• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ron is being a class A ****, any reason why he's not being held to account? If he's reneged on his public deal then the buyers who want the deal need to come out and say so. If they don't want the deal then they have entered negotiations, and we've always known where negotiating with Ron in the dark leaves you.

All we know is that Ron has put forwards what seems a very reasonable deal. 10 days later no bidders have come forwards, so it's a bit much for us to blame Ron for the lack of a sale given what we know. Of course he may well be at fault, but any prospective buyers haven't given us anything to justify that being the case.
Unfortunately it all plays into his hands from a negotiation viewpoint. Looked to sell but no serious bids from serious bidders were received in an acceptable timeframe, so to ensure the club’s survival I pursued vigorously the investment option which was with a partner in whom I had the necessary confidence….

B***ocks but easy to get way with if the bidder won’t even say who they are…

I have no idea how or why you “invest” in a club like ours. What are the investors getting out of it? Hopeful they not been promised a % of the stadium deal as their return as that’s not happening. Weird….
I agree. Buying the club, you at least get something for it. Investing, I have no idea what you would stand to gain, particularly with no new stadium on the horizon.

I have no inside information on the current situation with the sale of the club, but I think the most likely scenario is that the NL deadline has given him a few extra weeks and he is trying to manouevre an auction, playing buyers off against each other. Would explain why he is showing potential owners around the place.

My money would be that he has offers, but not what he wants as yet, and he will try and drive up those offers by playing them against each other.

I genuinely believe he has had enough and wants out. There's nothing in it for him anymore.

If any potential investors are reading. Do some DD and you may find that plans for FF are in trouble.
Unfortunately the original plans have full planning approval as do the one at RH. He can build the 3 sides and park the main stand which is the main proposed change. BTW I have no idea what going on- but he is turning. Lack of transparency from buyers to his advantage big time

there are two sonorous. Rm doesnt want to sell and nevwr did. 2 someone will give ron so much money he has to take it. The former is the obvious. So were are we. It seems to be rid of him its starting again. I see no other wY forward.
I'm beginning to think that way too....

To all those who want Ron gone asap (which I guess is all of us)... let's just hope he can keep the club funded while any sale goes through, no matter how long that may take.

Because you can't force someone to buy it.

Don't get sucked in with the headlines... the devil is always in the detail.

And if Ron has to get some outside investment while all that's going on, and we have a club to support during that time, then that's fine with me actually.
Anyone giving him funding is going to want a decent return. If he pays it back out of upcoming sale proceeds, then obviously it will reduce his figure. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bigger picture and any lender is doing so for a larger return at a later date. But 🤷

I think you’re reading a bit too much into this. It costs Ron nothing to allow potentially interested parties to watch training. It improves morale amongst the playing staff (look the Calvary is coming!) and if there’s another interested party it can help stoke a bidding war.
Which might be true also….But an information void gets filled and Ron has free reign currently…

Just to clarify he wanted 10m more than he advertised on the official site. But then magnanimously dropped it to just 5m more than he advertised on the official site?
No can’t be. It the basics- any buyer would then make clear publicly one way or the other that they had fully the requested terms from last Monday, that would pile huge pressure back on him. You can’t just keep rolling over and keep quiet?

Last edited:
I think the fans could move the goalposts. What happens when we start losing every game with a depleted squad thats smaller than a Sunday league team ? What happens if we get a 10 point fine and are still losing ? The mood of the fans will change. I'm sure of that. Those will be interesting times for the king of the castle.

Which might be true also….But an information void gets filled and Ron has free reign currently…
I know it is
We’ve just gotta pray there’s a breakthrough very soon and Ron finally gives in🙏
I know it is a high risk strategy, but I wondering whether the consortium of five businessmen should simply call RM's bluff and publicly agree to pay the asking price of 4.5 million for the club. That would put RM on the spot and limit his room for maneoevre. It would also intensify the pressure for RM to sell, particularly from the two local MPs that have got involved in the club's plight.

I suspect there is a price of £1 for the club, £4.5m for RH and a sum of money needed to keep the club afloat and get it out of the embargo.

That sum will be less now that Ron has paid the wages and will be even less once he has paid HMRC.

I know it is

I know it is a high risk strategy, but I wondering whether the consortium of five businessmen should simply call RM's bluff and publicly agree to pay the asking price of 4.5 million for the club. That would put RM on the spot and limit his room for maneoevre. It would also intensify the pressure for RM to sell, particularly from the two local MPs that have got involved in the club's plight.
Of course they should…it’s the basics.. but you have to question why they haven’t..,,,maybe they themselves are still getting dressed… not good but maybe the reality..

I suspect there is a price of £1 for the club, £4.5m for RH and a sum of money needed to keep the club afloat and get it out of the embargo.

That sum will be less now that Ron has paid the wages and will be even less once he has paid HMRC.

Yes but almost certainly he'll want to recuperate the money he has paid towards wages and supposedly will pay to HMRC. Therefore the price will be £1 for the club, £4.5m for RH + the wage and HMRC bill. And i've lost track as to how big that might be.

He originally wanted 10 mill+, he dropped that overnight with his statement asking for 4.5 mill + He has since altered that figure again.
And without the consortium of 5 making themselves public & revealing this ( which i presume they can't because of agreeing to whatever confidentiality stipulations are in place ) everyone still presumes his statement price is still the same?.
Obviously little snippets of info get passed on, otherwise this comment wouldn't be made. By whom i've no idea, not interested, but it's a shame the 'roach' can't be asked by The Echo if it's fact, then why did he blatantly lie in his statement?.

In all honesty I think this nothing more than a ploy to get fans off his back for the mountain of **** probably coming our way who’s going to buy the club with no assets of its own. He is buying more time not selling anything because there will be no buyers
This quote from Jim which is nr 308 on here, seems to have hit the nail on the head

Thanks for the correction. When I referred to the club, I was including RH. But you are right. There is a distinction. RM has publicly said he will accept 4.5 million for RH and it would very interesting if the local consortium of five business people said publicly they were prepared to meet RM's valuation of RH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back