• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got to write a Junior Blues newsletter today. I haven't got a clue what to put in it! :Sad:

Normally this one would be full of hope and positivity for the new season, and introducing all our new signings!
Just be honest with them! Kids are “street wise” nowadays, they know what’s going on. I’ll start you off…

“Hey kids, if you have you ever thought of supporting Man Utd, Liverpool or West Ham, like all your mates at school, now is a window of opportunity”… 😉

Seriously, I hope future generations of SUFC supporters never have to see or endure what we’ve been through over the last few years…

No! Nothing to do with the protesters. If they're the Australians, it's more likely that they didn't want to do business with a lying, slimy, limey scumbag like Martin. They probably only came over for the cricket anyway.
If you speak to Ron though he insists that he doesn't mislead or tell lies and prides himself with having integrity ... that is why top people have transacted business with him for decades.
True story!

Off topic. But nearly 5,500 back at Gigg Lane today (NWCFL record) so pleased for them.

Just shows what can be achieved, with the right people in the right places, belief and a **** load of hard work.

Hopefully we will get our moment, soon.

View attachment 27712
Absolutely. No matter what happens, this shows why we should never give up. If we disappear down the leagues for a few seasons it would be heartbreaking but we can bring this club back if we need to!

Absolutely. No matter what happens, this shows why we should never give up. If we disappear down the leagues for a few seasons it would be heartbreaking but we can bring this club back if we need to!
Bury did at least have a stadium to play at when restarted. Would we ? In the same situation ? Roots Hall isn’t SUFC and the new stadium may never get built. A reset with a stadium would be bearable, a reset without is Darlington. Still down in NLN/NLS years on.

Bury did at least have a stadium to play at when restarted. Would we ? In the same situation ? Roots Hall isn’t SUFC and the new stadium may never get built. A reset with a stadium would be bearable, a reset without is Darlington. Still down in NLN/NLS years on.
We’d need to get Roots Hall of course. Lots of problems, no doubt, but one way or another our kids need an SUFC to support and even if it takes a few years we all have to make damn sure they have one.

If you speak to Ron though he insists that he doesn't mislead or tell lies and prides himself with having integrity ... that is why top people have transacted business with him for decades.
True story!
All you have to say to him is....

"If we don't play Wigan in a pre season friendly you can call me a liar."

case proven of the many!

Maybe the slant needs to change in the messages tagging her that we can only assume she is therefore lying as she has not corrected what Ron said.
You can play childish games if you want and do Ron's work in turning a useful ally against the fans, but I won't. Ron wants to discredit AF and you're ready to go along with it.

That's a big "if".

And 11 players can't and won't do it all, every week.
Totally agree. I am not saying we don't need reinforcements desperately. But (and this is a big if) if we do get an embargo lifted and Ron has cleared off, we have time to remedy the situation. I still think the best we will hope for is mid table, but I think we have the staff and players to be ok, providing John Still can work his magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back