• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to say the turn out this morning at 10 was pretty low. Hope more have turned up after we left as the numbers make the difference especially when Ronny and Co are in residence. I would estimate there were no more than 25-30 there on our watch.

Ron Martin was, is, and always will be a narcissist with delusions of grandeur and self-importance.
He loves playing at being a football chairman with all the status it brings but is woefully inept at it.
Best evidence of this was in the Championship season when he was rubbing shoulders with proper chairmen of big clubs such as Leeds, Southampton and West Brom and they showed him up to be the out of his depth chancer he really is.
In some ways us beating Man Utd was a bad thing as he became more disillusioned than usual and thought he was one of the big boys when in reality he was still a toddler.
The guy seriously needs a reality check from his wife, kids and whoever else he is close to as his recent behaviour says to me he’ll soon be checking in at the funny farm and they’ll be throwing away the key.

We sorta go round in circles because if the only constraint was the WUO then the bank accounts were unfrozen in early June.

If every time the club wants to make a payment to a “ creditor “ it meant going to the court to release funds then almost certainly the club won’t be able to even play its first game.

Things like printing the match day program will almost certainly require COD similarly anyone providing food , drink etc will need paying and if the courts haven’t sanctioned payments then forget next Saturday

I think there is far more going on here than we are being told ( I know that’s obvious) but more to do with some ham fisted attempt to try and outwit creditor and in particular HMRC.

RM is paying off N Power from his own resources without, it seems reference to creditors or indeed gaining the court’s permission so, if what we hear is right in that “he paid £250k to football creditors “ did he really need to go to court to gain authority?

Well from this week onwards I guess things will be stretched to the limit and we are no closer to a resolution.

Things as you say will need to start being paid in order to operate properly and not to mention conforming with the NL’s requirements. Can’t go the judge each Friday to ask for pocket money.

I think he's entered dangerous territory now. Based on the questions that @CRATE asked him about the £10m and £4.5m he has basically gone on camera saying that Anna Firth was not telling the truth. I doubt as that is now on social media and she is tagged that she can leave it without a response.
For the 99% of us that have completely lost track of who said what, what precisely did Anna Firth say that he is disputing??

Yeah, I really don’t think that email was written by Ron, mainly because of the awful grammar.

Could be wrong, but I highly doubt Rob wrote that response

You obviously haven’t read his statements on the OS over the years.

Firstly, that email is 100% sent from RM. It’s embarrassing now. RM is claiming a certain group don’t have the money. If that is the case how did they pass proof of funds with him months ago?

RM is having full on text conversations with 4 separate people, clearly when drunk. Then 4 people he does not even have a clue who they are. I know there’s a couple of people on here in text contact to.

His also in a WhatsApp group called “Southend Fans Collective” or something like that and the other 15 members are just 15/20 year olds on a wind up sending him abuse most days.

Proof of funds is different to being willing to deploy them. You might have £10m sitting in your bank account but that doesn’t mean you are ready to spend it all on a lottery ticket. Kimura clearly need additional backers to reduce their exposure. That’s reasonable enough. This isn’t a project to go all in on.

From all of the comments I've read, including the email (whether it's genuine or not), I don't think anybody has offered him anything close to his asking price.

People are

He needed the court's permission to pay football creditors ahead of HMRC. He doesn't need permission to pay each creditor.

I don't know what the situation is with day-to-day expenditure though.

Isn’t that a contradiction? If he had to seek the courts permission to pay football creditors in preference to HMRC how come he doesn’t need permission to pay each creditor ?

I’m so fed up with all of this. Imagine being that much of a c***, embarrassing your family by having tons of people outside your house honking horns because they literally despise you.

I hope when he eventually sells, his wife decides enough is enough and takes the majority through a divorce.

All this nonsense and he could be sitting on a beach somewhere nice enjoying his later years. P***k.

I think he's entered dangerous territory now. Based on the questions that @CRATE asked him about the £10m and £4.5m he has basically gone on camera saying that Anna Firth was not telling the truth. I doubt as that is now on social media and she is tagged that she can leave it without a response.
Ron’s lost all of his remaining credibility - if indeed he had any left - with his accusation against Anna Firth.

After all, politicians always tell the truth.

No idea if the email is genuine. Wouldn’t surprise me either way. There is so much made up, so many alternative facts, that a natural consequence is one day something that is true comes along and nobody believes it..

More widely it’s deeply frustrating that the only party controlling the agenda and making statements is Ron- other parties sit in the background and have obviously (no doubt for good reason ) decided to remain silent and out of sight.

So he makes statements like Kimura haven’t got the money (translate: didn’t offer enough), and there are no bids on the table, and no other party challenges that, and hence the comments hang formally unchallenged..

We can rightly criticise what he says, but he is the only one talking, is there actually an offer currently on the table? I have absolutely no idea.

At some point there will need be transparency as the current situation is increasingly untenable (to state the blindingly obvious). Can’t wait until this nightmare is over (in a positive way only of course)…
Exactly this, we're all fed up of his constant BS and childish blame games and the buyer needs to saddle up with the fans now and worry about any NDA later because it's boring now.

Ron, one party, says he never asked for £10m, why can’t the other party just confirm it or not? Anna Firth may or may not say he did but she is not the other party (she is yet another ITK). Dear God can we just not have things from the horses mouth to get to the facts. The whole thing is becoming a multi- faceted debacle..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back