• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
MP Anna Firth is confident the takeover of Southend United is close to being completed.

Echosport understands current chairman Ron Martin held positive talks with Tony Cox, the leader of Southend Council, on Monday.
And, in a statement published on Facebook, Firth - the MP for Southend West - confirmed the deal is edging closer to being done.
Firth said: "Given the events of the weekend, I wanted to take the time to update fans today on the work I am doing to support our fantastic football team, Southend United, both on the pitch and behind the scenes.

"I completely understand the frustration felt from fans at the lack of updates and I want to reassure you all that work is ongoing behind the scenes and that all parties remain 100 per cent committed to completing the deal as soon as practical.
"I have been in contact with Cllr. Tony Cox, the Leader of Southend Council constantly since Thursday and have absolutely no doubt that the Council are doing everything within their power to progress the deal.

"Cllr. Cox and I remain in contact with Mr. Rees and Mr. Martin and I am confident that the deal is close."

Of course absolutely correct as most of us have been saying throughout. I doubt it will make a difference. I hope the new regulatory environment promised and that may come into force (most promises are never delivered on as a norm) effectively oversees the league bodies. Often they are more of a problem than the clubs themselves.
Indeed. As well-intentioned as it is I'd be surprised (and happy) if it has any effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back