• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just about getting rid of RM you know, it's about preserving the club as well.
Preserving the club is all about getting rid of Ron ffs 😂😂 if Ron is still here come August 24th we will have a points deduction. Not out of embargo. Bottom of the league.. tell me what life is left then?

I don’t think there is any drafting or punctuation error.

How I read it is saying that ok sums owed in respect of historical football creditors have been paid but any further sums due to football creditors and of course all HMRC debt have to be up to date by 23/8

So sort of a moratorium till 23/8 but go past that date owing and penalties will start to be imposed.
If it were a contract I would be comfortable advising that it means what I interpreted it to mean.

Anyway, we will see. What matters is what actually happens and the consequences if any.

Preserving the club is all about getting rid of Ron ffs 😂😂 if Ron is still here come August 24th we will have a points deduction. Not out of embargo. Bottom of the league.. tell me what life is left then?
Well the NL don.t seem to share your pessimism, they have had positive dialogue and sight of suitably evidence that we will be okay.

So cheer up, if the NL are happy with the evidence provided so should you be.

Last edited:
Our Vanarama National League game at home to Eastleigh has been switched to Friday, 25 August at 7:45pm.

The match was originally due to take place on the Saturday but will now be played under the lights!

They're hopeful aren't they......
Hope someone is sponsoring the electricity cost for this switch. Those floodlights i'm sure will have the electric meter spinning. Unless Rons got a very good magnet in place.

If the 'Famous Five' are taking a while to get their ducks in a row and make a formal bid, I don't mind RM looking for other buyers (like the rumoured Aussies), provided it's on the terms he set out last week.

But that's probably not what he's doing, is it? Feels like he's moving goalposts for the 5 (like he did with Kimura), whilst trying to get investors on board so he can still be involved and profit from the finished RH/FF project. Hoping to be proved wrong...
Goals posts haven’t been moved. They’ve been installed on a completely new pitch 😂

The same penalty as for suffering an insolvency event.

Having thought this through it seems to me that the potential penalties are so draconian that the NL have reluctantly agreed not to expel SUFC.

Its highly likely that the intervention by the MPs swayed the decision but I certainly am not in the glass half full section I actually think the clarity of the situation makes things far more of a concern
After months / years of us complaining about lack of clarity...

RM and all of us know what needs to be done to keep the club running even at a minimum level. If he gets investment and pulls that off it sounds better than one alternative even if it’s second best to others. Push for a sale but to put ousting RM ahead of keeping the club afloat doesn’t sound a brilliant strategy. Just screaming at him to sell when we have no idea what’s been offered and by who isn’t going to cut it. A very very difficult man with a dubious moral code for sure but I really really hate the idea of a phoenix club more than I hate RM, or anyone else for that matter.

‘Oh what a tangled web we weave/When first we practice to deceive,’
Arguably RM current strategy in a nutshell with no intention to go!
Let's however evaluate a few things.
We here Australian investors held talks with the club (RM or representatives) at B&L yesterday
and given the venue, investment being sort for FF development with no financial benefit to Southend United. RM has not been able to generate a sale of the Club which achieves his financial requirements to fund FF development and satisfies his egotistical desire to be Top Dog and still in control. I would argue that the clearance of certain football related debts by RM is a course of action he would never envisage having to fund himself and although the football club has always been a key logistical leverage the financial drain of having to belatedly face the music on these debts makes the sale of the Club the shrewd move but by his nature it will be 11th hour just to satisfy the narcissists in him, but he will have the reality to know that nobody going forward, which has been said by others, will be comfortable working with an individual responsible for the death of a football club.
Another intriguing aspect is the commitment of sponsors to be associated to the Club and reflects so well on the efforts of the commercial department, heaven only knows what drives them on. TL appears to be going above and beyond to achieve match day 1, is this all down to blind hope of a fan or is its foundation in the knowledge that he knows at the end of the day the sale is the inevitable outcome.
My real concern is that continued embargo and potential point deductions do not hit RM where it concerns him, in his pocket that's when the reaction comes, financial loss not footballing ones!
Keep the faith others are, let's hope we are right to do so.

I read that as we have until 23rd August to pay HMRC and football creditors regardless, and after that we have no leeway.

Incidentally, two things -

1) When is the regular payday meant to be? The last Friday of the month, the 28th or the last day of the month?
2) At what point is it late enough to warrant it triggering an issue with the NL? I don't do payroll, but doesn't it have to be a month late before it's "late"? In which case we don't need to worry too much because the hearing will be before the late date.
1) Pay day varies from organisation to organisation so it could be last working day, every 4 weeks etc etc .

It’s also possible that some players , some staff are paid weekly.

Unlikely I know but the likes of stewards and casual staff are often paid on the day.

2) The line in the sand is 23/8. By that date there are requirements . Namely Football Creditors have to be paid in full & HMRC paid in full. Any slippage and it will be 10 point deduction.

After months / years of us complaining about lack of clarity...

The point I was trying to make is it’s clear what will happen and that’s the concern

Anyone get the sense that Ron is starting to clean the ship up to take control of the wheel himself?
Trouble is he has every Southend fan over a barrel, the love we have for the football club over rides our hate of Martin. And that Pr*ck knows it!!? #MartinOut

Which means we will all keep buying tickets and attending matches.

This is getting silly now. Protests should be outside his gaff every day not once a week, with far more fans turning up. Professional club that can't fulfill friendly fixtures, it's pathetic and embarrasing.
Shrimpers Trust you need to try harder to come up with ways of ousting Martin NOW.
We are a week away from a league fixture with barely a team to put on the pitch, what and people are getting season tickets to go watch THAT ??? Its a ****in **** take.
This fan base is so weak, unbelievable. Yep today i'm Mr Angry.
A new sponsor, a new kit, unlocked the war chest, staff paid awfully late.. all this is supposed to be good news whilst Rome burns ???
This ain't a football club, this is torment. Its nearly 5 MONTHS since Martin announced he was selling up.

He's is literally playing his best hand ever against honest fans here. It's downright embarrasing being a Shrimper right now. For the love of God sell it or shut it down....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back