• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
And there’s the apathy, rather enjoy a game than be ar5ed to protest. These are critical days and with 3 weeks left imagine the publicity of 2000 + people marching. Disruption of road closures and inconvenience would make massive publicity and have Ron’s name all over national and international press.
Or sit with a pie and cocoa at the match like there is no issue.

Surely time to go big or go home
Okay, your opinion.

here is mine:

I want RM gone as much as the next person. But I also see Kev, and his team, the remainder of the players, the youngsters and the backroom staff who face possibly all losing their jobs in 3 weeks, having not been treated well at all for months, being stuck under embargo for almost a year (this time), having to wait months for wages and yet they are still getting ready to do their best against all odds. These guys deserve our respect and support, far more than giving that a*** any attention. He wont be at RH, and he will likely go out and leave his neighbours to endure the noise and disruption outside his house - and he wont care.

Having spent several years being married to and escaping a narcissist I can tell you right now that they hate being ignored more than anything else.

And by turning up at his house, all people are doing is feeding his ego in a warped kinda way,

And for what its worth, the game will likely be a one sided cluster****, and will not be remotely fun for any Southend fan. I guess you can understand that having to endure our illustrious neighbours up the A12 @Colblue !

Okay, your opinion.

here is mine:

I want RM gone as much as the next person. But I also see Kev, and his team, the remainder of the players, the youngsters and the backroom staff who face possibly all losing their jobs in 3 weeks, having not been treated well at all for months, being stuck under embargo for almost a year (this time), having to wait months for wages and yet they are still getting ready to do their best against all odds. These guys deserve our respect and support, far more than giving that a*** any attention. He wont be at RH, and he will likely go out and leave his neighbours to endure the noise and disruption outside his house - and he wont care.

Having spent several years being married to and escaping a narcissist I can tell you right now that they hate being ignored more than anything else.

And by turning up at his house, all people are doing is feeding his ego in a warped kinda way,
I’m sorry for your marriage experience, and I do appreciate your opinion and your own thoughts.
I get the ‘Lads deserve the support’ thought but, for me, now is the time to really pick your fight and what will give the club b the maximum chance of Ron leaving quick.
2000 of you marching will cause traffic congestion, road closures and diversions, that will give you huge National coverage, more so as you all chose to do this over watching the game!!
Get Ron out and you can support Mayer and your team to the hilt for ever more.
Don’t get him out and you genuinely could be counting on one hand the opportunities to support your team

I’m sorry for your marriage experience, and I do appreciate your opinion and your own thoughts.
I get the ‘Lads deserve the support’ thought but, for me, now is the time to really pick your fight and what will give the club b the maximum chance of Ron leaving quick.
2000 of you marching will cause traffic congestion, road closures and diversions, that will give you huge National coverage, more so as you all chose to do this over watching the game!!
Get Ron out and you can support Mayer and your team to the hilt for ever more.
Don’t get him out and you genuinely could be counting on one hand the opportunities to support your team
Isnt it just as well we are all friends here, and we all want the same thing! Anyone would have thought that the "my way or the highway" approach in this hideous situation would the last thing any football fan would want to see. Oh, the irony...

:Angry Mob:

Okay, your opinion.

here is mine:

And for what its worth, the game will likely be a one sided cluster****, and will not be remotely fun for any Southend fan. I guess you can understand that having to endure our illustrious neighbours up the A12 @Colblue
Good point well made re RM ego, hence happy to come out on the lawn early doors to hold court, happy to acknowledge car horns, gets off on the attention because he still, while time allows, feels in control. As I said in a previous post boycotting or indeed a mass march, whilst they provide fans a platform to showcase our plight for him it's another ego fix.

Suggest you read other local newspapers just to see how appalling our local sports coverage is. And at no additional cost.
Chris runs that entire sports desk by himself, AND has to report on sports further afield in Essex in places like Thurrock too. He is stretched unbelievably thin, massively overworked and criminally underpaid.

All on the Echo I'm afraid. It either can't or won't fund a reputable media outlet. Laid off all its investigative journalists years ago. You just have to look back through their archives at the stories written about the club during the 2010 meltdown. Absolutely worlds apart.

Their model now is based on online clicks.

I watched the first series of After Life (finally) the other day. The local rag that Ricky Gervais' character is a journalist for - that is pretty much the Echo now.

Good point well made re RM ego, hence happy to come out on the lawn early doors to hold court, happy to acknowledge car horns, gets off on the attention because he still, while time allows, feels in control. As I said in a previous post boycotting or indeed a mass march, whilst they provide fans a platform to showcase our plight for him it's another ego fix.
And at the eleventh hour, what is the most important to you?

And there’s the apathy, rather enjoy a game than be ar5ed to protest. These are critical days and with 3 weeks left imagine the publicity of 2000 + people marching. Disruption of road closures and inconvenience would make massive publicity and have Ron’s name all over national and international press.

I've been regularly protesting at Ron's house and I'm going to the first game of the season. I'm ok with that, thanks.

I've been regularly protesting at Ron's house and I'm going to the first game of the season. I'm ok with that, thanks.
Fair play to you mate, I’m not trying to direct anyone here, just offer you my support and personal opinion.
Important to always do you and what feels right. Different opinions are just that, neither is wrong or right but it’s always healthy to have different views and perspectives

And at the eleventh hour, what is the most important to you?
The most important thing to me is Southend United FC free of RM which I hope for everyday. The heart of the matter here is who is effected most personally by boycott RM or Kev and the boys and for me RM it's not! Every Shrimper has to go with their heart I can only respect your right to have your own personal view and do what is right for you but for varying reasons it will not feel the right thing for others.

With the greatest of respect, this attitude is proof of why some people have success in business and others don’t.

The greatest curse in life is immediate gratification - the need for everything to be now.

This need for the ‘now’ is why the club have fallen so far. Without a plan, we’re a hunter without a bow, or a football league club with a Brandon Goodship as its lead striker. It just doesn’t work.

Let the experts do their job and let’s all not worry about potentially missing out on a striker.
The benefit of hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Respect other people decisions.

I watched the first series of After Life (finally) the other day. The local rag that Ricky Gervais' character is a journalist for - that is pretty much the Echo now.

Close to 1,000 pages on this thread, and this is the one that shocks me the most, someone who hadn’t seen Afterlife. Sensational series by Ricky Gervais.

Anyways, back on topic…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back