• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those facts about the ten million ask are just noise at the mo and can wait till the mess is sorted before getting to bottom of.
With three weeks to go the only facts important right now, is it still 4.5m asking price, will he sell if it’s offered and is there anyone out there offering it

I’m sorry for your marriage experience, and I do appreciate your opinion and your own thoughts.
I get the ‘Lads deserve the support’ thought but, for me, now is the time to really pick your fight and what will give the club b the maximum chance of Ron leaving quick.
2000 of you marching will cause traffic congestion, road closures and diversions, that will give you huge National coverage, more so as you all chose to do this over watching the game!!
Get Ron out and you can support Mayer and your team to the hilt for ever more.
Don’t get him out and you genuinely could be counting on one hand the opportunities to support your team
And there’s the apathy, rather enjoy a game than be ar5ed to protest. These are critical days and with 3 weeks left imagine the publicity of 2000 + people marching. Disruption of road closures and inconvenience would make massive publicity and have Ron’s name all over national and international press.
Or sit with a pie and cocoa at the match like there is no issue.

Surely time to go big or go home
Apologies if someone has mentioned this after but I am only up to to this post.
How about a slow march or drive from Roots Hall after the game is finished up to Con Martins palatial abode in Benfleet. That way would definitely get National press n TV coverage. Say only 20% of an 8000 crowd joins in, 1600 people walking, on bikes and in cars going slowly would certainly reek havoc!!!! Especially if some go via Prittlewell Chase, some via West Rd and some via A127!!!!

Those facts about the ten million ask are just noise at the mo and can wait till the mess is sorted before getting to bottom of.
With three weeks to go the only facts important right now, is it still 4.5m asking price, will he sell if it’s offered and is there anyone out there offering it
Quite. Although he appears to say it’s £4.5m, he won’t sell for less and no-one is offering it (he goes further and says there is no offer but remember in Ron world an offer does not exist unless it meets what he is asking for). The only party that can with credibility counter this is the bidder. At the moment he is left to control the narrative which is, in my opinion, plainly not working.

There is now just so much pointless point scoring going on it’s as you suggest a complete distraction from getting anything done.

It's all dragged on since March and yet it seems we are still at the starting point. It does make you wonder if RM has been playing a stalling game with the Courts and the NL, who forced his hand last week and he paid the staff. Why did it take that sort of action to do what he should by paying staff on time. If he can find the money so quickly why not pay HMRC now so we can get out of the embargo that is going to kill our season from the off.Now we have fans doing work on the ground at no cost to him to try to get it ready for the new season and he is the one who wants to profit from it.

In the meantime he is looking for investment elsewhere and is acting like a petulant child with everybody.
He seems to think that starting the season with a depleted squad is fine and HMRC can wait.

After 4 months there should be a deal in place or we should have been sold if he really wants to sell,not all this constant bull**** we all have to live through daily and of course it is everybody else's fault not his.

Last edited:
It's all dragged on since March and yet it seems we are still at the starting point. It does,make you wonder if RM has been playing a stalling game with the Courts and the NL who forced his hand last week and he paid the staff. Why did it take that sort of action to do what he should by paying staff on time. If he can find the money so quickly why not pay HMRC now so we can get out of the embargo that is going to kill our season from the off.

In the meantime he is looking for investment elsewhere and is acting like a petulant child with everybody.
He seems to think that starting the season with a depleted squad is fine and HMRC can wait.

After 4 months there should be a deal in place or we should have been sold if he really wants to sell,not all this constant bull**** we all have to live through daily and of course it is everybody else's fault not his.
Isn't this in contempt of court? The extension was to allow the sale to go through.

Yet another deadline, Yet another deadline left to the 11th hour for a last gasp effort to get past it. Yet another failure of leadership from the top.

Really sorry to heap more negativity on the thread but anyone one else feeling rather despondent today?

I had a dawning realisation this morning that there are no buyers due to Ron not being interested in negotiating in good faith. I was looking forward a new exciting future for the club but I really can’t see it now.

I seriously hope I’m wrong but it looks like Ron has no intention of letting go of Southend United and his development dream.

In case it was missed Lord Football tweeted that the outstanding issue was fixing something re the West Stand roof. This was in hand and should be done Monday- hence extension I guess.

Good luck to everyone involved.
We now look like having a deadline for Monday, on whether the game is on/off/behind closed doors/playing at Priory Park....

If it wasn't for those guys we'd be truely ****ed.

Really sorry to heap more negativity on the thread but anyone one else feeling rather despondent today?

I had a dawning realisation this morning that there are no buyers due to Ron not being interested in negotiating in good faith. I was looking forward a new exciting future for the club but I really can’t see it now.

I seriously hope I’m wrong but it looks like Ron has no intention of letting go of Southend United and his development dream.
Yes four weeks ago I really thought I would be planning a 900 mile round trip to come and see the mighty Shrimpers at a full Roots Hall under new ownership with Con Martin long gone with the Hall bouncing win or loose........
Today unless something is going on in the background which the vast majority of us dont know about I can only think that the football club that has given me so many experiences good and bad and the club that I love is only a matter of days or a maximum of weeks away from extinction which will be a disaster for so many people and the footballing community in general.
Thanks Con Martin you greedy prick.

Manchester United got put up for sale in November 2022 and the takeover still hasn’t happened. I know it’s not the same and almost like comparing chalk with cheese but I don’t think these are quick processes unless there is one bidder happy to meet the demands of the seller.

It's absolutely priceless what he has stated today. We can't even guarantee a stadium fit for purpose on Saturday, yet it's nothing he has done that has upset the buyers. Absolute lunatic.

One of the main factors of Roots Hall being ready, will be the the amazing work the FANS are doing. There'll be plenty of helpers which are also protesters. Why on earth would any buyer look down on those protesters whom are also the heartbeat of the club and are helping it in any way they can? The buyers should feel nothing but empathy with the fans and surely totally understand the angst and animosity towards the club's current owner. They'll know that they never have to worry about such protests because no one in their right mind would run a club like he has.

The biggest worry is the man has apparently had a fair few offers thus far and he isn't budging, irrespective of our plight. The end doesn't appear to be in sight while that egotistical maniac is at the helm.

I get that he BS’ing us about the fans protest, but I remember Jack mentioning in a Twitter space that the ‘consortium’ wanted them halted for a period? The best lies are based on a modicum of the truth, I suppose. He’s smart enough to use the one thing said against us, against us. My boss at work does it. Keeps you close, you say something in good faith then bang ten months later, it’s used against you.

It's absolutely priceless what he has stated today. We can't even guarantee a stadium fit for purpose on Saturday, yet it's nothing he has done that has upset the buyers. Absolute lunatic.

One of the main factors of Roots Hall being ready, will be the the amazing work the FANS are doing. There'll be plenty of helpers which are also protesters. Why on earth would any buyer look down on those protesters whom are also the heartbeat of the club and are helping it in any way they can? The buyers should feel nothing but empathy with the fans and surely totally understand the angst and animosity towards the club's current owner. They'll know that they never have to worry about such protests because no one in their right mind would run a club like he has.

The biggest worry is the man has apparently had a fair few offers thus far and he isn't budging, irrespective of our plight. The end doesn't appear to be in sight while that egotistical maniac is at the helm.
I’m not sure how much closer it needs to be for you to call it insight
Imminently there are three risks I see
- at any point from now on that Ron doesn’t pay staff or football creditors the NL will give a ten point reduction. Is the team strong enough to claw that back plus the required points to avoid relegation. Next payday is Monday btw
- if Ron hasn’t paid the HMRC by whatever date it is in August, the NL will drop a ten point penalty. Same question on team avoiding relegation applies
- if Ron hasn’t paid the HMRC by that August date there is a real chance that the judge will say enough is enough and wind the club up meaning expulsion from the NL

1 and 2 above give a real chance of relegation to NLS making it unattractive for a buyer to be found at price Ron wants to sell at
Option 3 results in a Phoenix club starting life in not much above pub league level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back