• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don’t understand is if the goal posts are changing everyday put it out there so he can’t.
You’re alluding to the fact he has now asked £5m not £1 ?

They clearly want to low ball him as has been put out there in the statement “you don’t pay the price for a house that’s advertised on rightmove”

That’s their prerogative and negotiations are all part of the game.

He has now upped the price? but have they even tabled an offer ? What was the offer ?
We all know how slippery he is surely he isn’t a business mastermind and should easily be nailed down by someone with some business and life skills.

Kimura were played as far as we are lead to believe but would have carried out the DD in good faith but either found horror stories or Ron decided he would move the goal posts.

What’s Southend United really worth …. Like everythjng it’s only worth what someone is willing to pay and if those people offer peanuts ( although it may be all it’s worth as a business transaction ) Ron will keep hold and limo on until he can either command a price he wants to walk away with a retirement fund or keep limping along financing us upto the eyeballs and try and push for FF or similar while holding us to ransom.
Not sure that's right. I've heard the deal of RH + the club was touted for circa £10m before Ron went public with the £4.5m. So the price fell, not rose.

The club shares will likely only ever sell for £1 - the negotiations will be over how much debt will be in the club that the new owners will need to pay-off. Plus any add-ons such as RH, training ground, FF etc etc

Honestly, he can't be doing this? We never ever going to ger rid of Ron!

We need to step up the protest. Even, kills me to say, stay away from the games. It's worked to a point just need to rank up the pressure and maybe extreme plans. Short term pain for long term gain
He can if any potential bidders prefer to remain in the shadows.

I honestly don't see any deal happening there. If he's changing the goal posts all the time then calling him out publicly on his initial offer is the way to go. Until then Ron has all the power, and we know what narcissists do with that.

To all those who want Ron gone asap (which I guess is all of us)... let's just hope he can keep the club funded while any sale goes through, no matter how long that may take.

Because you can't force someone to buy it.

Don't get sucked in with the headlines... the devil is always in the detail.

And if Ron has to get some outside investment while all that's going on, and we have a club to support during that time, then that's fine with me actually.

The 5mill was RH included.

He ups the price when others show an interest or he wants more money now to suit him and yes he has.

Spot on

As I allluded to before he now has been given nearly a month by the NL to get his house in order, he will relish every day to get what he wants or dreams of.. for sure there should be others that should have him for toast but when he owns the ball it's his game.
Has an offer of £1 for the shares and £4.5m for roots hall ever been made ? If it had I would be calling for Chris Phillips to be reporting it and call him out on his public price for the club !

I suspect it’s a case of you want £4.5m we will give you £1m so he has said fair enough it’s now £10m

Maybe I am just at the end of my patience and having a bad day but something doesn’t add up.

The issue I struggle with is I think SUFC is priceless and worth billions in emotional connection to me and most of us but as a business it’s worthless as it stands and he won’t walk away with nothing. Impossible situation and only one man to blame.

We need someone who is a supporter and not looking at a medium term investment and kimura and whoever the famous 5 are are in it as a business not emotional reasons.

I honestly think it’s stale mate, the club is worthless to a buyer at the moment with all the debt and issues but Ron feels it’s worth £20+m.

I fear we limp along with points deduction more unpaid wages under embargo all season and will be isthmian league, if we are lucky, before we know it 😞

I can only guess that the amount Ron stands to make from Roots Hall Dev and Fantasy Farm is so huge that he just couldn't let it go.

I actually do think he has had the money to fund the club all along, every HMRC Court date...paid etc. Its obvious he didn't want to put anymore of "his" money into it and left people almost destitute, he is a hideously selfish man. I suspect he has now got very lucky and found someone to share a small but sizeable slice of development pie so he can continue his dream. There has never been a more callous and underhand chairman in the history of Football.

To all those who want Ron gone asap (which I guess is all of us)... let's just hope he can keep the club funded while any sale goes through, no matter how long that may take.

Because you can't force someone to buy it.

Don't get sucked in with the headlines... the devil is always in the detail.

And if Ron has to get some outside investment while all that's going on, and we have a club to support during that time, then that's fine with me actually.
What makes you think outside investment is just for while a sale goes through and not instead of a sale?

Without knowing exactly what the NDA says it’s difficult to say. Usually a NDA would cover information received from the other party during the course of a bid.

That would mean Ron would be free to state what he would accept for it and probably for a buyer to state what they would buy it for but not for the buyer to state what Ron would sell it for or for Ron to state who wanted to buy it.
That might be the initial draft but I always insist any such terms are mutual. In fact it’s not a bad way to address one sided clauses in any contract- if you can’t negotiate it away say fine we accept as long as it’s mutual- at which point all the reasons why that can’t be is like watching the enemy sink their own boat…
The NDA should be mutual- if it isn’t then that’s a misstep…

SUFC
The only UK club with a 100% records against Man U.
The only UK club to score with 8 men
Hat trick
The only club to be promoted having been given a 10 point deduction.

What a story that would be………

Now back to the real world where we are ****ed
( am I the only one that thinks of the coarsing scene in ‘Snatch’ when someone says that about SUFC)
Don't MK Franchise have a 100% record vs United?

a) RM only position of strength is his ownership.
b) RM always wanted to stay in control so outside investors preferred. The sale of club a reluctant plan B
c) Plan B played out against a backdrop of 3rd party deadlines as RM drops price of deal looking to stimulating bids to play one off against the other to achieve max return.
d) RM will view embargo or points reduction as collateral damage and insignificant if he can retain overall control.
e) If sufficent investment not forthcoming to retain control RM will opt for plan B at 11th hour but upto that point the narcissists will believe he can still achieve his preferred outcome.
f) RM despite what people believe will not be as influenced by match boycotting as protests outside his house, his narcissistic nature will not take it as personal he would most likely consol himself with the view their cutting of their nose to spite their face, remember this is a man who believes unpaid staff should be grateful they still have a job.

there are two sonorous. Rm doesnt want to sell and nevwr did. 2 someone will give ron so much money he has to take it. The former is the obvious. So were are we. It seems to be rid of him its starting again. I see no other wY forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back