• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
We may not get bought today, as may not get bought next week! But we will get bought! If we don’t the only person to blame is RM!
Are the Aussies buyer, investors or nothing? As that would be 2 groups interested i guess if they are buyers.

You can forgive people for being sceptical as names are mentioned Kimura, consortium of some kind and now some Australians, yet nothing ever seems to move forward or thats how it seems to most folk on here

How long have you got? I don't know what the discussions with the Trust entailed, but if you do a search for @basilrobbie's posts you will be able to get a feel for the advice/opinions offered.
Just to add, our Trust's original conversations with Southend fans took place in 2021, We talked to them about our experience, the things we tried that worked, how we lobbied beyond Blackpool, identified useful media contacts and so on.

I was already posting intermittently on here (I think), but following the meeting I started spending far more time following you and as RHB says, I do post perspectives from time to time.

I'm sure colleagues from other clubs are doing the same, and at the FSA too. Our stance at the Blackpool ST is that we remember all too well what it was like when we were in crisis. We swore then that we would never see the fans of another club do the same without offering support or help if they felt that they needed it.

If I can plug the FSA for a minute, it is one of the reasons why a national umbrella group can be so useful. They have put us in contact with fans of several clubs in the last couple of years, at home and abroad ; unfortunately governance failures are still very common in football.

Last edited:
We may not get bought today, as may not get bought next week! But we will get bought! If we don’t the only person to blame is RM!
Do you think Ron genuinely wants to sell or would he prefer to remain as owner with investment of some sort? the longer this goes on, the more reluctant he seems to let go of the SUFC reins….

Do you think Ron genuinely wants to sell or would he prefer to remain as owner with investment of some sort? the longer this goes on, the more reluctant he seems to let go of the SUFC reins….
Yes I do!
Absolute certainty instantly followed by doubt. Sums up these 968 pages nicely.

Ron not selling isn't your fault, but posting with certainty when you don't know something for certain is your own fault.
If you would rather I don’t post! Then mute my posts! I’m getting 100s of messages a day! And doing my best to people upto date as I can.

Let's hope so and I don't doubt for a second that RM has caused problems.

I'm sure I'm not alone in the fact that I'm just fed up with the constant, this is happening, that has changed, I have spoken to certain people but can't tell you crap. When RM is the only person involve actually telling everyone anything you have to ask yourself why people are not calling him out on it.

If anyone puts a bid in at the quoted price that RM made public and he turns it down then have an interview with Chris Phillips, make it public and you will have triple the protestors at least.

Sorry just to add, based on conversations that took place last night! Which I’ll share with a few trusted posters on here to confirm! I am still very confident, we get bought!
That's good to hear but do we have any idea of when this might happen?

Here’s a thought that’s gnawing away at me. If SUFC ceases to exist, does that increase the value of Roots Hall?

Yes I do!

If you would rather I don’t post! Then mute my posts! I’m getting 100s of messages a day! And doing my best to people upto date as I can.
Your first post of being very confident based on conversations is great to read and valued. It's the absolute certainty ones that is best avoided...unless it becomes certain, of course.

Everyone knew the slimeball Martin was lieing all along He got himself plenty of media coverage saying he was selling up.Also he fooled the courts applying for exstention after exstention saying the club was up for sale . He should be brought in front of the judges for living to the courts .And put put away where he belongs
Exactly this, if they would have put more pressure on him after umpteen court appearances, it might have made him cough up earlier. They keep believing his bullsh*t, and not only mugging off the courts, but, every single fan, staff member and players.
He should be brought to account.
As I said earlier, periodic fit and proper tests should carry on, then people like Martin are held to account to run the club correctly.

#MartinOut

Are the Aussies buyer, investors or nothing? As that would be 2 groups interested i guess if they are buyers.

You can forgive people for being sceptical as names are mentioned Kimura, consortium of some kind and now some Australians, yet nothing ever seems to move forward or thats how it seems to most folk on here
Surprised you’re bothered now you are a Braintree fan.

Nope, keen the faith and people continue to work hard to save our club! It amazes me how people are blaming people who are trying to save us! Not the person who has nearly killed us!
Don’t think anyone is blaming you or any ITK, it is frustration as no one knows anything with certainty (of very few do). The fact is 99% of us are in the dark, the club seems to be going under, there is a consortium of local business men that 99% of us know nothing about or who they are and as yet they haven’t bid (for what’s been mentioned) and we do not know if they will bid. As I say for me I am going to Braintree to watch football this season, I love the blues but have no clue if they will be around for part or all of the season. So two reasons not to buy a season ticket, 1 wont give any money at all to the club while RM’s name is down as owner, part owner, land lord or any involvement what so ever and 2 no guarantees we will be around for the whole season

You have some Australians mentioned which again 99% of people know nothing about.

Surely you can understand the frustration and questions and o doubting as 995 of us seem not to have clue as to what’s going on.

There is only one person to blame and we all know that.

Surprised you’re bothered now you are a Braintree fan.
I love the blues, but I wont give money to a club where RM has any involvement. Such a stupid post its unreal

I have always watched other teams when I cant get to away games, so I guess that makes me a wakering fan, a billericay fan, a canvey fan. Some people go to other venues to watch football not support a team. I enjoy relaxing watching football simple.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back