• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m thick skinned enough to not care about what gets said at me, really couldn’t careless but there’s many people who are on here who have seen evidence of everything I’ve stated and claimed.

I don’t wish I had not started posting to help people stay in the loop. Most people on here who are saying what they are, are saying it based on having zero knowledge of what is actually going on, on how business works or what’s next.

I continue to say what I’ve said, I’m highly confident we get bought and have a brighter future. It may not happen with a timeline people are happy with, but at the end of the day, life can be disappointing.
Just my thoughts =

I am sure everyone is appreciative of any snippets of info from @CRATE but i also find it a little patronising when saying "on how business works" you have no idea what peoples background is and i am sure you have not had experience of acquisitions of this type yourself.

I agree people have Zero knowledge of what's going on or what's next ...... and that's the issue. Without any evidence or statements of intentions or outlining a plan moving forward we are just being led by random posts, sometimes cryptic, from alleged ITK's.

@CRATE i have been fully onboard and never questioned your information but there comes a point where the cat must be let out of the bag strategically to force specific modules of any acquisition talks if one side are proving difficult. If those actions dont shift the narrative more towards the final deal and takeover then simply the deal is stale mate and we will never move forward. Without knowledge of who or what the 5 are we could be backing a horse and willing the deal over the line only to find we have 5 medium wealth owners and in a similar position of languishing in the lower leagues forever.

Again i am not stupid and this whole situation has only RON to blame but with a slippery operator like RON you have to play him at his own game or he will always have the upper hand.

I still find the whole Kimura thing incredibly frustrating and rather odd.

Why did Ron agree a deal with them but never see it through? I understand that it’s his club and he can sell to who he chooses but why agree a deal in the first place?

Ron is a complete loon and I do fear he is going to cling onto the club somehow.

Just my thoughts =

I am sure everyone is appreciative of any snippets of info from @CRATE but i also find it a little patronising when saying "on how business works" you have no idea what peoples background is and i am sure you have not had experience of acquisitions of this type yourself.

I am the Commercial Director of a business that buys and sells sports publishing brands and MD of one of the publishing brands in Boxing. I feel well placed to talk about mergers and acquisitions in sport. And this is actually the reason I know anything about what has been going on the past few weeks mate.

I appreciate I don’t know everyone’s backgrounds. But absolute facts people are making things up in their own head and that is what is scaring the fans!

Why did Ron agree a deal with them but never see it through? I understand that it’s his club and he can sell to who he chooses but why agree a deal in the first place?

Ron is a complete loon and I do fear he is going to cling onto the club somehow.
Yes... months ago we had 'wallop', 95% done reported and even apparently RM telling the players when discussing their wages he'd sold. Then something changed. Presumably he realised he couldn't make the numbers stack up building a new stadium at FF and hence RH suddenly came into play which was originally reported as off the table.

I am the Commercial Director of a business that buys and sells sports publishing brands and MD of one of the publishing brands in Boxing. I feel well placed to talk about mergers and acquisitions in sport. And this is actually the reason I know anything about what has been going on the past few weeks mate.

I appreciate I don’t know everyone’s backgrounds. But absolute facts people are making things up in their own head and that is what is scaring the fans!
And there was me thinking you was just some nutter with a microphone 😂😂

Hi Crate, I’m a Col U fan but all rivalries for me are safely locked up in a box until the glorious day we play you again a EFL local derby. I just want to see our biggest rivals get through this awful Ron fuelled mess and on a path where all can start worrying about what happens on the pitch and not off the pitch.
So as one footy lover to another, I’m not questioning you or the validity of your information. All I would say is that the passion in your supporters base is all top drawer and I’ve watched these threads going from excitement of FF all the way through to literally not knowing if you’ll even exist in 3 weeks time. In that journey it’s right that any info of what is going on known by ITK’s is tempered and drip fed, but you’re now at a stage of watching what literally could be the last plays of trying to save the club. For me the time to dilute info is gone and everyone deserves to see the full picture. Everyone knows Ron probably has anterior motives and as soon as anyone gets close to his asks, he changes them and moves the goalposts. It’s been seen that Ron can’t stand people outside his house, it’s got results of extra info.
So in short ITK’s should now give a full picture so people can protest. From outside in it looks like most people will watch the first game rather than ramp up protests and boycotts that will really hurt him. I would hate to see you all just blindly limp to the cliff edge and jump off like mindless lemmings

@CRATE fair play and i have stupidly done the same not actually asking your qualifications in this area like i have accuse you of.

Everyone is on edge

Let me put it another way, would you send your grandmother of 80 to buy a car from a mid 20s roadman used car salesman ? Or would you send someone with a bit more savy to get a good deal.

By no stretch of the imagination do i think any of the 5 are anything but professional and people i would happily want to buy the club. But they are dealing with Ron Martin so need to think outside of the box to get a deal done. this isnt a normal human they are trying to deal with.

It's not unusual that agents/brokers/solicitors can/will try and drag out deals to get more money as well, is there a chance that Ron is being coached to go at higher asking price so the agents get more money for the time they're spending?

To attempt to understand this you have to buy in to the fact RM perfered outcome was to obtain investors and stay in control. The selling of the Club is and always has been a plan B the Kimura bid was used as a benchmark for others to better, a tool to be used just like the various deadline windows to try to and stay in power and control. We will only see him depart if he fails to obtain the investment, then you need arguably a better bid than the carrot figures he made public.

I think if he stays on and results are bad gradually the gates will drop down if people realise he’s hanging on it will do the no good at all he must go and disappear for ever

Yes... months ago we had 'wallop', 95% done reported and even apparently RM telling the players when discussing their wages he'd sold. Then something changed. Presumably he realised he couldn't make the numbers stack up building a new stadium at FF and hence RH suddenly came into play which was originally reported as off the table.
Or it brought him another month with the courts perhaps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back