• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno if you’re aware but when it comes to negotiations things can change on a daily basis very quickly

Which makes it impossible to be absolutely certain about anything which may or may not be happening.

That’s why most of the big-hitting ITK’s have decided to reign it in, as the situation is very fluid and anything they know/are told today, may not necessarily be true tomorrow

Don’t think anyone is blaming you or any ITK, it is frustration as no one knows anything with certainty (of very few do). The fact is 99% of us are in the dark, the club seems to be going under, there is a consortium of local business men that 99% of us know nothing about or who they are and as yet they haven’t bid (for what’s been mentioned) and we do not know if they will bid. As I say for me I am going to Braintree to watch football this season, I love the blues but have no clue if they will be around for part or all of the season. So two reasons not to buy a season ticket, 1 wont give any money at all to the club while RM’s name is down as owner, part owner, land lord or any involvement what so ever and 2 no guarantees we will be around for the whole season

You have some Australians mentioned which again 99% of people know nothing about.

Surely you can understand the frustration and questions and o doubting as 995 of us seem not to have clue as to what’s going on.

There is only one person to blame and we all know that.
Completely and utterly agree on this one. It's a whole different story when you're sitting with information you know but one else does, it's not a nice feeling when you have to constantly guess about the future of the club you love.

Absolute certainty instantly followed by doubt. Sums up these 968 pages nicely.

Ron not selling isn't your fault, but posting with certainty when you don't know something for certain is your own fault.

If I’m correct Crate is from the boxing world. It would probably help reading his posts if you read them as coming from a boxing hype man. That’s going to be constant high and lows rather than more cautious, guarded and tempered comments.

That’s not a knock on Crate who has take it upon himself to try and make things happen. We needed someone to step up and of all people it was Crate whose perseverance and refusal to take no for an answer seems to have helped bring parties together.
As I’ve said previously it would make an extraordinary documentary about how one fan with, as far as I’m aware, no real money or business qualifications ended up in the middle of discussions to save his club.

I appreciate your posts CRATE. They provide some insight and some hope. But why the need to talk in riddles? Have you caught this verbal disease from Ron Martin?

Footie's Fiasco: The Lost Documentary,
Cameras rolling, ready for the glory.
But fate played a trick, vanished from view,
A hidden gem, football fans never knew.

Make of that what you will. Read between the lines. Moving goalposts.

Very off topic and apologies for the news outlet…
But **** me, if you buy a flat next to a football stadium, don’t be shocked when the stadium does stadium things!

I’m thick skinned enough to not care about what gets said at me, really couldn’t careless but there’s many people who are on here who have seen evidence of everything I’ve stated and claimed.

I don’t wish I had not started posting to help people stay in the loop. Most people on here who are saying what they are, are saying it based on having zero knowledge of what is actually going on, on how business works or what’s next.

I continue to say what I’ve said, I’m highly confident we get bought and have a brighter future. It may not happen with a timeline people are happy with, but at the end of the day, life can be disappointing.

I’m thick skinned enough to not care about what gets said at me, really couldn’t careless but there’s many people who are on here who have seen evidence of everything I’ve stated and claimed.

I don’t wish I had not started posting to help people stay in the loop. Most people on here who are saying what they are, are saying it based on having zero knowledge of what is actually going on, on how business works or what’s next.

I continue to say what I’ve said, I’m highly confident we get bought and have a brighter future. It may not happen with a timeline people are happy with, but at the end of the day, life can be disappointing.
Thanks for updating where we can. Think we’re all at the end of our teather now . Not with you ofc with Ron and the situation. If wasn’t for slight bits hope from you think id be even more depressed tbh .

Keep up the great work @CRATE as their are many that appreciate what you are doing
Echo that ! After meeting CRATE at one of the protests, i was quite amazed at the level of knowledge freely divulged and quite a character he is fair play to you fella for trying to bang heads and shake the truth from the trees. I left the protest so much more upbeat.
Only to return to this wilderness a week later. Ffs.

Question based on what you’ve said, if many people have seen evidence already on what’s been done, is there any reason why the wider audience cannot also see this evidence?

Also just the part about people saying things based on zero knowledge, they cannot be blame for literally having no idea! 😄

Like most people on here, really dispointted that we havent made any progress in the last 3-4 months, Ron has moved the targets, not responded and hasnt helped the situation and the no1 reason why we are where we are.

Fair play to the local MP's , Court & NL for helping (as much as they can).

I guess we are not as an attractive proposisition as we all thought we are / were. There really doesnt seem to be anyone that keen on getting their hands on SUFC or understand the potential. I know Ron has made things difficult but if one of these groups really wanted SUFC then they would have made it happen by now. I thinkthere has been 2+ other clubs bought since we were put up for sale..

Thanks to those ITK people who have been doing their best to filter some info through and keep SZ ticking over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back