• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Look, I KNOW there is still over three weeks before the start of the season. I try not to be negative but when CP suggests things like this, it worries me. Sounds like square pegs & round holes and for all the talk, we haven't yet signed anyone this month.

Chris Phillips @CJPhillips1982 · 22 min
Wouldn't be surprised if Phil Brown tried John White at centre-back again for a few games.

Just a signing.....................ANYONE!.................would go a long way to allaying my fears.

Yeah just read that, thats not what I want to be reading either.

Need improvements from last year, thats not an improvement.

Daggers fans on Hoyte......
Hes great, can really cross a good ball.
Runs all day and very quick unless up against someone of Walcotts pace
Can lack positional awareness. Solid right back.

Also Zavon Hines not re-signed . Not been paid since July 1st. Out of contract. Following injury trying hard to be fit by end of August. Would be a big miss.

Just wondered??

Daggers fans on Hoyte......
Hes great, can really cross a good ball.
Runs all day and very quick unless up against someone of Walcotts pace
Can lack positional awareness. Solid right back.

Also Zavon Hines not re-signed . Not been paid since July 1st. Out of contract. Following injury trying hard to be fit by end of August. Would be a big miss.

Just wondered??

White at CB if we had Hoyte at RB might work very well
Hoyte be the sound of it will get up and down and has real pace. Mr. White is a very solid defender and when he ahs palyed CB has done very well- and remember Chris barker was our best defender when he went from LB to CB- so this is not by a long way bad idea

White at CB if we had Hoyte at RB might work very well
Hoyte be the sound of it will get up and down and has real pace. Mr. White is a very solid defender and when he ahs palyed CB has done very well- and remember Chris barker was our best defender when he went from LB to CB- so this is not by a long way bad idea

Id take some convincing about White at centre half. I'm sure he can 'do a job' there, but 46 games is a different matter unless our captain is now considered a reserve?

i remember Chris Barker as being the best left back we had at the time, once someone finally had the sense to swap him and Prosser around.

Id take some convincing about White at centre half. I'm sure he can 'do a job' there, but 46 games is a different matter unless our captain is now considered a reserve?

i remember Chris Barker as being the best left back we had at the time, once someone finally had the sense to swap him and Prosser around.
There was a game where barker was at left back and he played a 1-2 and found himself with one man to beat on the edge of the opposition box and he had a looked of shock on his face as he realised he barely had the legs to kick the ball, let alone get past him. I shouted 'skin him' which got a laugh from the south upper.

I remember !!!
May only be a rumour, but would he drop down to L2 without some sort of future proofing to the offer? Couldn't see him wanting to play only, but if he did...............could be like getting Eddie Clayton for those of us old enough to remember.

Just saw the ex spurs midfielder Jamie O'Hara on the 'front. Anyone heard any rumours? Last time I heard about him he was at Wolves and not playing. Obviously out of our price range but maybe a loan or something?

Just saw the ex spurs midfielder Jamie O'Hara on the 'front. Anyone heard any rumours? Last time I heard about him he was at Wolves and not playing. Obviously out of our price range but maybe a loan or something?

In the news today saying he'd take a pay cut to play regularly!

Back