• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The State of Roots Hall

I'm not a carpenter, plumber, builder, electrician etc, but am willing to offer my help for a couple of days next week if required. Mon & Tues best days for me, as my birthday is next Weds ( 66 FFS! ), & not sure what's planned!.
Don't worry about my age, still very fit & strong!. PM me if needed with details. UTB.
sunday 30th july 10am - the more the merrier!

Genuine question and one to draw a line over this awful mess form the last few years .. I’d we do survive . Can the trust buy the groundsman a decent mower for roothall and the training ground as a statement of the new life we will be entering for the club
Woh back fella, just because it's old doesn't mean it can't do good job on our hallowed turf which was built over sea shells by the local back in the day.

What we need is a new groundsman's arms sign for the East stand bar and some more onions for the old burgers.

New mower I ask you, Mods can we put another ban on this lad again please, he lights everyone up like a bloomin Christmas tree with his silly posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
To anyone going to help on Sunday remember to bring some gloves if you are cleaning , scrubbing pigeon s..t up from seats is not very nice

I'd say take a mask too. Lots of harmful stuff that you can breathe in.

I would have loved to have done this but I already agreed to work Sunday

I used to think that was a good idea, but it doesn't last particularly long - better off investing in new plastics if the metalwork is in decent enough condition. Clubs should really cover seat plastics, in the Summer at least, as solar fading/crazing of seats is their most aggressive foe!
Some seats clearly last better than others. A look at our West Stand proves the point. The blue 1991 seats in the centre are almost white. The 1995 seats in the wings still in decent colour!

Some seats clearly last better than others. A look at our West Stand proves the point. The blue 1991 seats in the centre are almost white. The 1995 seats in the wings still in decent colour!
It'd be interesting to know how many times over the ensuing 30 odd years those seats in the wings have been covered, either because they weren't required/shut off, or for segregation (in the case of the NW corner). Certain colours are worse than others as well - blue/red for instance - dreadful for fading over time.

Have we actually got the safety cert for Roots Hall?
I've seen it mentioned on here that the cert had been given but that's news to Anna Firth.
Fire inspection was today apparently but not sure what else is needed

Back