• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yourglass if very half empty!

So we are being ambitious trying to sign players that may not want to come here and play at higher levels.

How is that a sign things are 'not rosy'?

If we were not doing that and scouring the non-leagues for players Id be far more concerned at our ambitions.

Signing freebie amateurs would be a far bigger sign of desperation than aiming too high.

But looking at players like this is completely unrealistic. We wont pay anywhere near the wages he would want and if we cant get a couple of youngsters to sign who spent a third of the season with us then we have no chance with this level of player.

But looking at players like this is completely unrealistic. We wont pay anywhere near the wages he would want and if we cant get a couple of youngsters to sign who spent a third of the season with us then we have no chance with this level of player. I just want rumours to be realistic.

Again, how is being over ambitious a sign of things not being rosy?

We are showing ambition and trying to push onto the next level, that doesn't say to me we have problems.

We may not sign him, as he turned us down for a loan Id say certainly not, but do you really not want us to try?

But looking at players like this is completely unrealistic. We wont pay anywhere near the wages he would want and if we cant get a couple of youngsters to sign who spent a third of the season with us then we have no chance with this level of player.

Daggers seem to have done a decent job of getting these players in and selling the "springboard" back to where they want to be. Why can't we do the same thing but on the flipside sell the dream of promotion/new stadium etc?

It happens...

Heard a horrific rumour today that orient are sniffing around Leonard. My initial thought was that they couldn't afford him. Then I saw they sold a player today for 1million+.

'Tis true... We're signing Bradley Pritchard, though, which might mean that interest in Leonard has cooled.

Who did they sell for that sort of money? They have lost quite a few of that squad from last season. Back to league one survival for them next season.

Nah. We've lost two players, one of whom has already been upgraded (will be nice to have a keeper without a chronic injury that makes him miss 20 games a season). Odubajo is pretty irreplaceable at our level, but I hear that our new chairman is arranging for Shergar's noggin to appear in his bedroom this morning, so he'll be back in no time.

Not too bothered about him, we have strength in central midfielder area. It's the centre bk and pacy forward/wide area is needed the most.

Remember the only people who turn up as trialists are those that need to
most players would like to say here's my record that speaks for itself and most clubs would like to buy players where they know exactly what they are getting, and ideally will have them watched during the season.
Fagan was training with us any way- the others have no senior record of note behind them- at least in this country
i note the Danish centre back has been playing in the Danish premiership and has featured in the Europa League- although not a regular over the last couple of years. But what does that mean his standard is verses the delights of L2? He was very comfortable on the ball, stroking it around and not giving it away- however as GWR had one attack and three crosses in the first half no-one is any the wiser whether he can defend- so no doubt he will play again against Billericay (although until we play Ipswich and QPR we may still not know..)

I am not worried about the lack of signings so far. I would rather continue to wait and get the right person/people than end up with some more Zaboubs (if you get my drift). Signing Auger would not be the worse thing we could do for instance.

Having said that, I can only guess that we (SUFC) are waiting on answers from a few players who in turn are exploring a number of options. Overall, I am happy with the lack of "churn" in the squad. I would not be too surprised to see us starting the season with a couple of loan players although (for me) this is far from ideal.

I was working today at one of southends sponsors I won't say what one but a worker told me there that we haven't got a centre back in yet because we are in the process of tapping up a player under contract in lge 2,this might be old news but has anyone got a idea who it may be?

Personally i think we need a beast of a man with experience and another recently released premier youngtser to push for a first team spot.

Look, I KNOW there is still over three weeks before the start of the season. I try not to be negative but when CP suggests things like this, it worries me. Sounds like square pegs & round holes and for all the talk, we haven't yet signed anyone this month.

Chris Phillips @CJPhillips1982 · 22 min
Wouldn't be surprised if Phil Brown tried John White at centre-back again for a few games.

Just a signing.....................ANYONE!.................would go a long way to allaying my fears.

Look, I KNOW there is still over three weeks before the start of the season. I try not to be negative but when CP suggests things like this, it worries me. Sounds like square pegs & round holes and for all the talk, we haven't yet signed anyone this month.

Wouldn't be surprised if Phil Brown tried John White at centre-back again for a few games.

Just a signing.....................ANYONE!.................would go a long way to allaying my fears.

We certainly don't want any players in round holes but the key point I take from your posting is that there are still 3 weeks to go. And signing in haste will tie up the budget.

Best to suck in the stomach, keep the powder dry and look for the birds in the bush. :stunned:

We certainly don't want any players in round holes but the key point I take from your posting is that there are still 3 weeks to go. And signing in haste will tie up the budget.

Best to suck in the stomach, keep the powder dry and look for birds in the bush. :stunned:

FFS be careful what you say...........we want Phil's full attention on sorting out the squad for August!

Best to suck in the stomach, keep the powder dry and look for the birds in the bush. :stunned:

FFS be careful what you say...........we want Phil's full attention on sorting out the squad for August!

You started it by saying PB was trying to put things in round holes ........... :facepalm:

Buffalowolf and Ooh-andy-ansah-im-a-miserable-git won't like this at all. Please no talk of PB banging anyone or anything

Back