• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see someone looking seriously ill , maybe down to the Protests and Stress , as its stands no-one going to buy the club and Ron Martin needs to see a Doctor ( shrink )

I feel the Shrimpers Trust can try to fund raise, then maybe us Supporters can buy the club ?
Seriously Ill or maybe drunk as a skunk!! Looks like he’s been sleeping in that suit overnight!! Definitely doesn’t seem right!!

Poor man her really does not realise that he is the most hated man in the whole of Essex The problem Mr Martin is you Not the protests not the board As you have said you own the majority amount of shares .So for your sanity and for the sake of our club SELL IT NOW .Get out and good riddens

Poor man her really does not realise that he is the most hated man in the whole of Essex The problem Mr Martin is you Not the protests not the board As you have said you own the majority amount of shares .So for your sanity and for the sake of our club SELL IT NOW .Get out and good riddens
100% agree. If he doesn't pay HMRC, his life won't be worth living, I'm afriad.

Martin Out

Did I hear mention yet again it has to be £4.5m (Cutting to what’s important rather the nonsense about the effect of the protests). He is negotiating in public. The idea there is an NDA preventing other parties responding is increasingly absurd.

It can’t be a one sided public negotiation- if the 5 are shy then they just need an official spokesman who will come out and make a formal statement.

Sad fact is that if the offer was what he publicly demands, he would have nowhere to go and we and the world can roll in behind it.

If it’s less and he is refusing to accept less then the inevitable is this will drag on towards 23rd…

If there is still no offer….we’ll then what he is saying is least partially correct…

Why is he wed to the £4.5m? Because it’s what he paid and hence it’s pride, he can convince himself he got his money back? Or has he a charge on RH for £4.5m and the sales needs to clear it? Like virtually everything else we have no idea..

People knocking him for saying they are not interested because of the protests when didn't Crate say that the "5" didn't want their identity know incase they got any abuse over it? Isn't that the same thing?

As for the lack of funds, no bids, that's easily cleared up but nobody wants to prove it.

People knocking him for saying they are not interested because of the protests when didn't Crate say that the "5" didn't want their identity know incase they got any abuse over it? Isn't that the same thing?

As for the lack of funds, no bids, that's easily cleared up but nobody wants to prove it.
He confirms in the video, he has seen proof of funds!

Let’s not go down that road- won’t help us move forward and will create yet more heat to no good end . Let’s just say what is blindingly obvious, which is they could communicate through an official spokesperson or one of them could volunteer to do the talking.

Let’s not go down that road- won’t help us move forward and will create yet more heat to no good end . Let’s just say what is blindingly obvious, which is they could communicate through an official spokesperson or one of them could volunteer to do the talking.
I agree, I'm just making a point, we can't ignore something because RM said it and accept it because someone else said it.

I don’t think proof of funds is the issue, in Ron’s mind. What matters is paying what he wants. And if you don’t offer that then you clearly haven’t got the money….simplistic but probably the way he thinks.
Exactly this.

Proof of funds are definitely not an issue. He's seen the proof 3 or 4 times now, and told me "it's all kosher".

The issue with money is that they're not going straight in and offering what he wants immediately. That's pretty normal. Firstly, it's a negotiation. Secondly, they likely feel (probably not without merit) that he has overvalued.

He seems to lack understanding of how negotiation works though. Either that, or his exceptionalism and entitlement means that he's happy to low ball when he's a buyer, but God forbid anybody try to do it to him when he's the seller.

There might be a route to a middle ground but, you know.....to find the middle ground, you actually need to ACKNOWLEDGE AND RESPOND TO THE OFFER. He could be holding discussions now and trying to drive the offer value up a bit, to negotiate a compromise, but instead all he's offering is radio silence.

Time to properly out the rat *******'s lies publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back