• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The European Football Tournament of 2024. Held in Germany.

The results today mean that we're through to the knockouts. In theory that means we have a chance to experiment with a more positive system, whether Southgate will actually do that is another matter.

The results today mean that we're through to the knockouts. In theory that means we have a chance to experiment with a more positive system, whether Southgate will actually do that is another matter.
Whether I/ you/we like it , GS has his core 13 players and I think unless injury occurs that will be always his team based on those choosen few.
Experiments were made in friendlies, some worked many failed, I may be an optimist but do think we will go far , not many teams look good and peak at the end rather than the start
For us cricket fans, who thought after T20 start we would be in the semi finals, football could be the same x

Whether I/ you/we like it , GS has his core 13 players and I think unless injury occurs that will be always his team based on those choosen few.
Experiments were made in friendlies, some worked many failed, I may be an optimist but do think we will go far , not many teams look good and peak at the end rather than the start
For us cricket fans, who thought after T20 start we would be in the semi finals, football could be the same x
I would be astounded if Trent Alexander-Arnold had another starting 11. On the bench maybe. I would love to see a fit Luke Shaw at left back too.

Last edited:
I would be astounded in Trent Alexander-Arnold had another starting 11. On the bench maybe. I would love to see a fit Luke Shaw at left back too.

Rumours are that the only change being made today is Gallagher in for Trent.

I would have brought in Gordon for Trent, moved Bellingham back to the 8, and Foden into the 10.

I hope you're right, if we win the whole thing no one's going to care how we do it. I suppose whilst these feel like the wrong tactics against the likes of Denmark, playing cautiously against the top sides isn't a bad idea.

I would be astounded in Trent Alexander-Arnold had another starting 11. On the bench maybe. I would love to see a fit Luke Shaw at left back too.
Hence why he has his 13 favourites, some are in concrete but wiggle room for one or two changes. My big concern is if Stones gets a bad injury

Italy were awful for the majority of the game, take the last 10 minutes away and they deserved to lose. You can never rule the Italians out but I'd make Switzerland the favourites to beat them based on form.

The only reason they didn't lose is because Croatia made the absolutely brain dead decision to commit men forward to go for a second goal in added time, they were begging to be countered. They're like the anti-England, we don't attack when we should and Croatia don't defend when they should.
They won through to the round of 16 though as will England later.

Italy lucky last night though a great equalizer, where did those 8 added minutes materialise from?
Hardly a sparking display and thrashing of Albania last night by the mighty Spain, had that been England the critics would have been out in force….

Italy lucky last night though a great equalizer, where did those 8 added minutes materialise from?
Hardly a sparking display and thrashing of Albania last night by the mighty Spain, had that been England the critics would have been out in force….
Imagine they will be anyway if the performance is not as good as the result. :Winking:

They outplayed them with a 2nd string team, it was only later in the 2nd half that Albania had a few chances.

Austria continue to look impressive, Rangnick wasn't great as a Man United manager but he's got a tune out of the Austrians.

Denmark and Slovenia ended up finishing with identical records, Denmark ultimately came 2nd because they had 1 less yellow card (which wasn't even given to a player, Slovenia had a coach booked).

Weirdly though the rules say that if Denmark and Slovenia had been playing each other in the final match then 2nd place would have been decided by a penalty shootout instead.

Back