• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
MY GUESS HERE IS!

And it’s a guess, nothing ITK, nothing else than a guess!

Players will be paid, on time.

Club staff won’t be paid, until just before the next court hearing or a club acquisition.

If I’m wrong, I’ll eat my hat!
If the club staff have learned anything from recent past they should just cut their losses and leave before 1 month becomes 3 again

Australian investment firm … as mentioned yesterday they have no interest in owning the ground or training pitches they want to fund Ron so he stays at the club and it doesn’t get sold … hence why Jack and his team are no closer to buying the club that Ron simply doesn’t and will not sell …

So is Ron’s plan to still build the club a new stadium at FF? Or has he wrangled concessions from the MPs so he can just build more flats there?

So is Ron’s plan to still build the club a new stadium at FF? Or has he wrangled concessions from the MPs so he can just build more flats there?
It won't need concessions from anybody if he sells the club. He'll just be the owner of some land who wants to build flays and houses.

Straightforward planning permission I would have though, given the fact that the land has already been approved for housing.

MY GUESS HERE IS!

And it’s a guess, nothing ITK, nothing else than a guess!

Players will be paid, on time.

Club staff won’t be paid, until just before the next court hearing or a club acquisition.

If I’m wrong, I’ll eat my hat!

b. In addition, having discharged all outstanding Football Creditors, and all HMRC debt by 23 August 2023, it will be a condition of the license to ensure all new or any Football Creditors debts or HMRC debt are cleared on time to the satisfaction of the League at any point during the 2023-2024 season.

It may be just poor drafting but the comma after creditors means that it's only HMRC we have until 23rd to clear. Football creditors are now cleared, and if at any time during the 2023/24 season, i.e. as of 5th August, football creditors debts are not cleared than a 10 point deduction could follow. So, if as of 5th Aug football creditors were indeed not paid July wages, there would indeed be at that time a new football creditors debt that was uncleared in the 23/24 season.

It says to the NL satisfaction so NL would need to be happy to give the club until 23rd- the club would at least be advised to have prior agreement. I imagine they would be unimpressed by us straight way going back and saying we already need to pay football creditors late. But if we just did it with no discussion the NL may just say enough is enough 10 points.

Or its bad drafting in the statement and we do have until 23rd Aug for current and future HMRC and football debts and we (the club) already have clarity on that.

I don’t feel any indifferently to how I did last week! I know how hard people are working! It is frustrating, to say the least, how 1 man can be so slippery! And I thought I was slippery!
With all due respect if the five are serious about buying the club they should have put an offer in already. They’ve got the majority of the DD in the pocket with maybe a little more in process regarding RH vs FF, but how much time do people want? It’s been 10 days, 240 hours, how many will be enough to put an offer in?

If an offer has gone in, why hasn’t that been stated? I get the argument for operating in the shadows, though I don’t agree with it, but I see no reason why they couldn’t leak their position so those ITK can state an offer has gone in.

As @kentblues has stated, RM and the NL have been public and clear about their position. The fact no buyer has deemed it appropriate to join them in the public square is worrying. To me it shows a lack of confidence on their part and could be argued a lack of respect for the fans.

The NL and RM didn’t need to make public statements about their position but have, it’s time for the consortium to provide more clarity on their position, ideally publicly so we can get behind it and put pressure on Ron, but at the very least leaked so the fans aren’t completely in the dark.

Why do people feel they have a right to know where the money to pay the staff came from ?
The most important thing is they are now paid. If I was a member of staff I’d be handing my notice in about now , and I certainly wouldn’t be turning up for work again if this months money didn’t show up on time

I don't feel like I have a right to know (although I am a shareholder) but I'm very interested if Ron has lent more money to the club or if the money has come from other sources. If the former shows he needs the club alive, but also would open up questions about timing - IE could he have paid staff earlier. If the latter then could open up all sorts of questions!!!

With all due respect if the five are serious about buying the club they should have put an offer in already. They’ve got the majority of the DD in the pocket with maybe a little more in process regarding RH vs FF, but how much time do people want? It’s been 10 days, 240 hours, how many will be enough to put an offer in?

If an offer has gone in, why hasn’t that been stated? I get the argument for operating in the shadows, though I don’t agree with it, but I see no reason why they couldn’t leak their position so those ITK can state an offer has gone in.

As @kentblues has stated, RM and the NL have been public and clear about their position. The fact no buyer has deemed it appropriate to join them in the public square is worrying. To me it shows a lack of confidence on their part and could be argued a lack of respect for the fans.

The NL and RM didn’t need to make public statements about their position but have, it’s time for the consortium to provide more clarity on their position, ideally publicly so we can get behind it and put pressure on Ron, but at the very least leaked so the fans aren’t completely in the dark.
The consortium are local business men. IF this doesn't work out would you want the possibility of thousands of disgruntled football supporters attaching blame etc on you (as wrong as that may be)
I'm not surprised they are being tight lipped.
Also if the consortium came out today and laid out all the plans....as you say give us so etching to get behind....Ron would not give a toss. The NL deadline was jumped on by him as more time to dick around and see if he can get more dough

After being swept along with others and believing somethings were happening in the background and "dont panic" i have resigned myself to thinking the ITK dont know enough and these 5 local business men may have been all pie in the sky and no concrete offer has been made. @CRATE happy to be put straight on this.

If ANY buyers or interested parties are still around the table why not state the position like others have alluded to NL and even Ron has.

I can see this dragging on way past the court date and be hit with -10pts, struggling with youth players all season and still under Ron's control with no light at the end of the tunnel.

All of my optimism has gone and i think we need to resign ourselves to playing at Canvey's level next season.

Someone may have mentioned this already but one thing worth remembering in all of this is that it's holiday season and rich people LOVE to go on holiday. The sort of holidays that mean they can complete major acquisitions for example.

Surely if the staff are not paid the NL will hit us with the -10pts ? Or have i read the second condition from the NL wrong ?
That is how I read it too and also thereafter so in essence if they don’t get paid next month that’s another 10 points, and then the following month another 10 points.

It is of course a personal decision for every supporter to make.

Personally however I won’t be giving the club a penny until he’s gone and hope that resolve remains among the majority of our fanbase.

I can’t attend any way from here but if I was there right now I’d stay away. But I’d normally be buying a streaming subscription and ordering some kind of merch for my parents to send over to me.

Now is the time to tighten the grip of pressure on him IMO and make these deadlines set by the National League even more real and don’t buy him time with an injection of short term money.

Until Ron Martin is gone and gone for good we are a zombie club lurching from one disaster to the next.
This is really tricky and I don't judge any fan for taking either decision however with the appearance of some sort of forward momentum at the moment (NL statement, staff wages paid) I think I'm going to crumble and renew my season ticket. If money coming in now helps a tiny bit towards paying what needs to be paid to avoid a ten point penalty then I want to help if I can.

Obviously the season tickets won't make a dent in the HMRC debt but a few hundred of us renewing may make the difference in terms of staff and player wages next week.

Someone may have mentioned this already but one thing worth remembering in all of this is that it's holiday season and rich people LOVE to go on holiday. The sort of holidays that mean they can complete major acquisitions for example.
I'm sure they could use a video call if they were really interested.

It's almost as if since the council have been involved some of them are using to get favours down the line with them.

The consortium are local business men. IF this doesn't work out would you want the possibility of thousands of disgruntled football supporters attaching blame etc on you (as wrong as that may be)
I'm not surprised they are being tight lipped.
Also if the consortium came out today and laid out all the plans....as you say give us so etching to get behind....Ron would not give a toss. The NL deadline was jumped on by him as more time to dick around and see if he can get more dough
I get this 100% but then I get the coming out side 100% too, done DoF you do and damned if you dont.

I know which i would prefer but what i think or say makes no difference at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back