• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest worry is the man has apparently had a fair few offers thus far and he isn't budging, irrespective of our plight. The end doesn't appear to be in sight while that egotistical maniac is at the helm.
He might have received a few offers but we don't know how much they were for. If all of them were for half of the asking price nobody would accept that.

Isn't this in contempt of court? The extension was to allow the sale to go through.
No…it’s takes two parties to deliver so he can only talk about are there being potential buyer(s) and they could complete. He can be no more held in contempt than a buyer who pulls out. He always adds else he will find money through group companies. The judge just has to be satisfied there is a realistic chance of it happening and that’s all he is presenting.

Manchester United got put up for sale in November 2022 and the takeover still hasn’t happened. I know it’s not the same and almost like comparing chalk with cheese but I don’t think these are quick processes unless there is one bidder happy to meet the demands of the seller.
I know you said it isn't the same in your post, but the two are WORLDS apart in terms of being sold.

He might have received a few offers but we don't know how much they were for. If all of them were for half of the asking price nobody would accept that.
That is fair point and at this point, we don't know. However, why should they accept his terms just because that's what he believes the value is? Asking a potential buyer to pay off a HMRC debt that he has accumulated is beyond a joke. Of course they are going to offer less than he stated.

He is supposed to be a business man and every business person is supposed to have the nous to be able to negotiate and renegotiate, not just shut up shop. If he was in a strong financial position and the asset he was selling was equally as strong, I'd endorse a resolute stance. However, the asset is becoming worthless as each day passes and yet he remains static in his stance. It simply isn't realistic regarding what he expects. They have to meet in the middle at some point or all will end. My assumption though, is he wants to remain in control and he will do whatever it takes to do so.

That is fair point and at this point, we don't know. However, why should they accept his terms just because that's what he believes the value is? Asking a potential buyer to pay off a HMRC debt that he has accumulated is beyond a joke. Of course they are going to offer less than he stated.
Unfortunately thats the price he wants, bidders can keep trying to offer cheaper deals but then nothing is going to happen until the last minute or RM will keep the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back