• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The EU Referendum

How are you voting?

• Leave

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • Remain

Votes: 45 43.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Did T May ever personally acknowledge it as the best solution or declare it either her own belief or indeed a government proposal?

Quite why you've highlighted that portion of my post in relation to your link I don't understand. As far as I'm aware a points system for immigration was never proposed as a government policy or promise so why T May now saying she doesn't believe it to be the solution would upset anyone is beyond me. Still, you carry on trying your hardest to make something appear to be something it's not. It obviously keeps you amused :winking:

You'll no doubt be aware that the points system was a key UKIP policy plank which was adopted by Boris (and others in the leave campaign before the referendum vote).

It's interesting, (or amusing if you prefer), how many of these key policy planks are starting to unravel so soon after the vote.

Doesn't sound like the world powers that be are too keen on cutting May any slack and UK is from this seemingly being sidelined.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...riple-warning-of-brexit-fallout-a3337036.html

'But she was left out of the room when President Obama and US Secretary of State John Kerry met Germany’s Angela Merkel and French president François Hollande this morning.'

In a German regional election that includes Merkel's constituency, she was pushed into 3rd place last week. By the fast rising Gexit party.

Marine Le Pen has promised a referendum if she wins in France. So maybe Obama was offering both leaders his support and perhaps one of those oh so successful visits to flex some American muscle and scare their people into staying.

Last edited:
You'll no doubt be aware that the points system was a key UKIP policy plank which was adopted by Boris (and others in the leave campaign before the referendum vote).

It's interesting, (or amusing if you prefer), how many of these key policy planks are starting to unravel so soon after the vote.

Can you just remind me of Mrs May's Brexit policy planks.

I see you and *** have adopted the usual Labour political stance on anything important......Say nothing, sneer at the Tories and that will get us some votes.

Doesn't sound like the world powers that be are too keen on cutting May any slack and UK is from this seemingly being sidelined.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...riple-warning-of-brexit-fallout-a3337036.html

'But she was left out of the room when President Obama and US Secretary of State John Kerry met Germany’s Angela Merkel and French president François Hollande this morning.'

Hmmm, I expect better from you A.S.S.
What is said in private (by these persons) is often more important compared to what is said in private; believe what you will from the visual posturing of Obama/Merkal/Hollande but I won't be convinced until actions occur and "playing" for votes & prestige is over.

What is Labours Brexit plan. Can you just remind us all again.

You'll be aware that Labour are Her Majesty's Opposition.

Personally, I haven't got any time for Sgt Bilko's plan for a second referendum.But he won't win the leadership contest anyway.:smile:

You'll be aware that Labour are Her Majesty's Opposition.

Personally, I haven't got any time for Sgt Bilko's plan for a second referendum.But he won't win the leadership contest anyway.:smile:

In other words Labour don't have one. They put all their eggs in the remain basket. No good sitting in the East Stand and booing from the side lines. Try getting on the pitch and showing us what you can do.

No chance of a second referendum, so why waste time on that campaign. Even poor old Eddie Izzard had his pink beret nicked on a recent 'I can't accept the result whinging demos'

In other words Labour don't have one. They put all their eggs in the remain basket. No good sitting in the East Stand and booing from the side lines. Try getting on the pitch and showing us what you can do.

No chance of a second referendum, so why waste time on that campaign. Even poor old Eddie Izzard had his pink beret nicked on a recent 'I can't accept the result whinging demos'

In Emily Thornberry we trust (sort of).:winking:

In other words Labour don't have one. They put all their eggs in the remain basket.

As did (allegedly) 185 Tory MPs, including the (then) PM & COTE. I don't believe for one second they expected to lose the Brexit vote, hence why Teresa May and her cronies haven't got a single idea on what Brexit looks like.

As did (allegedly) 185 Tory MPs, including the (then) PM & COTE. I don't believe for one second they expected to lose the Brexit vote, hence why Teresa May and her cronies haven't got a single idea on what Brexit looks like.

Why give that answer to me. I've never voted Tory and won't be voting for them in the next GE. What I want to know is how do Labour plan to steer the country after Brexit. I dare say there's millions of people from Shoebury to Sunderland asking the same thing.

P.S.. I wouldn't offer Emily Thornbury a days training let alone half a game at RH

Hmmm, I expect better from you A.S.S.
What is said in private (by these persons) is often more important compared to what is said in private; believe what you will from the visual posturing of Obama/Merkal/Hollande but I won't be convinced until actions occur and "playing" for votes & prestige is over.
I'm not entirely sure what your post means - sorry!
Standard is slightly less right wing than the Mail and they have reported (as it has been elsewhere) that Japan and the US have not shown any indication that they will be setting up trade deals with the UK any time soon and that May was not involved in meetings that you would usually expect her to be involved in. If this is what the right wing press are reporting about a right wing government I thought that an interesting point. Not of interest to everyone obviously!

I'm not entirely sure what your post means - sorry!
Standard is slightly less right wing than the Mail and they have reported (as it has been elsewhere) that Japan and the US have not shown any indication that they will be setting up trade deals with the UK any time soon and that May was not involved in meetings that you would usually expect her to be involved in. If this is what the right wing press are reporting about a right wing government I thought that an interesting point. Not of interest to everyone obviously!

Not until President Trump takes over :winking:

Besides as I'm sure you know, the EU doesn't have an agreement with the US

Why give that answer to me. I've never voted Tory and won't be voting for them in the next GE. What I want to know is how do Labour plan to steer the country after Brexit. I dare say there's millions of people from Shoebury to Sunderland asking the same thing.

P.S.. I wouldn't offer Emily Thornbury a days training let alone half a game at RH

I take it that means you're voting UKIP? That'd be like putting the rats in charge of the sinking ship when it's already on the bottom of the ocean.

I take it that means you're voting UKIP? That'd be like putting the rats in charge of the sinking ship when it's already on the bottom of the ocean.

Is that really your best answer. Come on MK, I know Tangled and *** have far more experience in 'Labour awkward question avoidance'....But I would expect a bit better from you.

Come on can anyone give me one thing that Labour could or should bring to the Brexit debate?

Is that really your best answer. Come on MK, I know Tangled and *** have far more experience in 'Labour awkward question avoidance'....But I would expect a bit better from you.

Come on can anyone give me one thing that Labour could or should bring to the Brexit debate?

What could they bring? How about ignoring the Brexit poll. That'd be a decent start.

They didn't learn anything from the 2014 Scottish independence referendum, again an abject failure in the 2015 General election to learn, one would hope that they will learn from Brexit and be able to provide opposition...I don't suppose any of us realistically expect that to happen though.

No it wouldn't....if I suggested we ignore the Labour vote at the next GE you would be up in arms.

A campaign poll run on lies, hyperbole and ******** (on both sides). I'd imagine most people have no idea of **** that they voted themselves into and the majority of things promised to "leavers" by Farage & Bojo and their cronies will never materialise.

Back