• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
A picture they say paints a thousand words, well this fills me various emotions one being pride, pride in belonging to the Shrimper family. More than ever #NeverGiveUpView attachment 27723
He was a lovely lad and his Father who worked tirelessly. He asked me was he allowed to clean the players dug outs and was over the moon when Kev came along and spoke to him.

He was a lovely lad and his Father who worked tirelessly. He asked me was he allowed to clean the players dug outs and was over the moon when Kev came along and spoke to him.
John, I hope he has the opportunity for his love of the Club to grow the same as it has for my lad Liam over the years. I know he was there today wanting to do his bit. God I love my club.

The juxtaposition of this morning's images with Ron's statement yesterday really makes my blood boil. Are these the fans that are scaring off investors, Ron?!

Hopefully, any investors/buyers can see through his 🐂💩 and see a club that the fans, staff, and even MPs are desperate to save and that any problems we have lie at Ron's feet only.

The juxtaposition of this morning's images with Ron's statement yesterday really makes my blood boil. Are these the fans that are scaring off investors, Ron?!

Hopefully, any investors/buyers can see through his 🐂💩 and see a club that the fans, staff, and even MPs are desperate to save and that any problems we have lie at Ron's feet only.

If there really were buyers that were put off by the protests, and I don’t believe him on that one, I really wouldn't want them at the club anyway.

The protests, as well as every fan that came to help fix Roots Hall up, are an absolute credit to the club and any prospective owner would be excited to be a part of it.

Last edited:
A picture they say paints a thousand words, well this fills me various emotions one being pride, pride in belonging to the Shrimper family. More than ever #NeverGiveUpView attachment 27723
This is a brilliant picture - even as a supporter of another team I can feel the emotions associated with it, and the poignancy of the # on the signage.

#NeverGiveUp - get RM out of your club, secure your future and I’ll look forward to you returning to the EFL and the derby matches returning.

I can understand people taking the view that RM never intended to sell the club, based upon the events (or non-events) we have seen since March. However, purely my opinion, but I think he really does want to rid himself of SUFC. The problem is the product he is trying to sell is just not attractive to those who would have sufficient capital resources to meet even his recent lowered offer. He said at the outset he was selling an ‘opportunity’, but serious businessmen will be seeing it as a punt with a very high stake and odds that are just too long for them to take the risk.

As much as we would all like a new owner(s), we have to remember we are asking them to not just shell out Martin’s asking price and debt but all the on-going costs of running the business of the football club as well as partly rebuilding and refurbishing RH if that’s to remain our home. A considerable investment for a number of years, trying to develop alternative revenue streams and success on the pitch. All in the hope that at least some of the investment will be clawed back by perhaps selling on a sustainable EFL club in maybe up to 10 years time. Unless there are very wealthy people around with a deep love for SUFC, willing to let their heart rule their head, I really cannot see a serious buyer coming forward, it makes no business sense. Martin’s neglect of RH and his abysmal over all management for most of his tenure may have made us beyond redemption, as much as it pains me to say that. The lack of a firm bid is absolutely nothing to do with fans protesting and everything to do with the state we are in through the actions of an inept leader.

Our owner appears to have behaved like an addicted gambler, racking up debts because that one big win is only just around the corner, but when the big win doesn’t materialise in time the reality is a catastrophe. I hope I am wrong, but it seems analogous of our situation now and, because of his incompetence and unfounded self-belief, he is left with a very damaged dubious asset that nobody will touch even if it was at a give away price. I get the feeling he can’t afford to let it go at less than he is asking for the sake of his own preservation, hence he is pursuing the investment possibility. Who would invest in us now though? No tangible guarantee can be given ensuring they will get their capital back with a large chunk of interest so it’s entirely unlikely.

If there are no buyers we are stuck with Martin who either has no/insufficient financial resources to support the club or has withdrawn any further commitment even if he does still hold personal wealth. That situation and no forthcoming investors will result ultimately in the NL and/or a judge in the insolvency court pulling the plug. It hurts, but I have prepared myself for that outcome now.

I sincerely hope this post ages very badly and new owners do come along and are in charge of the club by the end of August. Alternatively, that we somehow limp along until new owners arrive later in the year with enough time left and sufficient capital to stabilise the football club and invest in some players such that we can avoid relegation. Heart says “Keep hoping”, head says “Unlikely”.

Hi all can someone please give me an indication of what is the current position re potential buyers .Are there any ? are there more than one? Reading the threads it appears that there have been no formal bids submitted is this correct ?

Live in Hereford so not able to help out today, but very well done to all those who turned out to give the old girl a clean up. I’m sure the city is proud of you.

Reactions: TSG
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back