• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
He ain't selling, it's been nearly 5 months. Ever been had ? Martin is literally going to watch Maher start his first league game this season without filling the bench, unreal.
No way is he selling, he's having far too much fun. Show me a prospective buyer who thinks they stand a good chance of a takeover imminent !
Oh, I see; I've been had?

But of course I can't show you a prospective buyer because any discussions would be being held on an NDA basis.

In the same way as you can't back up any of your statements with facts, can you?

I'll let somebody who actually knows what's going on say something before I believe this.

@CRATE did you mean that Ron isn't going to sell the club when you posted "Goals posts haven’t been moved. They’ve been installed on a completely new pitch" with a smiley face?
I took it to mean the original deal was FF related and now the goal posts are on a completely new pitch as the deal is just RH related and nowhere near the original discussions being held

I took it to mean the original deal was FF related and now the goal posts are on a completely new pitch as the deal is just RH related and nowhere near the original discussions being held
I hope that's what he meant, but with the news/rumours of a group of investors being at B&L, coupled with RM's track record, I took it to mean that he's up to his old tricks again...

Have I missed something? Why are people saying the club isn't for sale?

Is this because nobody has announced that a bid has been made for the club yet?

I get confused because Ron said it was for sale and announced what the price was (sort of).
Chris P and Crate have both said that people were talking about buying the club.

Isn't there an NDA in place that would prevent Ron and any prospective buyers from making a statement, even if they wanted to?
I think it is because if you go back and watch his press conference on 17th March he actually said he was looking to sell the club OR find additional investment.

So he never solely has said he is only looking to sell the club and that the investment route has always been in his back pocket and reading between the lines is his preferred option for obvious reasons.

The devil is in the detail and this is one devil of a detail!

Have I missed something? Why are people saying the club isn't for sale?

Is this because nobody has announced that a bid has been made for the club yet?

I get confused because Ron said it was for sale and announced what the price was (sort of).
Chris P and Crate have both said that people were talking about buying the club.

Isn't there an NDA in place that would prevent Ron and any prospective buyers from making a statement, even if they wanted to?

Without knowing exactly what the NDA says it’s difficult to say. Usually a NDA would cover information received from the other party during the course of a bid.

That would mean Ron would be free to state what he would accept for it and probably for a buyer to state what they would buy it for but not for the buyer to state what Ron would sell it for or for Ron to state who wanted to buy it.

Who knows who know but I did know that Australian investors to his project were meeting him at the training ground yesterday they have no interest in buying either rootshall or the training ground but want to invest I also know Ron is over the moon with all the volunteers tidying everything up so his investors can see a much ‘ nicer’ environment… I also noticed yesterday on my day off a lot of activity at the training ground prior to the arrival ….
Hear the aussis were there today and met some players and watched some training.
Don't know what significance that holds but at least shows interest

Without knowing exactly what the NDA says it’s difficult to say. Usually a NDA would cover information received from the other party during the course of a bid.

That would mean Ron would be free to state what he would accept for it and probably for a buyer to state what they would buy it for but not for the buyer to state what Ron would sell it for or for Ron to state who wanted to buy it.
Not been reading all the messages on here, but what’s this with Aussies? Investors leaving RM involved?

Made me laugh. Saw this on Faceache.

Martin declares Fosset Farm Stadium complete and ready to play this season!

May be an image of 14 people and Saqsaywaman

Hear the aussis were there today and met some players and watched some training.
Don't know what significance that holds but at least shows interest
I’m not sure that’s good news (for those that want Ron gone)? If they were allowed access to players and watching training then that must be with Ron’s approval (or perhaps at his invitation) which would strengthen the view that they are investing rather than buying outright which keeps Ron in situ.

Genuinely hope I’m wrong but I believe that’s what he’s been aiming for last few weeks (once he realized a sale wouldn’t get a price he’d be happy with)

I’m not sure that’s good news (for those that want Ron gone)? If they were allowed access to players and watching training then that must be with Ron’s approval (or perhaps at his invitation) which would strengthen the view that they are investing rather than buying outright which keeps Ron in situ.

Genuinely hope I’m wrong but I believe that’s what he’s been aiming for last few weeks (once he realized a sale wouldn’t get a price he’d be happy with)
I think investment has been his game since he started this ball rolling. Mentioned quite clearly in the press conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back