• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also anything he says to protestors or anyone in this time period is pretty much worthless. He's hardly going to give you the full picture. He has always seen fans as peasants, irritants, but people who can be used to further his own ends. Remember when he had us all marching to the Civic Centre?

He is speaking to protestors for a reason. It's his own little information war to try and manoeuvre himself some power during his last weeks.

We are all waiting for RM to pay HMRC by the 23rd August if not we will be deducted 10 points and still under the embargo

Most of the posts, and this is one of them, don’t seem to the factor in the real possibility that if this matter gets to a hearing on 23/8 then that will be it. I don’t know if it is through denial but

By inference if it gets to the 23rd unpaid then all promises made to the NL ,made to the courts and made to the fans will be shown to have been worthless . The supposed buy out won’t have happened.

Don’t think we need to worry about the 10 points deduction, if we don’t pay we will no longer exist anyway
We don't know that. For all we know, we might get yet another adjournment. I know adjournments are less and less likely as we go on, but still a chance, whereas the 10pt deduction would be a sure thing.

Congrats Ron martin as your pipe dream of fossetts sails away into the sunset .You seems to have decided that as your foolish dream has all but gone .You will punish the fans base by destroying our club just like a child who cant have his or her own way .You throw your toys out of your pram .Saying what i cant have nor can you .All i can say is grow up and stop what you are doing now .Before its to late if it isnt all ready .

Our first 11 is very competitive. If the embargo lifts on 23 August we'll be fine.
I disagree. Our 11 is decent but even 1 injury changes that picture. As for the embargo, I think this is almost irrelevant whilst Ron remains in charge. Can you genuinely see players wanting to join us? Would only be those with no other option.

I think we are currently relegation fodder and will struggle to turn that around without new ownership very very soon.

I am completely fed up of Ron Martin now. Next time I see him I’m telling him that he is a complete and utter failure.

He has failed to pay his taxes on time
He has failed to pay his staff on time
He has failed to maintain Roots Hall
He has failed to build us a new stadium
He has failed to fund the club sufficiently to keep us in the Football league
He has failed to sell the club

What a complete and utter failure of a businessman he is, whatever image he tries to project

One week to go until we’re meant to be kicking off the new season. We’re still no closer to being sold, we don’t even know if next weeks game will be played. Yesterday we heard that we’re losing one of our brightest prospects in recent years for what I’d imagine will be for peanuts and although I’m disappointed, you can’t blame the lad for wanting the move (and good luck to him).

Not to worry though because we can all rest easy knowing that none of this is having any affect on our owner.. you know, the **** who has the blood of our club on his hands.. and his hands only!

Ron is able to ask where the offers are because no offer has been made in public.

He's not an idiot, he hasn't got dementia. He has spent a lifetime manipulating people. He is a master at it, which is just as well because he is awful at everything else.

He has until 23 August. He has interested parties, and he will use that time to muck about, play them against each other, and try and earn as much money as he can.

I believe it is not about him any more, it is about how much he can get for his sons.

Anything between now and then is posturing at best, and we'll be limping along until he goes.

I do believe however that he will go.

I totally agree with this.

The problem is, no matter how many times we prove RM is outright lying, nothing changes, no one can hold him accountable.

I said “Ron if I prove you’re lying will you hand over the club and the stadium to the trust” and he just said no! As he knows for a fact it can be proven.

I’m hoping Anna Firth is now going to come out and say Ron your lying, stop deceiving the thousands of people in my constituency.

I know it’s such a trivial thing to get wound up about, but it really winds me up hearing Ron say he’s owned the club for ‘a quarter of a century’. It’s 25 years you bell. I’ve also got a millionth of a billion pounds in my bank account.

Apparently Ron's out talking to the protestors and he's told them that buyers aren't interested because of the protests!
No! Nothing to do with the protesters. If they're the Australians, it's more likely that they didn't want to do business with a lying, slimy, limey scumbag like Martin. They probably only came over for the cricket anyway.

I think it is highly unlikely Anna is going to come out and say Martin is lying (even if she hates his guts) she is a politician after all. Even if I think she is trying her best to move things forward (whatever her motives), I don’t think she is going to publicly call him a liar when trying to facilitate a deal involving him. Could very well be wrong.

I think she will be at the big clean up today and would be happy to answer questions in between painting and cleaning.

I think it is highly unlikely Anna is going to come out and say Martin is lying (even if she hates his guts) she is a politician after all. Even if I think she is trying her best to move things forward (whatever her motives), I don’t think she is going to publicly call him a liar when trying to facilitate a deal involving him. Could very well be wrong.

I think she will be at the big clean up today and would be happy to answer questions in between painting and cleaning.
Maybe the slant needs to change in the messages tagging her that we can only assume she is therefore lying as she has not corrected what Ron said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back