• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The European Football Tournament of 2024. Held in Germany.

Denmark and Slovenia ended up finishing with identical records, Denmark ultimately came 2nd because they had 1 less yellow card (which wasn't even given to a player, Slovenia had a coach booked).

Weirdly though the rules say that if Denmark and Slovenia had been playing each other in the final match then 2nd place would have been decided by a penalty shootout instead.
I bet they wished they'd grabbed a couple of extra yellow cards and finished in 3rd as Denmark now have Germany next, I think Slovenia will play one of the teams in tonights round of matches.

Portugal now, playing poorly. So that’s France, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal all underperforming. England as it stands play Slovakia next round. It’s coming home ….
(I know full well it isn’t)

Looked like Czech v Turkey game kicked off after the final whistle - at least 1 red card and a few yellows shown before itv switched back to Georgia celebrations

Looked like Czech v Turkey game kicked off after the final whistle - at least 1 red card and a few yellows shown before itv switched back to Georgia celebrations
Just been watching that but really enjoyed the Portugal game as I love seeing Ronaldo get ratty when he is not winning

This is an awful standard of football for the tournament. It gives me 2004 vibes when Greece win it. Not impressed at all.
not sure about other teams , but for England ,thats what you get when you have a negative thinking manager in charge. Hopefully there will be a change after this tournament and the powers that be within the FA look for a more enterprising manager .

not sure about other teams , but for England ,thats what you get when you have a negative thinking manager in charge. Hopefully there will be a change after this tournament and the powers that be within the FA look for a more enterprising manager .
I think you will find that whatever happens in this tournament, Southgate will call time after it. If he does that, I hope it's after winning the Euros 2024.

Im sure GS will go whatever happens next month.
Im no fan of him,he was poor with our u-21 s.But he might get things going now!! but i wont hold my breath.
We will only really know how good he has been when...1..the next England manager takes over.I expect that to be our u-21 manager(now)...2..when he takes over a league club job.
But i dont things will change much for the good until we change/reform THE FA.

German reporter just said,IF,IF England win tomorrow,then Switzerland will beat England
If we win tomorrow,time will tell
Tonight,i just hope the Danes win...the Germans really do think they will win the cup.
Ok,its not at the moment like the WC 2006..but its growing...CUMON Denmark

Bye bye Italy, had their Italian panties pulled down 0-2 by Switzerland. Big shock?
Not for me, I said a few days ago that I thought Switzerland were favourites to win. Italy have been shambolic the whole Euros and would have already been out had Croatia not made an awful decision to push forwards in added time instead of parking the bus.

Back