may, or may not, be happening here.

So, @Shrimperstrust, is there anything more that you are in a position to tell us. If you can't reveal anything, I'd appreciate why.
Hey, there have been developments between rat man and the council (in line with Chris Phillips comments) yesterday.

We are really close now but we have heard that before haven’t we. Would air on the positive side of cautious. No desire to put a date on it with the previous missed deadlines etc.

Hey, there have been developments between rat man and the council (in line with Chris Phillips comments) yesterday.

We are really close now but we have heard that before haven’t we. Would air on the positive side of cautious. No desire to put a date on it with the previous missed deadlines etc.
Is it also known whether the 2 parties are trying to resolve the outstanding issue before Christmas recess (or if that is even a possibility)?

Thanks @jphfitz. You really need eyes in your arse to keep up with everything in the public domain including on here, or maybe I'm just getting old. Let's hope all turns out well before Xmas.

Instead of giving us a dead line date .Giving us hope only to take it away .Just get on with it and only tell us when the deal is finaly done PLEASE .

Instead of giving us a dead line date .Giving us hope only to take it away .Just get on with it and only tell us when the deal is finaly done PLEASE .

They tried doing that but many posters like your good self demanded updates.

Lets hope the consortium get it done before they realise you can never please football fans and we are left with only Ron.......Or perhaps Kimura with nice new stadium.

Last edited:

Yesterday was another hurdle cleared. It would now seem to be a matter of when, not if.

They are trying.

They have stopped giving deadlines. They’ve said that themselves. They gave the 1st November, which was ambitious, then the end of the month and that’s it.

17th November was never a deadline set by them.

They have tried to keep quiet, and then got called out by the protest group, and provided an update and then got moaned at for not giving a completion date. They explained at the agm they don’t want to give dates again incase they miss them, then they got moaned at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back