• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure that’s good news (for those that want Ron gone)? If they were allowed access to players and watching training then that must be with Ron’s approval (or perhaps at his invitation) which would strengthen the view that they are investing rather than buying outright which keeps Ron in situ.

Genuinely hope I’m wrong but I believe that’s what he’s been aiming for last few weeks (once he realized a sale wouldn’t get a price he’d be happy with)
You’re scaring me. 🤢😞

Having read some recent posts on various threads, if you are going to be toxic, pour it out into something else, not against fellow Shrimpers ( known trolls or keyboard warriors an exception). Also let's name the true source if using terms of disgrace or embarrassment in our comment's. It is not Southend United that deserve to be so described. Southend United is us, players, staff and management, we are not the disgrace the disgrace is Ron Martin, financial owner, not the Football Club itself. Sorry if you feel I am splitting hairs here but for what the Club means and feels to me, the distinction is important.View attachment 27673
The cup that describes him perfectly.

Anna Firth MP

pSdrstneoo70c1fml17ft870uimhug21lah3a7ag52a227h21399t59li510 ·
⚽
Southend United update
⚽

❗
There has been some confusion surrounding the safety certificate at Roots Hall. Whilst there is an existing safety certificate from previous years, this has to be checked yearly by the council and this has not yet been approved for the upcoming season.
🧩
As I said in my statement yesterday, getting this safety certificate in place is the final piece of the puzzle in ensuring that Southend United Football Club can play at Roots Hall next Saturday. I have been liaising closely with Southend-on-Sea City Council and with the Club about this issue, including calling for an extension to the deadlines so that all the necessary work and checks can take place.
🦐
I will keep you updated on the progress of this so that we can all see the #shrimpers in action at Roots Hall on the 5th!
Shrimpers Trust

Just for discussion, let's say he does get a new investor willing to put money into the club which enables all debtors to be paid, a decent budget for the management team, enables RH to be spruced up a bit and leaves sufficient to keep us going in the future. Are we really saying that we MUST boycott the club and inflict the further financial damage this would cause.
Never gonna happen

Any new “investor” will be a cheapskate slumlord or carpetbagger like Ron

Have the Australians come all the way from Australia for this look see or all the way from their London office ? One shows a good deal of commitment and one doesn't. Anyone know ?

Hugh Jackman = Australian 😂

Deadpool saved Wrexham now wolverine will save us !

About as credible as most other bollox and ITK posts on here lately !
No source, I am not ITK, I was told in a dream while sleeping at work today in between refreshing ShrimperZone and blagging my director one as actually working
the greatest showman 😔

Investment was always his plan all along...... the fact he priced the club at stupidly high value knowing know 1 would go there which would indicate he was buying sometime to find Investment which keeps his fantasy FF dream alive. Even the deal now isn't very attractive to buyers, they would of had to stump up 4.5 mill to buy run down Roots hall which would cost millions to get it back up to decent standard and another 5 mill on top of that to pay off the existing debts. Can anyone really see a buyer paying that sort of money for national league club? I can't. Unfortunately Ron really has done his best to rot us to the point of no return.

It should as it means that SUFC will inevitably not get promotion from the NL this season. :Cry:
SUFC
The only UK club with a 100% records against Man U.
The only UK club to score with 8 men
Hat trick
The only club to be promoted having been given a 10 point deduction.

What a story that would be………

Now back to the real world where we are ****ed
( am I the only one that thinks of the coarsing scene in ‘Snatch’ when someone says that about SUFC)

I’m not sure that’s good news (for those that want Ron gone)? If they were allowed access to players and watching training then that must be with Ron’s approval (or perhaps at his invitation) which would strengthen the view that they are investing rather than buying outright which keeps Ron in situ.

Genuinely hope I’m wrong but I believe that’s what he’s been aiming for last few weeks (once he realized a sale wouldn’t get a price he’d be happy with)

I think you’re reading a bit too much into this. It costs Ron nothing to allow potentially interested parties to watch training. It improves morale amongst the playing staff (look the Calvary is coming!) and if there’s another interested party it can help stoke a bidding war.

I think you’re reading a bit too much into this. It costs Ron nothing to allow potentially interested parties to watch training. It improves morale amongst the playing staff (look the Calvary is coming!) and if there’s another interested party it can help stoke a bidding war.
Tired, Tired, Tired of bidding wars and goal posts moving, Just sell the ****ing club and move on RM. Stop playing mind games with fans and the staff just for your own personal benefit and not the clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back