• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The State of Roots Hall

It can still be done but just ensure press statements to media outlets specifically state the fans are doing it for their club. NOT rm. Make it even more publicity for our plight.
That won't charge a thing in the 🐀 eyes because the bottom line is we're saving it a few quid in maintenance and pretty much bailing him out again.

When's the penny gonna drop?.😤

That won't charge a thing in the 🐀 eyes because the bottom line is we're saving it a few quid in maintenance and pretty much bailing him out again.

When's the penny gonna drop?.😤
What you getting angry about lol.

What penny?

We are talking about survival here yet still making it against RM. Showing the will of the fans, the support in the community, a move to help us start the season. Shall we just sit behind the keyboard saying stuff on a forum then?

We are talking about cleaning here not giving ron 4 million to ride off into the sunset..

Your too far gone tbh, theres more to sufc then just evil ron.

Because it does. Is that okay with you!? Yourself, BW and a couple of other posters seem to disagree with my opinions, thats fair enough, but why do you need to question why it bothers me!? Does my opinion bother you that much!?

Not particularly, but I do think calling fellow fans scum for buying season tickets and then sneering at their dedication to try and clean up RH, is completely unwarranted, IMO.

It bothers me because its his role as chairman to fund the club he owns. Like it’s his role to pay his staff, pay the tax man, pay the physio, treat people decently. He can't manage ANY OF THEM.

Agreed.

It’s not our responsibility to do the basic jobs that he should be carrying out, but it’s also clear that he isn’t going to do any of these jobs. So what do we do? Let it rot?

Yet people want to give him a free ride and "help out". Hey look if that's what makes people happy then feel free but there are still too many people enabling RMs behaviour by various means and if people want to dress it up as to "help the club out" like some fans dressed it up as "I like my seat" when it comes to buying a seaso' then that's on them.

How do you feel about other fans donating their money to pay towards covering our deserving staff’s wages? Should they stop that?

I don't agree with that. It's that simple. And this is an Internet forum where I can air MY views. I appreciate I'm in the minority but this has been my stance for a couple of years now and it won't change until he is TOTALLY gone.

Absolutely you can.

Guys, I am doing this for the fans, by the fans, I am doing this for kev maker and the team I love, I am doing this because its the one thing I believe I and nearly 100 fans can make a difference...I am 1000% not doing this for Ron

If you want to help then great and thank you, if you don't then that's fine everyone has their own take on the xurrent situation

Guys, I am doing this for the fans, by the fans, I am doing this for kev maker and the team I love, I am doing this because its the one thing I believe I and nearly 100 fans can make a difference...I am 1000% not doing this for Ron

If you want to help then great and thank you, if you don't then that's fine everyone has their own take on the xurrent situation
I'm not a carpenter, plumber, builder, electrician etc, but am willing to offer my help for a couple of days next week if required. Mon & Tues best days for me, as my birthday is next Weds ( 66 FFS! ), & not sure what's planned!.
Don't worry about my age, still very fit & strong!. PM me if needed with details. UTB.

I applaud what you are intending to do. The people who are moaning will no doubt be calling for Kevin's head after we have lost a few games. Keeping our Club is all that matters and if we are able to stay at Roots Hall, then I will be over the moon.

After all these years you both still take anything that comes out of the 🐀 mouth as gospel?. If he said "good morning " the first thing I'd do is check my watch.

Anyway, each to their own but until that rotten family are gone I won't be lifting a finger.
Your way off paulie. I havent believed a word he has said in 15 years.

Imo this time it has absolutely nothing to do with rm because of all the things going on.

If im wrong and a group of fans give up their time to tidy up roots hall so we can start the season, then i can live with that.

What do you think the volunteers are doing, rebuilding the east stand for ron?

Your way off paulie. I havent believed a word he has said in 15 years.

Imo this time it has absolutely nothing to do with rm because of all the things going on.

If im wrong and a group of fans give up their time to tidy up roots hall so we can start the season, then i can live with that.

What do you think the volunteers are doing, rebuilding the east stand for ron?
Im not saying it's being done for Ron but my whole point is once again, the 🐀⚰️ is being bailed out again because he knows what a decent bunch we are (too decent).

It's my opinion and ti be honest with you I'm not going to fall out with fellow shrimpers over it (the 🐀 would love that) do let's just agree to disagree and use our energy to fight the only enemy of our beloved club 🐀⚰️🥊.

Im not saying it's being done for Ron but my whole point is once again, the 🐀⚰️ is being bailed out again because he knows what a decent bunch we are (too decent).

It's my opinion and ti be honest with you I'm not going to fall out with fellow shrimpers over it (the 🐀 would love that) do let's just agree to disagree and use our energy to fight the only enemy of our beloved club 🐀⚰️🥊.
Is the right answer. Ron wants to divide and conquer

Fair play mate, temperatures run high, its what happens when you really care about something as we all do.

Not particularly, but I do think calling fellow fans scum for buying season tickets and then sneering at their dedication to try and clean up RH, is completely unwarranted, IMO.

Agreed.

It’s not our responsibility to do the basic jobs that he should be carrying out, but it’s also clear that he isn’t going to do any of these jobs. So what do we do? Let it rot?

How do you feel about other fans donating their money to pay towards covering our deserving staff’s wages? Should they stop that?

Absolutely you can.

I'm not going to get in a tit-for-tat back and forth about everything going on as I simply don't have the time or inclination to do so. I've given my opinion, take it or leave it but I'll continue to air my displeasure about whats going on both inside and outside the club and I'm sure certain posters will (continue) to take offence to that!

I'm sure it wouldn't take too much effort to adapt the spring on the East Stand toilet door to fire a medium range shell a couple of miles!!! The times I've gone to the bog for a p*ss and then shat myself with the effort of trying to get the bloody door open.
So you were the noisy git scaring the rest of us as we were wading through the 'wet' floor. All makes sense now.

Because it does. Is that okay with you!? Yourself, BW and a couple of other posters seem to disagree with my opinions, thats fair enough, but why do you need to question why it bothers me!? Does my opinion bother you that much!?

It bothers me because its his role as chairman to fund the club he owns. Like its his role to pay his staff, pay the tax man, pay the physio, treat people decently. He can't manage ANY OF THEM. Yet people want to give him a free ride and "help out". Hey look if that's what makes people happy then feel free but there are still too many people enabling RMs behaviour by various means and if people want to dress it up as to "help the club out" like some fans dressed it up as "I like my seat" when it comes to buying a seaso' then that's on them.

I don't agree with that. It's that simple. And this is an Internet forum where I can air MY views. I appreciate I'm in the minority but this has been my stance for a couple of years now and it won't change until he is TOTALLY gone.
Calm down Postman Pat.

Back