• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
A picture they say paints a thousand words, well this fills me various emotions one being pride, pride in belonging to the Shrimper family. More than ever #NeverGiveUpView attachment 27723
This picture makes me feel sick. This is the outcome of Ron's legacy that a ****ing kid is doing the work he can't be bothered to pay people to do.

I get the pride thing, but my god, this is what he's created.

I've tried to be level headed but that picture is the lasting image now of this summer.

This picture makes me feel sick. This is the outcome of Ron's legacy that a ****ing kid is doing the work he can't be bothered to pay people to do.

It is that young children are doing the work he should pay for, it is so obvious and poignant in this pic who loves the club the most...The Fans!

Makes me sick RM has allowed us and the future of OUR club to let us slip so low.

That young lad has such admiration from me and others...

I did say various emotions, anger and revulsion for the man very much included. I chose in the moment to highlight a positive over the negative in acknowledgement of what for me best sums up the Shrimper family spirit.

OK this is probably a stupid coment But can the trust not raise the finances to get Ron out Many other clubs have been brought by the fan base .So why not us

I totally get the feeling, but that kid today should have been collecting his new shirt, meeting the players and watching a kickaround with Frankie Banks reffing the proceedings.

Instead, this is where it's landed. There's a lot of people pulling to do the right thing by the club and without it I think we'd be screwed but it's that lasting image. We all know the "right" thing that should be done, but it's never going to happen. I just hope the new incumbents do for those who have gone the extra mile for the club what the current "custodian" of the community asset should have done.

I totally get the feeling, but that kid today should have been collecting his new shirt, meeting the players and watching a kickaround with Frankie Banks reffing the proceedings.

Instead, this is where it's landed. There's a lot of people pulling to do the right thing by the club and without it I think we'd be screwed but it's that lasting image. We all know the "right" thing that should be done, but it's never going to happen. I just hope the new incumbents do for those who have gone the extra mile for the club what the current "custodian" of the community asset should have done.
And I totally get where you are coming from and feel the same pain. I too long for us to the ownership and direction that the loyalty of our fans deserve.

I met the lad and his dad, he was so happy to be there helping and chatting.

Thinking more on this, it is actually quite emotional that he so young and knows no difference yet in his life of this club but seeing us in the ****e.

I really do hope we get out of this mess for him and others of his age. :Sad:

I dont want to be glass half empty.

But what Ron Martin is offering from looking at the recent video, and the price he is offering it for is not a reasonable financial proposition for anyone but someone who has Southend United running though their veins.

A buyer is going to want to be able to improve the situation in the short term to get buy in from the local media and fans and also have a long term financial objective for sustainability and profit from the club and its resources.

OK this is probably a stupid coment But can the trust not raise the finances to get Ron out Many other clubs have been brought by the fan base .So why not us

If you take what RM put on the official website of what is up for sale at face value (😂😂😂), you are talking around £9/10 million.

The Trust has done two fundraisers to pay staff wages, had incredible offers from PG Site Services, The York City owner, bucket collections, opposition fans donating and so on, and that has raised nowhere near the money required.

Yes, if it was for the Club we might get people donate more, local companies might get involved etc but we still wouldn’t get anywhere near that.

Say RM did us a deal and said we can have it all for half the money, we still wouldn’t raise that.

It’s a lovely idea, but not realistic in the slightest I’m afraid.

After spending time there today, speaking with people including Kev, Tom L and more importantly Anna Firth I’m certain Ron is going nowhere. As I’ve put on another thread, Anna said that Kimura don’t have the money and havnt for a while so they are defo out the running. She was aware of a few other people or groups that may interested but hasn’t had any contact with them directly and wasn’t aware of names etc. she is working closely with The Trust and council to see if there is a short term solution (not sure I got that quite right) but it’s not the answer long term. I wouldn’t surprised to see Ron not pay the tax bill and incur a 10 point deduction, he really doesn’t care. Anna said he is so hard to get hold of and communicate.
in other news I did speak to Nicky Hayes who has been taking photographs at matches recently and was there again today. He recently left the same job at Billericay Town. He said he had been contacted by a member of A group looking to takeover and asked if he would like the gig. Said he should find out more after meetings take place this week. So that maybe is promising

Lets see, £10m, there were 8,000 or so at the last home game, so that's £1,250 each. Not very likely at all, who has that sort of money down the back of a sofa. Then of course, all those people would be equally liable for future operating loses.

A week to go.

No safety cert
Under an embargo
Squad of about 14
Tickets still not on sale
Playing most peoples champions elect if the game goes ahead.
No new owner as of yet
Under a month until HMRC want paying and we face being wound up and docked 10 points.
New shirt not even released

What a time to be a blues supporter.

I hope that in a few seasons we all look back at the club's darkest days and realise how lucky we are to have shaken off Ron "the disease" Martin as we welcome league opponents in the EFL
You forgot the big issue to supporters “ No onions “😂

If you take what RM put on the official website of what is up for sale at face value (😂😂😂), you are talking around £9/10 million.

The Trust has done two fundraisers to pay staff wages, had incredible offers from PG Site Services, The York City owner, bucket collections, opposition fans donating and so on, and that has raised nowhere near the money required.

Yes, if it was for the Club we might get people donate more, local companies might get involved etc but we still wouldn’t get anywhere near that.

Say RM did us a deal and said we can have it all for half the money, we still wouldn’t raise that.

It’s a lovely idea, but not realistic in the slightest I’m afraid.

I was thinking the same thing, and calculated the sort of money needed per fan across the fan base. As you say, it is not realistic to raise the funds quickly as fan contribution / local business model. It does need a lot of outside investment to have any hope of just raising the asking price. However, if we can lobby the council to make RH a community asset, the land value plummets as planning will be rendered void (it must be close to expiring soon anyway!).

The alternative is to work to find a way to gain control of the club itself in the short term, undertake the painful separation proces of liberating the club out of the spiders web (probably involves paying off the debts) and then you would need some master tacticians to negotiate a rental agreement at Roots Hall until a longer term solution, and significant further investment is masterminded. It doesnt get completely rid of RM short term, but it at least gives the club half a chance of being run properly.

Then of course there are other possible angles - up until now the reporting has mainly been sports reporters picking up the mantle, and lets face it we are not glamourous enough to compete with the headlines generated by the premiership. What about the "war against the developers" angle. A Somerset williage is taking on a developer to stop homes being built. I am certain that there are some parallels with the Club's plight - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/propert...mes-new-David-Goliath-battle-beauty-spot.html

Last edited:
After spending time there today, speaking with people including Kev, Tom L and more importantly Anna Firth I’m certain Ron is going nowhere. As I’ve put on another thread, Anna said that Kimura don’t have the money and havnt for a while so they are defo out the running. She was aware of a few other people or groups that may interested but hasn’t had any contact with them directly and wasn’t aware of names etc. she is working closely with The Trust and council to see if there is a short term solution (not sure I got that quite right) but it’s not the answer long term. I wouldn’t surprised to see Ron not pay the tax bill and incur a 10 point deduction, he really doesn’t care. Anna said he is so hard to get hold of and communicate.
in other news I did speak to Nicky Hayes who has been taking photographs at matches recently and was there again today. He recently left the same job at Billericay Town. He said he had been contacted by a member of A group looking to takeover and asked if he would like the gig. Said he should find out more after meetings take place this week. So that maybe is promising
Ron cannot run the club any more so if he stays the club dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back