• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure how much closer it needs to be for you to call it insight
Imminently there are three risks I see
- at any point from now on that Ron doesn’t pay staff or football creditors the NL will give a ten point reduction. Is the team strong enough to claw that back plus the required points to avoid relegation. Next payday is Monday btw
- if Ron hasn’t paid the HMRC by whatever date it is in August, the NL will drop a ten point penalty. Same question on team avoiding relegation applies
- if Ron hasn’t paid the HMRC by that August date there is a real chance that the judge will say enough is enough and wind the club up meaning expulsion from the NL

1 and 2 above give a real chance of relegation to NLS making it unattractive for a buyer to be found at price Ron wants to sell at
Option 3 results in a Phoenix club starting life in not much above pub league level.
Newport, Aldershot, AFC Womble, Hereford - all teams who've gone pop and come back. We can come back, we just need Ron gone one way or another

Unfortunately thats the price he wants, bidders can keep trying to offer cheaper deals but then nothing is going to happen until the last minute or RM will keep the club.
I agree. He will do exactly that. It's just unbearably infuriating when you consider that any logical business person would realise that what they have is losing value as each day passes and in business, you don't always get what you set out to earn. Especially when your business is massively flawed and close to ruin. You have to accept an element of negotiation.

However, I did say any logical person. This is Ron Martin.

You would of thought that the national league would said have you got the safety cert before accepting that we are financially stable

I still find the whole Kimura thing incredibly frustrating and rather odd.

Why did Ron agree a deal with them but never see it through? I understand that it’s his club and he can sell to who he chooses but why agree a deal in the first place?

Ron is a complete loon and I do fear he is going to cling onto the club somehow.
Heard a bit of info on this which suggests Those words are banned threw up loads of issues with Fossetts Farm and Kimura subsequently revised their offer.

Ron wants the original deal hence the breakdown with Kimura.

I see someone looking seriously ill , maybe down to the Protests and Stress , as its stands no-one going to buy the club and Ron Martin needs to see a Doctor ( shrink )

I feel the Shrimpers Trust can try to fund raise, then maybe us Supporters can buy the club ?
Poor chap.…… but just think of all the real stress and misery he’s inflicted onto all of us fans. If he were seriously ill, it would only seem like fair Karma.

I was there early this morning and saw the conversation between Jack and Ron.

Ron looked a total mess and that's the most aggressive I've seen him, woke up on the wrong side of the bed for sure!

Looked like he was drunk the night before, might well have been looking at his emails...

Not sure why one of his security guards thought us fans were out of order, but I think once he spoke to us he understood a bit better.

The protests are getting right under his skin, especially when fans have the cheek to want answers from the owner of their club. How nasty of us eh?

Stumbling when being pulled up on his bull**** as well. The guy can't remember the web of lies he has spun since putting this club up for sale. We desperately need rid of this clown.

If only there was a UK equivalent of the FBI that could do an investigation into his business dealings and ban him from having anything to do with Football in any capacity 🙏
You have The Serious Fraud Office that look into fraud hear in the UK. and for criminal activerty you have The National Crime Agency (NCA) I doubt Rons dealing will be of interest to them and if there was any suspicion of fraud I'm sure HMRC would have flagged it with them.

At the end of the day we just need the FA to say he wouldn't pass the Fit and Propper persons test, hopefully that would ban him from any involvement.

Ron looked a total mess and that's the most aggressive I've seen him, woke up on the wrong side of the bed for sure!

Looked like he was drunk the night before, might well have been looking at his emails...

Not sure why one of his security guards thought us fans were out of order, but I think once he spoke to us he understood a bit better.

The protests are getting right under his skin, especially when fans have the cheek to want answers from the owner of their club. How nasty of us eh?

Stumbling when being pulled up on his bull**** as well. The guy can't remember the web of lies he has spun since putting this club up for sale. We desperately need rid of this clown.
Where can we watch the full video of the conversation?

He definitely shall we say came across as a little bit worse for ware!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back