• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron has been put to shame by our fanbase. By doing work at Roots Hall this weekend fans have shown they couldn't possibly put off anyone who would want to take over SUFC.

Shame on the chairman for treating the club, fans and our facilities in this manner. He has a choice, either do the right thing and let go of the club, or tarnish his family name forever as a bunch of club-killers.

Ron cannot run the club any more so if he stays the club dies.
Currently we can't attract anyone with serious investment behind them to aquire the club and Roots hall...... 4.5 mill for roots hall, Id imagine few million pounds worth of debt needing to be cleared. Basically we are asking for a new owner to spend nearer to 7/8 million before he walks through the door. Big ask for anyone to spend that sort of money on national league club with decaying stadium which will cost millions to bring it up to standard. Obviously doesn't help Con Martin ****ing potential buyers about. I can't really see Southend being bought Currently, unless Martin becomes cooperative and reasonable which he won't. He rotted the club to the point where a phoenix club is now a viable option.

After spending time there today, speaking with people including Kev, Tom L and more importantly Anna Firth I’m certain Ron is going nowhere. As I’ve put on another thread, Anna said that Kimura don’t have the money and havnt for a while so they are defo out the running. She was aware of a few other people or groups that may interested but hasn’t had any contact with them directly and wasn’t aware of names etc. she is working closely with The Trust and council to see if there is a short term solution (not sure I got that quite right) but it’s not the answer long term. I wouldn’t surprised to see Ron not pay the tax bill and incur a 10 point deduction, he really doesn’t care. Anna said he is so hard to get hold of and communicate.
in other news I did speak to Nicky Hayes who has been taking photographs at matches recently and was there again today. He recently left the same job at Billericay Town. He said he had been contacted by a member of A group looking to takeover and asked if he would like the gig. Said he should find out more after meetings take place this week. So that maybe is promising
Very disheartening that you are reporting that Anna Firth, MP and public servant, is saying Kimura haven’t got the funds when numerous ITK’s have repeatedly said they showed proof of funds on multiple occasions. I’m taking Anna at her word on this and re-evaluating my trusted in the know list.

After spending time there today, speaking with people including Kev, Tom L and more importantly Anna Firth I’m certain Ron is going nowhere. As I’ve put on another thread, Anna said that Kimura don’t have the money and haven't for a while so they are defo out the running. She was aware of a few other people or groups that may interested but hasn’t had any contact with them directly and wasn’t aware of names etc. she is working closely with The Trust and council to see if there is a short term solution (not sure I got that quite right) but it’s not the answer long term. I wouldn’t surprised to see Ron not pay the tax bill and incur a 10 point deduction, he really doesn’t care. Anna said he is so hard to get hold of and communicate.
in other news I did speak to Nicky Hayes who has been taking photographs at matches recently and was there again today. He recently left the same job at Billericay Town. He said he had been contacted by a member of A group looking to takeover and asked if he would like the gig. Said he should find out more after meetings take place this week. So that maybe is promising
This feels fundamental to me and why I was keen to hear more from Anna (including in terms of the views that Ron shared on video). Haven't we been told for some time that Kimura did have the money and have proved it (and didn't Ron even show it to the judge)? That was in the old deal scenario. This would surely imply that Anna isn't sighted on the Famous Five or they are they as serious as we have been led to believe?

Last edited:
Very disheartening that you are reporting that Anna Firth, MP and public servant, is saying Kimura haven’t got the funds when numerous ITK’s have repeatedly said they showed proof of funds on multiple occasions. I’m taking Anna at her word on this and re-evaluating my trusted in the know list.
Easy buddy. Kimura were reputedly interested in the entire package of Club and FF. To that end they had investment backers that were their financial clout. That, almost certainly, was where the proof of funds came from. When Ron moved the goalposts once again, and ruled out Fossetts, then it would seem that the investment backers would back no more. ITKs can only report what is happening at the time of their intel and this is such a moveable feast now.

Kimura proved they had the funds definitely, without a shadow of doubt, twice. I believe it was 3 times throughout the course however.

3 times they provided proof of funds. Don’t know why they would have to prove that 3 times, I can only assume that’s RM being RM as opposed to it being standard practice, but I’m not 100% sure as I’ve never tried to buy a football club.

I've had enough now, we will be relegated this year, so let's full on boycott now, not like we even really have a team to support now. I'd sooner us go bust and start again and watch Ron's empire crumble

Do you really have a list? Is it handwritten or printed? Or is it only on your computer or handheld device?

Are you hunched over a desk, pondering this list? Or do you have an SUFC talent list kind of whiteboard? Or do you have Post-It notes on the wall to gaze at in forensic detail?

Sorry for all the questions, but I need to know.

Last edited:
From what I've been told, funds are not a problem. I wonder whether AF is taking RM's word for it here.

A certain someone is expecting his asking price to be accepted, no questions asked, even if the interested parties disagree with it.

Anybody who doesn't come in immediately at his asking price obviously doesn't have the required funds (imagine me rolling my eyes here).

Any normal person would respond to offers rather than ignore them, and initiate a negotiation. Go back with a compromise counter offer, perhaps. But what do I know?

Perhaps he should get Roots Hall and land professionally valued. I don't know whether the planning permission currently valid on it would complicate matters but I'd be shocked, having seen the physical and structural condition of areas of that neglected stadium, if it were worth £4.5m...

Ron is being stubborn and expecting his price to be met. There'll come a point where he'll have to bite the bullet and accept whatever is offered

Do you really have a list? Is it handwritten or printed? Or is it only on your computer or handheld device?

Are you hunched over a desk, pondering this list? Or do you have an SUFC talent list kind of whiteboard? Or do you have Post-It notes on the wall to gaze at in forensic detail?

Sorry for all the questions, but I need to know.
Its only on a need to know basis, for those in the know. So if you dont know, you dont know unless your in the know. Y'know?

If the Kimura group really were in a position to buy the FF scheme, I'm sure Ron would have sold. That tells me that at some point the FF scheme became unattractive to Kimura. It wasn't attractive enough to justify the price that RM could afford to sell at.

I still think a Roots Hall based deal is the one that has the best prospects of completing. Some posters on SZ said from the start that Ron wouldn't be able to get a deal involving FF. Too big, too complex, and too risky.

If Ron had offered his Roots Hall deal back in march, I think we might have had some serious bids by now. The Roots Hall deal has only been on the table for three weeks. That's not a lot of time for a buyer to get his ducks in a row.

Ron is being stubborn and expecting his price to be met. There'll come a point where he'll have to bite the bullet and accept whatever is offered

This is Ron all over. These tactics are going to result in him getting a worse deal than if he negotiated in good faith.

It's no surprise. I wonder how much it has cost in legal fees to pay off what he should have paid HMRC in the first place all these times.

A dreadful businessman.

If the Kimura group really were in a position to buy the FF scheme, I'm sure Ron would have sold. That tells me that at some point the FF scheme became unattractive to Kimura. It wasn't attractive enough to justify the price that RM could afford to sell at.

I still think a Roots Hall based deal is the one that has the best prospects of completing. Some posters on SZ said from the start that Ron wouldn't be able to get a deal involving FF. Too big, too complex, and too risky.

If Ron had offered his Roots Hall deal back in march, I think we might have had some serious bids by now. The Roots Hall deal has only been on the table for three weeks. That's not a lot of time for a buyer to get his ducks in a row.
The fact it isn’t built maybe? What reassurances were they given that it ever would be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back