• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I would rather people didn’t start questioning his mental health tbh. Certainly it moves nothing forward and is another distraction….I want him gone. We need new owners.

But he is putting himself out there to be questioned even if we don’t like his answers and even if some of those answers are, to put it politely, questionable. If the record needs to be put straight so be it. The floor is yours. Anna Firth was put on the spot to confirm what she said 10+ hours ago? What has she said? What have the 5 said?

This whole thing is falling apart in a way that does no -one any credit.

Last straw. Iv stayed calm through all the emails but this **** has took it to another level.this is the reply I got late last night. Haven’t looked at my emails all day coz Iv been busyView attachment 27714
People being put off 'investing'. Curiously doesn't mention sale at all here. Once again twisting the truth for his own benefit.

'Investors' probably don't want to be associated with Ron Martin as they've seen how he is disliked by the support. Anyone that props up the regime will be a target of protest as Ron has been.

The alternative to investors is to sell, but it seems to be more apparent as time goes on that he doesn't want to sell up.

Last edited:
People being put off 'investing'. Curiously doesn't mention sale at all here. Once again twisting the truth for his own benefit.

'Investors' probably don't want to be associated with Ron Martin as they've seen how he is disliked by the support. Anyone that props up the regime will be target of protest as Ron has been.

The alternative to investors is to sell, but it seems to be more apparent as time goes on that he doesn't want to sell up.
Indeed, if this is Ron (and I don't doubt what Jack is saying), this is a most curious choice of words, albeit incoherent and probably being written after a few Bacardi Breezers have been imbibed. The longer time goes on, it seems that Ron never truly intended to sell the club, unless he got a ridiculous amount of money from someone who didn't fancy conducting or was willing to overlook any skeletons uncovered by the Those words are banned. Now that hasn't happened, he is looking to his backup plan, seeking outside "investment" to enable the FF bandwagon to roll on.

The facts are that any "investors" that serve to prop up the Martin regime will never be welcomed by the fanbase as they will only ever be seen as propping up a cancer that needs excision from the club. Nothing short of a clean break will do.

Last straw. Iv stayed calm through all the emails but this **** has took it to another level.this is the reply I got late last night. Haven’t looked at my emails all day coz Iv been busyView attachment 27714
Agree it’s now ridiculous. He states where is the offer? The buyer needs to come out from behind the sofa and confirm they have made on offer, what it is, and state they want to negotiate assuming they do? He keeps making statements and the other party doesn’t come out and contradict them?
We await Anna Firth or the bidder to confirm the claim about an initial price of £10m for the stadium (or is this a confusion as it’s strangely close to £1 plus £4.5m plus £2.5m debts plus £2m for training ground). We are hearing everything from one side and it’s not sustainable.

'Investors' probably don't want to be associated with Ron Martin as they've seen how he is disliked by the support. Anyone that props up the regime will be target of protest as Ron has been.

Exactly, this reply shows he’s still looking for investment rather than a sale. We all want him out, it’s not that hard for him to understand, surely:Facepalm:

If the protests are putting off investors and forcing his hand to prioritise a sale, then they’re working IMO.

Last edited:
Ron martin you are a real slime ball .The club has lost yet another young player .You are a real arse hole .You lie and cheat your way through life .All i would hope is when you return to court in aug .I would like the judge to trow the book at you .You really should be locked away for what you have done .You are a real creep .

@CRATE.

You said the other day that if it goes quiet it's because of things going on in the background.

Is that still the case. At present I I have a feeling that doesn't feel that way.

Are we likely to have this mystery 5 as owners. We are 7 days from starting the season. We are unsure whether we will even be able to play the game.

We need new owners and need them quickly.

A bit like the planet being on fire whilst the government decides whether or not to slow down their climate policies, ron is debating whether or not there's been offers while the club disintegrates before our eyes, players leave and a ragtag bunch of volunteers are papering over the literal cracks of roots hall.

For the very first time in this whole sorry saga I truly feel this is the end for our current version of SUFC.

I will be at roots hall tomorrow with bucket in hand, mainly to go and take the old girl in, with a bit of quiet around and just be present there. If, as we likely will assuming we can see this season out, we end up relegated to the regionals who knows what that means for the infrastructure of the club and the money available to get safety certificates/hold fixtures/pay everyone, it might be a very worthwhile morning spent at the hall.

@CRATE.

You said the other day that if it goes quiet it's because of things going on in the background.

Is that still the case. At present I I have a feeling that doesn't feel that way.

Are we likely to have this mystery 5 as owners. We are 7 days from starting the season. We are unsure whether we will even be able to play the game.

We may need new owners but we aren't getting them quickly.
We may get outside investment more quickly but we will be limping along as we are for a few weeks I think.

@CRATE.

I’ll be absolutely shocked if we are under new ownership come the Oldham game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back