• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
[
For anyone who understands business or basic economics.

The purchase price, publicised for Southend United is more than the price Charlton has been sold for. With ZERO debt and higher valued assets in a club in a higher league with more fans.

Honestly, it’s time we all get real, and make sure the pressure is not dropped. To all the people that have asked has RM been offered what he put out publicly, no ofcourse he hasn’t, has he turned down offers (I don’t know), has he ignored offers YES!
The reason why that deal for Charlton may look superficially attractive is that its already a L1 club with an operating loss of £10m on a £10m turnover from their last accounts? They are on their 4th set of owners in 4 years…and none have achieved anything but a whopping loss year on year…

Whilst he is offered less (maybe significantly less) than the asking price it’s easy for him not to engage.

And it’s probably easier to understand why going public at this point would be less impactful…so, if so, that explains that to a fair degree…and why he will kick the can down the road towards 23rd Aug (as you suspect)…

BTW this is not to say he is or isn’t asking too much. But what is absolutely true is anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay..

For anyone who understands business or basic economics.

The purchase price, publicised for Southend United is more than the price Charlton has been sold for. With ZERO debt and higher valued assets in a club in a higher league with more fans.

Honestly, it’s time we all get real, and make sure the pressure is not dropped. To all the people that have asked has RM been offered what he put out publicly, no ofcourse he hasn’t, has he turned down offers (I don’t know), has he ignored offers YES!
Charlton were sold for £12.5 million, which didn’t include the stadium or training ground:

“SE7’s agreement does not include Charlton’s stadium, The Valley, and training ground, which belong to the club’s former owner Roland Duchatelet.”

Your statement above doesn’t seem to correlate with reality.

I’m not here to criticise you @CRATE as we all appreciate your work and don’t want to shoot the messenger, but I think most people saw the deal including RH to be quite reasonable. Maybe we’re all way off in valuing land, but to me it seems fair and the only way to pin Ron down is to publicly agree to those terms.

It’s clear Ron doesn’t want to sell, at least not to Kimura or the consortium, and is desperately trying to find alternatives. It sounds like the consortium are resigned to playing Ron’s games in the dark, hoping he fails to find an alternative and accepts their bid on August 22nd.

I don’t have much hope.

Charlton were sold for £12.5 million, which didn’t include the stadium or training ground:

“SE7’s agreement does not include Charlton’s stadium, The Valley, and training ground, which belong to the club’s former owner Roland Duchatelet.”

Your statement above doesn’t seem to correlate with reality.

I’m not here to criticise you @CRATE as we all appreciate your work and don’t want to shoot the messenger, but I think most people saw the deal including RH to be quite reasonable. Maybe we’re all way off in valuing land, but to me it seems fair and the only way to pin Ron down is to publicly agree to those terms.

It’s clear Ron doesn’t want to sell, at least not to Kimura or the consortium, and is desperately trying to find alternatives. It sounds like the consortium are resigned to playing Ron’s games in the dark, hoping he fails to find an alternative and accepts their bid on August 22nd.

I don’t have much hope.
So over 3 years a L1 club is costing over £40m and you don’t even own stadium or training ground? Where are these buyers? How do we find them?

Who are these supposed buyers.

Step forward and show yourselves. If you have met Ron's evaluation and he has declined, make it public so that the fans can ramp up the pressure.

I'm begining to think this will never end.
Completely agree

If Si Jack has removed the wallop post on Instagram, then it is either because they have given up or it is a way / tactic to make RM think they have walked away

If it is the first option, why not post the details publicly on this forum?

I get why they wouldn't want to make a statement on their own website etc, but why not declare what was accepted and post why it hasn't gone through.

The fans need this.

Who are these supposed buyers.

Step forward and show yourselves. If you have met Ron's evaluation and he has declined, make it public so that the fans can ramp up the pressure.

I'm begining to think this will never end.
They need to put more pressure on Ron, his basking in delaying it and doing nothing at the moment.

So over 3 years a L1 club is costing over £40m and you don’t even own stadium or training ground? Where are these buyers? How do we find them?
I can only imagine the attraction is the possibility of getting them back to the PL, when they instantly become worth (I’m guessing) probably upwards of £150m / £200m. For a club like Charlton who have a premier league history, a big fan base, and a Prem standard stadium, it’s not such a long stretch to get back there. I suppose for some people with deep pockets it’s worth the punt. If they don’t make much progress after a year or so they can sell it on for a similar amount & any losses are negligible for people with that sort of money.

On the plus side we're nailed on to go past 1000 pages on this thread.
Yep and it’s looking increasingly likely we won’t have a buyer at that point either. Which makes this thread even more amazing. Nearly a 1000 pages talking about the sale of the club, that still doesn’t even look close, is quite possibly the sadest thing that’s ever happened on here and to our club.

We need to keep up the pressure with protests, boycotts getting both home e and away clubs involved as well as the adverse publicity until we are rid of this cancer that slowly eating our club from the inside.

EVERYONE who can should also be at court end of August and face this prick making him understand he is not, and never will be welcome at our club.

We need to keep up the pressure with protests, boycotts getting both home e and away clubs involved as well as the adverse publicity until we are rid of this cancer that slowly eating our club from the inside.

EVERYONE who can should also be at court end of August and face this prick making him understand he is not, and never will be welcome at our club.
I bring the eggs 🥚 to court. I was a master at egging bk in the day

They haven’t, so they understandably won’t and therefore we can’t.
I understand why they haven’t come out and said who they are, if things go belly up then they are there to be shot at.

However, I can see why some think they should say who they are and you could look at the opposites and say…

If they come out the fans would rally round and support them and it may, just may, help their cause. I doubt any fan (if they really understood whats going on) would blame them if the bid (if one was made) fell through they would be respected for trying to save the club. There could be no down sides possibly.

Their other businesses would get a benefit from that, it is possible that the fans and maybe would be more inclined to utilise their other businesses rather than a competitor. Out of gratitude for saving the club or respect for trying to save the club

The NDA only really stops you disclosing private information within the deal, given the price was put out there (as per website statement, and as no other statement has been made thats all we can assume is the price even if as rumoured it has changed), you could say we have made an offer that meets the statement published on the clubs website out just say we have made an offer and are waiting feed back etc.

Like I say I can see both sides, and as I always say not an ITK so my opinion counts for very little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back