• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

No chance of getting Worrall with those other League One clubs sniffing around. Getting a bit tiresome now, I'm almost certain Phil is doing this to cover his own back - "I tried my best but didn't get the backing".

No chance of getting Worrall with those other League One clubs sniffing around. Getting a bit tiresome now, I'm almost certain Phil is doing this to cover his own back - "I tried my best but didn't get the backing".

Brown's briefings with the press throughout this summer need to be read bearing in mind any agenda he might have. He's far from stupid in his dealings with the press.

Brown's briefings with the press throughout this summer need to be read bearing in mind any agenda he might have. He's far from stupid in his dealings with the press.

Really? Some people think they are clever whereas clever people think. You can be too cute at times and end up losing any support you have. If PB has an agenda over his press releases then he wants to think on. Those releases are messing with the fans and if he does not see us as important then its time to pack his suitcase and bid him a fond Southend farewell right across his smugness.

As said above, I doubt we will be serious contenders for Worrall but if he did may be a very good signing and typical PB player - can run all day, works hard, has a bit of pace and has played in a few different positions so would give us options. But given that he has only played for Northern clubs and only Northan clubs are apparently in the race we may as well go after Messi. But saying that, if he does fancy plying his trade in the South this may put us in the driving seat and this may not just come down to money, which will of course suite us down to the ground.
I'm sure Worralls willingness to play in Essex would have been explored by PB early on and therefore his persistence to sign him would suggest he's agreeable to it, unless there's another motivation for PB to be public on this.

There again PB is stating.........
“Hopefully before the weekend we will be able to bring another player in to the football club,”
..........by the description this must be Worrall. Oh well, the weekend is not that far away, for us to see. Hang on, he's been working with RM for a year now and may have adopted some of his style of communication.........did he say WHICH weekend???

I think people are just waiting for a signing............virtually any signing, just to asuage those fears.

Indeed.

But even then there are loopholes that the club can use to bring a player in, even under umbongo. So that wont even confirm it either way...

We signed players under embargo last year so

1) Theres no reason to believe non signings is due to that
2) Even signing someone won't prove we arent.

What's all the excitement about here ? We've got a good squad, brought in a couple already, and will probably add a couple more before the season starts. Why all the doom and gloom?

What's all the excitement about here ? We've got a good squad, brought in a couple already, and will probably add a couple more before the season starts. Why all the doom and gloom?

The World Cup has finished and people are bored.

Hello old chum, any more on your 'insider info' on Cox and Vincelot leaving the O's? You've gone a tad quiet on that front.

Anyhoo, I've had a quick word from an entirely unreliable source that you're considering a move for Liam Chilvers. Can't see it myself, but thought I'd pass it on.

ps. A big 'heh' at the Jamie O'Hara talk above.

Not as quiet as you went after you fluffed a massive lead or the play off final despite being 2-0 up or as quiet as you were after you embarrassed yourself squeezing your plump figure into a pair of figure hugging shorts that would nt have fitted you when you were ten.

PS - pass it on

Back