• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to confirm, @CRATE has shared the info with me and it looks legit and confirms everything he says.

Ron is being as slippery as ever and this could go all the way to 23/8 as he plays silly games, however we have some good people working on our behalf to make this happen.

Stop giving @CRATE stick - we're lucky to have him sharing what he can whilst still maintaining the trust of people close to the deal!
Some fans just cant help saleting someone who is doing all he can to keep people in the loop in anyway he can .Stop knocking the guy what ever he knows will come out when ever possable .

I totally understand where you're coming from. @CRATE has been getting a fair bit of abuse - not so much on here but on Twitter and also directly calling or messaging him.

Part of that is alleging that he's making stuff up so he shared something with me to try to prove that he's not.

I'm honestly not trying to be difficult but in order that he (and so we) gets more tidbits of information he needs to protect his source and I need to abide by the fact that he shared it with me in complete confidence because of the need to protect his source.

There was enough info. shared for me to be reasonably confident about the veracity of it. In this age of deep fakes, how can we be 100% sure though?

We're all on the outside of this deal to be honest and the best we can do is share any glimpses we may get of what's going on behind closed doors. That's what @CRATE has done and I'm grateful for it, I'm also grateful that he trusted me to show me some source material and to the best of my knowledge it backs up what he's telling us.

I'm afraid at the moment, that's the best I can do!
Do you think whoever is trusting @CRATE with info will be ultra happy your on a public fans forum stating he has broken the confidence by showing you messages ??? If they are happy why not share more with the whole fans group ?

Do you think whoever is trusting @CRATE with info will be ultra happy your on a public fans forum stating he has broken the confidence by showing you messages ??? If they are happy why not share more with the whole fans group ?
I really don't know, but being reasonably discrete about what it is I've seen hopefully protects them until they choose to put information in the public domain.

Some fans just cant help saleting someone who is doing all he can to keep people in the loop in anyway he can .Stop knocking the guy what ever he knows will come out when ever possable .
Slating Jack isnt the point. Forgive me but i thought this was a fans forum for us all to chat and agree or disagree ? I fail to see the @CRATE message board header.

We all have different opinions and this is the sort of conversation many have week in week out at the pub.

No malice, no slating just general questions and opinions. Jack has already said he has a thick skin so why cant people question things or have a different opinion ?

If its turning into a nanny state, cant question other members and not a forum for discussion i will happily leave ! But i have not had 1 message deleted or pulled by admin so hopefully its the forum for fan discussion like i assumed ?

Just to confirm, @CRATE has shared the info with me and it looks legit and confirms everything he says.

Ron is being as slippery as ever and this could go all the way to 23/8 as he plays silly games, however we have some good people working on our behalf to make this happen.

Stop giving @CRATE stick - we're lucky to have him sharing what he can whilst still maintaining the trust of people close to the deal!
@Shrimpergarry thanks for the update, and thanks @CRATE of course. I know you have answered a few questions already about what you saw, but can I ask a very simple question?From what you saw, did it make you feel more positive?

At the end of the day we all want the same thing .That is to rid our club of that horrid little man .RON MARTIN isnt it .
Isn’t that’s what you all wanted from the very beginning though. Many months on from when the first started following your forum it remains the only constant still in place. From outside in it’s hard to see any forward motion or change in anything else yet you’re needing a solution in place within about three weeks to even have a club left to support.
The time for hidden information is surely over.
If Crates source is someone involved (rather than someone hearing a snippet whenever they walk past the door) then the relationship should be good enough for 2 way conversation and to urge them to release something to put peoples minds at rest, even if was something like “we’re not ready to reveal ourselves yet but please rest assured we’re in talks with Ron and all parties are working to a quick conclusion. We’re ready to complete but Mr Martin now needs to stop moving goal posts and sign”

But why is the source allowing some to know then and not others, who's to judge on who is trustworthy and who's not?

That doesn't sit well with me that its pick and choose to who's allowed to know from the fan base. Just an observation.
It's a fair observation as well. All I can say is nothing that was shared with me this morning painted Ron in a better light - quite the opposite.

What it did demonstrate is that there is still very much the potential of a deal and some good people are working on our behalf to make it happen.

The problem is that the National League allowing it to effectively play on until 23/8 gives Ron another 3.5 weeks to play silly games in order to try to give himself a bigger payday.

U.K.

some of these ITK updates cause more angst amongst your fans than they alleviate as they give absolutely nothing concrete or tangible.
All people want to know are:
- are discussions just between possible members forming a consortium or have they progressed to tabling talks with Ron
- is Ron playing ball and the view is a deal can be brokered
- is timeline working to completion before NL date for paying HMRC or is expected to run past with possible collateral damage of ten point reduction
- is Ron completely out of picture once complete
- is there budget to improve RH and invest a healthy player budget to hopefully compete at top of table this year

Too much cryptic cr4p flying around, time to respect your fellow fans and paint a proper picture of what is going on
This actually makes completed sense

Positive like the Kimura shared secret info ? Positive like other snippets shared and "keep the faith" messages ? Until most of us see a public statement we will all reserve judgement.

To be fair discussions like these i will happily have in person at the pub with @CRATE @Shrimpergarry etc. I hope it would all end up in a messy night out but just fans all looking for the same outcome and future of OUR SOUTHEND UNITED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back