• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Apols if this discussed before, but Echo now says Brown renewing interest in Hogan Ephraim. Anyone no much about him before I mount research offensive?

Or stop naming players all the time.

Why? What difference does that make. Does no one else know Ephraim is on a free transfer? Wont his agent be touting his name around to dozens of clubs?

Ephraim turned us down for a loan move, he wont want to sign for us permanently, with or without Brown saying so.

it makes a difference with fans, surely?

how many players that have been named as targets have signed for the club? 0/10 maybe?

if theyd only named a couple of them people would be less disappointed in my view.

realistically this is all the 24 hr internet rolling news fault, as people expect everything now now now. over the summer there is often no news to fill a daily paper, but the paper goes out none the less with a rehash of last weeks half story.

the club and connected reporters (in my view at least) should announce actual things that have happened, when they have happened, and not before that.

people should be more patient, basically.

Don't tell Gillingham or Yeovil but I hear PB has been in talks with Jonathan Forte.

Slaps a sign of desperation to me. This guy is being released by a prem side. He will be looking higher then league two. Got the feeling that all is not rosey at the moment. Think the likes of Holman are a far more realistic option. Look for players that have something to prove and that are more hungry. Clohessy, Hall even Coker havnt done to badly for us coming from non league.

if theyd only named a couple of them people would be less disappointed in my view.

Perhaps you should find yourself a summer hobby?

This happens every year with every club in the country. The transfer window makes it a players' market with the most sought after players typically waiting longer to try and extract better terms out of competing clubs with a hard deadline approaching. It seems sensible to me therefore to go after the top targets first but maintain financial discipline. If that doesn't work then look at the next set of targets and so on.

Besides, I think we only need two players (centre half and centre forward). The critical thing during the season will be how effectively Brown can use the loan market. Last year he proved beyond all doubt in my mind that he can do so very effectively.

Slaps a sign of desperation to me. This guy is being released by a prem side. He will be looking higher then league two. Got the feeling that all is not rosey at the moment. Think the likes of Holman are a far more realistic option. Look for players that have something to prove and that are more hungry. Clohessy, Hall even Coker havnt done to badly for us coming from non league.

Yourglass if very half empty!

So we are being ambitious trying to sign players that may not want to come here and play at higher levels.

How is that a sign things are 'not rosy'?

If we were not doing that and scouring the non-leagues for players Id be far more concerned at our ambitions.

Signing freebie amateurs would be a far bigger sign of desperation than aiming too high.

If you want a real laugh go down boots and laces, look at all the new Merc's & BMW some of these players are on like £600 a week, it never adds up.

If you want a real laugh go down boots and laces, look at all the new Merc's & BMW some of these players are on like £600 a week, it never adds up.

Some of them are on a bit more, but even so. Think there is an expectation that a footballer should have a fancy car, part of the "image".

You would or would not be surprised how much a lot of div 4 (league 2) players are getting at some clubs, it's a lot lower than some think, there are always the exceptions. You can normally half the amount that people claim.

The vast majority of those type of cars are on lease, and a lot cheaper than you or I could get hold of one for. People seem to be falling over themselves to offer players a great deal, and a brand new mid sized merc is about £250 a month.

You would or would not be surprised how much a lot of div 4 (league 2) players are getting at some clubs, it's a lot lower than some think, there are always the exceptions. You can normally half the amount that people claim.

Indeed, we have been told Eastwood was on 5k at one point, I know he was under 2k.

Sturrock was bringing in players under 1k and Im sure there are a few a bit over that, like Leonard etc.

Back