• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone who understands business or basic economics.

The purchase price, publicised for Southend United is more than the price Charlton has been sold for. With ZERO debt and higher valued assets in a club in a higher league with more fans.

Honestly, it’s time we all get real, and make sure the pressure is not dropped. To all the people that have asked has RM been offered what he put out publicly, no ofcourse he hasn’t, has he turned down offers (I don’t know), has he ignored offers YES!
Then there is the reason he hasn't sold it yet. If he is holding out for that figure then making lower offers is not going to interest him.

You said that the goalposts were moved but it seems like no one has actually got close enough to tell yet.

Then there is the reason he hasn't sold it yet. If he is holding out for that figure then making lower offers is not going to interest him.

You said that the goalposts were moved but it seems like no one has actually got close enough to tell yet.
When the time comes! I will share everything I can to prove everything that has been said! Again, the goal posts are on a different pitch currently.

Everyone knew the slimeball Martin was lieing all along He got himself plenty of media coverage saying he was selling up.Also he fooled the courts applying for exstention after exstention saying the club was up for sale . He should be brought in front of the judges for living to the courts .And put put away where he belongs

So do we think he has enough money to keep the club crawling along this season without a buyer or are we just going to take -10 points however many times and die?

Wigan players do a “Lopata”

Going slightly off topic here, but two players at Wigan have “done a Lopata” as well as Will Keane doing it earlier in the summer for repeated late payment of wages.

Doesn’t say if these are consecutive months, or what the situation is, but I know there was talk of Mooney and a tribunal, I wonder if we will fall foul of this again.

I appreciate your posts CRATE. They provide some insight and some hope. But why the need to talk in riddles? Have you caught this verbal disease from Ron Martin?
RM public statement said RH was up for sale so at that time the goalposts were at Roots Hall. So I’m reading this that the goalposts on a different pitch means it’s now the FF pitch. I might be wrong??

Sorry just to add, based on conversations that took place last night! Which I’ll share with a few trusted posters on here to confirm! I am still very confident, we get bought!
To clarify these posters also know what conversations took place, or you’re informing them so they can confirm on here? It all gets very confusing, well for me at least.

If I am honest I have given up caring to a degree, buying a season ticket to Braintree for the coming season

Ok, the protests should continue and be kept as high profile as possible in the press and media, but let's not kid ourselves that Ron is fazed by what we are doing. Probably his wife and family are fed up to the back teeth, but he is proving, time and time again, that he's in his own untouchable Ronny world, where only his opinions matter.

What really matters to me is that my/our Club continues to exist and plays in the National League. To that end the High Court and the National League committee are our best hopes of finally getting a grip on this total shyster and forcing him to pay his debts and finally sell the Club. They absolutely must give him nowhere to go. That said I will be continuing to grace Ronny Manor when the call goes out, crutch and all.

One of the groups interested in buying the club is about all i can say.
Cricko, now you seem pessimistic about any ‘consortium’ - I guess this didn’t pan out- are you able to reveal any more about who this was that approached you?

When the time comes! I will share everything I can to prove everything that has been said! Again, the goal posts are on a different pitch currently.
I think you'll find this has been the case the whole summer, not just for the last couple of weeks.

It's good that you are sharing your inside knowledge with fans, but I feel you got fans over hyped that we were close to a takeover when in actual fact it was a consortium trying to come together to table an offer.

However the reality is that they were always going to have to take on Ron, and that was not going to be as easy as i feel you thought it may be.

I'm not calling you out in any way, we all have the clubs best interest at heart, but I don't feel you constantly leading fans on to believe something good is just around the corner is doing anybody any favours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back