• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my thoughts =

I am sure everyone is appreciative of any snippets of info from @CRATE but i also find it a little patronising when saying "on how business works" you have no idea what peoples background is and i am sure you have not had experience of acquisitions of this type yourself.

I agree people have Zero knowledge of what's going on or what's next ...... and that's the issue. Without any evidence or statements of intentions or outlining a plan moving forward we are just being led by random posts, sometimes cryptic, from alleged ITK's.

@CRATE i have been fully onboard and never questioned your information but there comes a point where the cat must be let out of the bag strategically to force specific modules of any acquisition talks if one side are proving difficult. If those actions dont shift the narrative more towards the final deal and takeover then simply the deal is stale mate and we will never move forward. Without knowledge of who or what the 5 are we could be backing a horse and willing the deal over the line only to find we have 5 medium wealth owners and in a similar position of languishing in the lower leagues forever.

Again i am not stupid and this whole situation has only RON to blame but with a slippery operator like RON you have to play him at his own game or he will always have the upper hand.
Agreed.... and well said. Im sure we are all genuinely grateful for his insights, no matter how cryptic, but that particular comment came across as somewhat patronising and rather superior. Looking forward to the day when something (anything? ) worthwhile is actually revealed to us long suffering fans.

Does anyone think that Ron is trying to work on 2 fronts and maybe using the Australian investers to try to drive up the offer on the club, which he "" really really loves " and wants to keep. Telling them that if he can get their investment for his FF project he would be able to better suport his dream to be the proud owner of a Premier League team.

Seems a tad convoluted I know but Ron seems to revel in manipulating everyone to get his own way. Showing potential investers how he is loved by the team, how misunderstood he is and that......hand on heart......he's honestly not the bad guy seems to fit in with his narcissistic character.

Guess pigs are flying over Southend. Or I may just have one Gin too many.

Does anyone think that Ron is trying to work on 2 fronts and maybe using the Australian investers to try to drive up the offer on the club, which he "" really really loves " and wants to keep. Telling them that if he can get their investment for his FF project he would be able to better suport his dream to be the proud owner of a Premier League team.

Seems a tad convoluted I know but Ron seems to revel in manipulating everyone to get his own way. Showing potential investers how he is loved by the team, how misunderstood he is and that......hand on heart......he's honestly not the bad guy seems to fit in with his narcissistic character.

Guess pigs are flying over Southend. Or I may just have one Gin too many.
It’s the way forward with the weekend around the corner
🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Can anyone confirm with 100% certainty that any season cards now purchased will not be available to Ron.

It pains me not to renew but if I knew 100% that Ron can't use the money himself then I may reconsider.

Agreed.... and well said. Im sure we are all genuinely grateful for his insights, no matter how cryptic, but that particular comment came across as somewhat patronising and rather superior. Looking forward to the day when something (anything? ) worthwhile is actually revealed to us long suffering fans.
If they weren’t cryptic I wouldn’t be able to say anything!

Sorry just to add, based on conversations that took place last night! Which I’ll share with a few trusted posters on here to confirm! I am still very confident, we get bought!
Just to confirm, @CRATE has shared the info with me and it looks legit and confirms everything he says.

Ron is being as slippery as ever and this could go all the way to 23/8 as he plays silly games, however we have some good people working on our behalf to make this happen.

Stop giving @CRATE stick - we're lucky to have him sharing what he can whilst still maintaining the trust of people close to the deal!

I think the biggest problem for anybody, whether they are in the know or not, is trying to speak with 'certainty' when it involves Ron Martin. I'm sure plenty of posters can speak with a degree of certainty when it relates to the people they know and what their intentions are. However, not one single person can be 100% certain about anything when it relates to Ron Martin and his side of proceedings. This is a man who over the years has swindled and manoeuvred his way around not paying an array of people. He's been to HMRC numerous times, not paid staff, withheld Spencer Prior's charity game money, owed money to Tara Brady and the list goes on. How on earth anyone can expect 100% certainty regarding a sale when Ron is involved, is pure folly and totally unrealistic. I'm sure all of the potential buyers have had great intentions and from their side, everything looked 'certain'. We as fans know different if we really think about it. We've had 25 years to understand what that man is like and therefore shouldn't be questioning or bemoaning people that are trying to keep us in the loop. As many people have said, it's one man, and one many only that is to blame.

Just to confirm, @CRATE has shared the info with me and it looks legit and confirms everything he says.

Ron is being as slippery as ever and this could go all the way to 23/8 as he plays silly games, however we have some good people working on our behalf to make this happen.

Stop giving @CRATE stick - we're lucky to have him sharing what he can whilst still maintaining the trust of people close to the deal!
Thanks for that but this is what annoys me as well.

I have seen no abuse aimed at Crate, just frustration form those who haven’t seen the info he has or isnt privy to it, so people being asked to trust something they cannot verify themselves. I personally am very happy with what Crate shares but it doesnt mean i feel happy al is going the right way.

You say he has shared and it looks legit, but do you know what’s going on the same as Crate appears too? If not how can you verify it? Asking so you can out us all at ease a little more.

Like I say I’m pleased with the ITK info from Crate, the same as i am from Boy Wonder on transfers and i think we are lucky to have them posting on the forum. But in relation to the takeover surely all ITK’s and everyone else can see there is frustration, not abuse/stick being given, as we are all not privy to the info

U.K.
If they weren’t cryptic I wouldn’t be able to say anything!
some of these ITK updates cause more angst amongst your fans than they alleviate as they give absolutely nothing concrete or tangible.
All people want to know are:
- are discussions just between possible members forming a consortium or have they progressed to tabling talks with Ron
- is Ron playing ball and the view is a deal can be brokered
- is timeline working to completion before NL date for paying HMRC or is expected to run past with possible collateral damage of ten point reduction
- is Ron completely out of picture once complete
- is there budget to improve RH and invest a healthy player budget to hopefully compete at top of table this year

Too much cryptic cr4p flying around, time to respect your fellow fans and paint a proper picture of what is going on

Unbelievable...can't believe this is going to drag on for another month.

Not giving @CRATE stick, i have already said we all appreciate what he shares. Its a forum for a discussion not a dictatorship and people have different worries and opinions but ultimately we all have the clubs future at heart.

Good for you he has shared info with you ........ what info though ? I fully get people are trusting people to stay tight lipped but just adding i have seen evidence means nothing.

Is it correspondence from RON the group or just random txt messages ? Again i have no axe to grind with anyone but frustrated we have an apparent group we know nothing about but sharing info with various people and then being shared again to back up stories.

Hard evidence like a statement wouldn't go a miss if its just texts then i can happily show text of people opinion or conversations.

Again i am not saying what has been shared or seen isn't correct or legit but for the rest of us not having seen it and earlier hype regarding Kimura deal we take it all with a pinch of salt until we have action or proof.

Another note, Who broke the news about an Australian investor at boots and laces ? Were they even investors ? Who were they ? Unless someone has been told to leak it how do we even know they were Australian ? Turned up in a ute looking like crocodile dundee ?

Thanks for that but this is what annoys me as well.

I have seen no abuse aimed at Crate, just frustration form those who haven’t seen the info he has or isnt privy to it, so people being asked to trust something they cannot verify themselves. I personally am very happy with what Crate shares but it doesnt mean i feel happy al is going the right way.

You say he has shared and it looks legit, but do you know what’s going on the same as Crate appears too? If not how can you verify it? Asking so you can out us all at ease a little more.

Like I say I’m pleased with the ITK info from Crate, the same as i am from Boy Wonder on transfers and i think we are lucky to have them posting on the forum. But in relation to the takeover surely all ITK’s and everyone else can see there is frustration, not abuse/stick being given, as we are all not privy to the info
I totally understand where you're coming from. @CRATE has been getting a fair bit of abuse - not so much on here but on Twitter and also directly calling or messaging him.

Part of that is alleging that he's making stuff up so he shared something with me to try to prove that he's not.

I'm honestly not trying to be difficult but in order that he (and so we) gets more tidbits of information he needs to protect his source and I need to abide by the fact that he shared it with me in complete confidence because of the need to protect his source.

There was enough info. shared for me to be reasonably confident about the veracity of it. In this age of deep fakes, how can we be 100% sure though?

We're all on the outside of this deal to be honest and the best we can do is share any glimpses we may get of what's going on behind closed doors. That's what @CRATE has done and I'm grateful for it, I'm also grateful that he trusted me to show me some source material and to the best of my knowledge it backs up what he's telling us.

I'm afraid at the moment, that's the best I can do!

We were told on the Twitter space by two people i respect ( one being @CRATE ) that the safety certificate had been issued. Then to be told the other day by Firth it still hadn't ??

So if something that is not under NDA can be so wrong how can we believe anything else ?

I do get the goal posts change and Ron moves the target constantly but he didn't with the safety certificate and even that snippet of info turned out to be wrong.

Anyway @CRATE i will still believe any info you share but be more sceptical that it may only be the situation at that moment and Ron or anyone else can move the goal posts.

Not giving @CRATE stick, i have already said we all appreciate what he shares. Its a forum for a discussion not a dictatorship and people have different worries and opinions but ultimately we all have the clubs future at heart.

Good for you he has shared info with you ........ what info though ? I fully get people are trusting people to stay tight lipped but just adding i have seen evidence means nothing.

Is it correspondence from RON the group or just random txt messages ? Again i have no axe to grind with anyone but frustrated we have an apparent group we know nothing about but sharing info with various people and then being shared again to back up stories.

Hard evidence like a statement wouldn't go a miss if its just texts then i can happily show text of people opinion or conversations.

Again i am not saying what has been shared or seen isn't correct or legit but for the rest of us not having seen it and earlier hype regarding Kimura deal we take it all with a pinch of salt until we have action or proof.

Another note, Who broke the news about an Australian investor at boots and laces ? Were they even investors ? Who were they ? Unless someone has been told to leak it how do we even know they were Australian ? Turned up in a ute looking like crocodile dundee ?
Absolutely understand where you're coming from. I can't tell you what the document was or where it came from as he shared with me in complete confidence and it was on that basis he showed me. If he wants to share, that's up to him.

The point was he said he had something this morning and would share with a few trusted posters to verify it, that's all I have done.

I admit it's not the whole information or transparent information that we all want, but it's the best we're going to get for now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back