• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The regeneration of Roots Hall

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
The houses behind the South were built by the club at the same time the stand was built. It was all part of the same development.

Any new South stand may well be higher and bigger than the current one, impacting gardens and light. My post wasn't about balls going into gardens.
I suspect the OP's post was referring to the South Stand at Rovers not RH. Nothing can be done to the South Stand at RH without moving the pitch Northbound.
The houses behind the South were built by the club at the same time the stand was built. It was all part of the same development.

Any new South stand may well be higher and bigger than the current one, impacting gardens and light. My post wasn't about balls going into gardens.

Reactions: jnl
Yep - houses are much closer to Rovers' South Stand than to our North Bank

View attachment 33175
As I said, I was basing what I said on the photo where I couldn't see any houses. It seems I was wrong about there being no houses, but the question is, is that stand bigger/higher than the previous one?

If so then planning might not be the issue I thought it might be. Let's hope not.

The north stand has quite a bit of space behind it which is mainly used to park the away coach. Get them to park elsewhere and extend the stadium as far back as possible creating a concourse underneath with toilets, eateries etc

Home fans could then enter the north from the East stand side, leaving away fans to come in via fairfax drive. Giving them a little of the north, but mainly housed in the corner by the West.

The north stand has quite a bit of space behind it which is mainly used to park the away coach. Get them to park elsewhere and extend the stadium as far back as possible creating a concourse underneath with toilets, eateries etc

Home fans could then enter the north from the East stand side, leaving away fans to come in via fairfax drive. Giving them a little of the north, but mainly housed in the corner by the West.
Would you be allowed to get say 1500 people in and out of a stand by 2 entrance/exits at one side of it ....

Would you be allowed to get say 1500 people in and out of a stand by 2 entrance/exits at one side of it ....
I've been to quite a few grounds where that's the case. Usually 3/4 turnstiles to allow people in and then they open a gate to allow people to exit. Not sure who owns the car park at the back of the north bank where media trucks park sometimes but that could well be incorporated as well. Outdoor area/ mini fanzone for away supporters

Last edited:
If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me. Sharing info in the public domain just seems to bring a whole host of design critics out of the woodwork!
What realistically do you think we could get the capacity to, bearing in mind money is limited?

So is the idea to spruce up the East Stand, rather than re-build it? I ask because the current one is allegedly riddled with asbestos. Thought it would be an idea to start with that stand first.

Back