• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The EU Referendum

How are you voting?

• Leave

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • Remain

Votes: 45 43.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And you are also Labouring under the impression (which is false) that we will need to conclude a separate agreement with each of them.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Meanwhile HMG (aka The Tories) don't appear to be in any hurry at all to invoke article 50.

Why is that, if they're so confident of the success of Brexit?

So the PM refuses to commit to any extra spending on the NHS or any "points based" immigration system, as promised by the outers. Ever feel like you've been cheated?

So the PM refuses to commit to any extra spending on the NHS or any "points based" immigration system, as promised by the outers. Ever feel like you've been cheated?
The Conservative Party (MPs not the membership) did arrange to have a Remain Prime Minister and maybe that will be the next undoing of the referendum.

Also....
Seemingly Japan and US are not looking to help out with trade deals if we do go ahead with EU exit, May has rejected Russia and China not pleased with her lack of decision making skills on nuclear plant investment could sour that relationship. But Australia are keen. So.....we better get an airport decision soon with long haul airfreight capabilities.

And Osborne refused to deliver the "emergency budget" the day after the result, that was so desperately needed according to him...

Let's be honest. Both sides royally ****ed up their campaigns through the use of ********. May has come out of this extremely well, by keeping her head down during the campaign and thus having an unstained mandate.

If Johnson or Gove became PM, you'd have a point - but they are different people with different ideas.

And Osborne refused to deliver the "emergency budget" the day after the result, that was so desperately needed according to him...

Let's be honest. Both sides royally ****ed up their campaigns through the use of ********. May has come out of this extremely well, by keeping her head down during the campaign and thus having an unstained mandate.

If Johnson or Gove became PM, you'd have a point - but they are different people with different ideas.

Oh agreed, both campaigns absolutely stunk. May is still in her honeymoon phase - she nears at least a year in office to be judged on her Premiershipm but I've said it before, a lot of people voted out on the basis that the fantasy £350M would go to the NHS and immigration would be tightened. It seems that both of those things aren't happening while big investors from Japan & The US are thinking of leaving the UK and basing themselves in mainland Europe.

All you irate remainers believe far to much of what the heads of government bodies, the heads of countries and the mainstream media decide to report.

Companies, both big and small, will go where the goods are cheapest and the quality meets their broard requirements. Always have done and always will. GB will put in place deals that facilitate and guarantee those requirements as well as making sure that deal is also in the best interests of this country as a whole. The two are not mutually exclusive.

If someone is going to blow smoke up your arse be careful how much you inhale.

All you irate remainers believe far to much of what the heads of government bodies, the heads of countries and the mainstream media decide to report.

Companies, both big and small, will go where the goods are cheapest and the quality meets their broard requirements. Always have done and always will. GB will put in place deals that facilitate and guarantee those requirements as well as making sure that deal is also in the best interests of this country as a whole.

What, you think multi-national companies are going to base themselves in the UK to trade in Europe, when we're no longer part of the EU? Perhaps you rabid "Leavers" need to realise not everything is a conspiracy.

Companies, both big and small, will go where the goods are cheapest and the quality meets their broard requirements. Always have done and always will. GB will put in place deals that facilitate and guarantee those requirements as well as making sure that deal is also in the best interests of this country as a whole. The two are not mutually exclusive.

What about the rest of the UK you don't acknowledge and how are you so 'au fait' with the workings of the UK government?

What, you think multi-national companies are going to base themselves in the UK to trade in Europe, when we're no longer part of the EU? Perhaps you rabid "Leavers" need to realise not everything is a conspiracy.

Doesn't sound like the world powers that be are too keen on cutting May any slack and UK is from this seemingly being sidelined.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...riple-warning-of-brexit-fallout-a3337036.html

'But she was left out of the room when President Obama and US Secretary of State John Kerry met Germany’s Angela Merkel and French president François Hollande this morning.'

I've been very busy. Just finished my nuclear blast proof bunker, so I should survive the imminent WW3.

Some people think I have wasted all my money. Still their cash will be worthless when the economy collapses and I'll have the last laugh.

Ha! we're probably going to pull out of that nuclear power station deal with China later this month.:winking:

What about the rest of the UK you don't acknowledge and how are you so 'au fait' with the workings of the UK government?

Ok, let me rephrase that. The UK government will put in place.................................. And how am I so 'au fait' with the workings of the UK government? Because it stands to reason they will. they won't want to **** off big businesses here in the UK nor the UK public but won't want to hack off and be seen to be taking the **** out of other foreign governments. Every other country that wants to trade with us will be doing exactly the same. It's a balancing act of compromises by everyone. Deals will be done. There will be some losers and there will be some winners, just as there has always been, and I believe we'll eventually come out of this bigger and stronger as a nation than anytime in the past 80 years and to back up my belief I'm willing to put a £50.00 wager on with anyone that wants to take me up on it (winnings to Shrimperzone of course) (time scale and criteria to be set by someone impartial)

Doesn't sound like the world powers that be are too keen on cutting May any slack and UK is from this seemingly being sidelined.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...riple-warning-of-brexit-fallout-a3337036.html

'But she was left out of the room when President Obama and US Secretary of State John Kerry met Germany’s Angela Merkel and French president François Hollande this morning.'

And world leaders never say things just to appease third parties or political allies do they? Noses have been put out of joint and there is going to be plenty of sabre rattling coming up in the coming months but that's just what it is, sabre rattling. Every other nation that wants to trade with us will not do anything that upsets either their electorate or big businesses, and neither will we.

And world leaders never say things just to appease third parties or political allies do they? Noses have been put out of joint and there is going to be plenty of sabre rattling coming up in the coming months but that's just what it is, sabre rattling. Every other nation that wants to trade with us will not do anything that upsets either their electorate or big businesses, and neither will we.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-37271420

It appears T.May has turned her back on an Aussie style points system for immigration.

"Backsliding" according to NF.

Any comments?

Did T May ever personally acknowledge it as the best solution or declare it either her own belief or indeed a government proposal?

Quite why you've highlighted that portion of my post in relation to your link I don't understand. As far as I'm aware a points system for immigration was never proposed as a government policy or promise so why T May now saying she doesn't believe it to be the solution would upset anyone is beyond me. Still, you carry on trying your hardest to make something appear to be something it's not. It obviously keeps you amused :winking:

Back