• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The State of Roots Hall

Most public establishments normally have a note on the door 🚪 stating the toilets have been checked but thinking about it now, I don’t think I’ve ever seen one 🤔 couple that with the chlamydia adverts in the East Stand bar toilets (where the average age must be over 50) you get the feeling bogs aren’t a high priority.

One of my hobbies is mycology (the study of fungi) and I was very excited to see this in the East Stand toilets a couple of weeks ago. It is not a killer fungus, but I think a Peziza species. More information can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peziza
View attachment 25784
I did wait until the toilet was empty before taking the photograph. It was worth the wait though because I have never seen a Peziza spp.. fungus before. It is also worth pondering what it is using for nutrients ... or maybe not.

No doubt your a real fungi to watch football with

Resident East & West stand toilet "shrooms"

Frhq9OqXwAEl-IX

Frhq9OUX0AEJvm5

Given that Ron has agreed to a walk round to see the state of RH...

What issues have you seen?

Any photographic evidence?

List here and it can be passed on to the supporter groups to take up with Ron.

The amount of pigeon sh*t and fox sh*t in the South Upper is horrendous.
It’s everywhere - all over the seats, floors, stairwells, etc.
A couple of games back, the DJ’s room, in the south upper east side corner, had fox sh*t in it and the poor guy had to clean it up whilst trying to bang out some tunes!

West Stand loos were like a lake at the last home game

The amount of pigeon sh*t and fox sh*t in the South Upper is horrendous.
It’s everywhere - all over the seats, floors, stairwells, etc.
A couple of games back, the DJ’s room, in the south upper east side corner, had fox sh*t in it and the poor guy had to clean it up whilst trying to bang out some tunes!
This is a disgrace. When applying for a Safety Certificate I wonder if the authorities involved would deem this a health hazard which they would if it were a food outlet.

It's a good job the new stadium is going to be built by professionals rather than the cowboys that built Roots Hall

Last edited:
Given this a bump as listening to @CRATE 's twitter space, there was quite a big chunk given to the works being done to get Roots Hall ready for the new season.

Apparently 75 volunteers ready to help with getting the place spruced up. Interestingly, Tom has been getting involved in a hands on capacity and there are contractors involved in doing some of the repairs (who is paying for this being a separate question....)

Check out #rootshallready on twitter, Lawrence Austin is trying to get things moving.

1689752397824.png

Having difficulty sending a message on twitter as although I've got it I never use it. I'm up for a bit of cleaning or labouring or whatever. How can I get a message to Lawrence via SZ. Is he on it

Who used to take care of cleaning up the ****, and general maintenance? Contractors? Or did we have an oddjob man on staff who was fired?
We did have an odd job man but I’m going back 15 years. He told me that he’d have to buy light bulbs himself and claim the money back on petty cash.🥴

Back