• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you mean - I think more correctly it will be a breach of the license conditions we have been given and we are pre notified that such a breach will bring a 10 point penalty.
The same penalty as for suffering an insolvency event.

Having thought this through it seems to me that the potential penalties are so draconian that the NL have reluctantly agreed not to expel SUFC.

Its highly likely that the intervention by the MPs swayed the decision but I certainly am not in the glass half full section I actually think the clarity of the situation makes things far more of a concern

To pay the staff three months salary one day then default less than a week later would be bizarre so it would seem very unlikely. It’s impossible to read anything, between the lines or not, at the moment though.
It’s difficult or impossible to read between the lines, and thats on any subject your care to mention. That has been demonstrated on our very own takeover thread.

Regarding the paying of staff, I think you cannot discount the fact that he has only made the payment to avoid the club being expelled from the league. That was a possibity (one of a few possible sanctions) if footballing creditors hadn’t been paid. I do not know if thats why he paid them but I wouldn’t discount the fact they are not paid for the month just worked when the payroll comes round on Monday (I believe it is monday)

b. In addition, having discharged all outstanding Football Creditors, and all HMRC debt by 23 August 2023, it will be a condition of the license to ensure all new or any Football Creditors debts or HMRC debt are cleared on time to the satisfaction of the League at any point during the 2023-2024 season.

It may be just poor drafting but the comma after creditors means that it's only HMRC we have until 23rd to clear. Football creditors are now cleared, and if at any time during the 2023/24 season, i.e. as of 5th August, football creditors debts are not cleared than a 10 point deduction could follow. So, if as of 5th Aug football creditors were indeed not paid July wages, there would indeed be at that time a new football creditors debt that was uncleared in the 23/24 season.

It says to the NL satisfaction so NL would need to be happy to give the club until 23rd- the club would at least be advised to have prior agreement. I imagine they would be unimpressed by us straight way going back and saying we already need to pay football creditors late. But if we just did it with no discussion the NL may just say enough is enough 10 points.

Or its bad drafting in the statement and we do have until 23rd Aug for current and future HMRC and football debts and we (the club) already have clarity on that.
I don’t think there is any drafting or punctuation error.

How I read it is saying that ok sums owed in respect of historical football creditors have been paid but any further sums due to football creditors and of course all HMRC debt have to be up to date by 23/8

So sort of a moratorium till 23/8 but go past that date owing and penalties will start to be imposed.

As a far as I understand RM needs to pay HMRC by 23rd August if not we get 10 point deduction secondly if he pays HMRC but doesn't pay other creditors when due we still get 10 point deduction ,please correct me if I got this wrong .
I am concerned that rumours are around saying RM is apparently talking to financial investors rather than looking to sell if true means we will continue to limp along yes we will not get the points reduction but we are still stuck with RM.

Again happy to be corrected

The consortium are local business men. IF this doesn't work out would you want the possibility of thousands of disgruntled football supporters attaching blame etc on you (as wrong as that may be)
I'm not surprised they are being tight lipped.
Also if the consortium came out today and laid out all the plans....as you say give us so etching to get behind....Ron would not give a toss. The NL deadline was jumped on by him as more time to dick around and see if he can get more dough
Sure, as I say I can understand the argument for not going public, though I don’t agree with it, but I don’t see any reason why they would have made a bid and not leaked it, they don’t even need to give details, just a clear “there’s been a bid” from those we know are ITK would be an improvement.

For me when things go silent more often than not it’s because there isn’t much going on. Maybe this is the anomaly and it’s all happening and nobody knows.

Our Vanarama National League game at home to Eastleigh has been switched to Friday, 25 August at 7:45pm.

The match was originally due to take place on the Saturday but will now be played under the lights!

They're hopeful aren't they......

So is Ron’s plan to still build the club a new stadium at FF? Or has he wrangled concessions from the MPs so he can just build more flats there?
Who knows who know but I did know that Australian investors to his project were meeting him at the training ground yesterday they have no interest in buying either rootshall or the training ground but want to invest I also know Ron is over the moon with all the volunteers tidying everything up so his investors can see a much ‘ nicer’ environment… I also noticed yesterday on my day off a lot of activity at the training ground prior to the arrival ….

Lots of comments about how everything is quiet. Just entirely possible that's because everyone's on holiday.
Problem is that hardly screams any sense of urgency does it? Doubt it’s the case, at least hope not, as it would hardly inspire confidence as one of them is likely to be on holiday at any @ one given time over the next weeks…

b. In addition, having discharged all outstanding Football Creditors, and all HMRC debt by 23 August 2023, it will be a condition of the license to ensure all new or any Football Creditors debts or HMRC debt are cleared on time to the satisfaction of the League at any point during the 2023-2024 season.

It may be just poor drafting but the comma after creditors means that it's only HMRC we have until 23rd to clear. Football creditors are now cleared, and if at any time during the 2023/24 season, i.e. as of 5th August, football creditors debts are not cleared than a 10 point deduction could follow. So, if as of 5th Aug football creditors were indeed not paid July wages, there would indeed be at that time a new football creditors debt that was uncleared in the 23/24 season.

It says to the NL satisfaction so NL would need to be happy to give the club until 23rd- the club would at least be advised to have prior agreement. I imagine they would be unimpressed by us straight way going back and saying we already need to pay football creditors late. But if we just did it with no discussion the NL may just say enough is enough 10 points.

Or its bad drafting in the statement and we do have until 23rd Aug for current and future HMRC and football debts and we (the club) already have clarity on that.
I read that as we have until 23rd August to pay HMRC and football creditors regardless, and after that we have no leeway.

Incidentally, two things -

1) When is the regular payday meant to be? The last Friday of the month, the 28th or the last day of the month?
2) At what point is it late enough to warrant it triggering an issue with the NL? I don't do payroll, but doesn't it have to be a month late before it's "late"? In which case we don't need to worry too much because the hearing will be before the late date.

If the 'Famous Five' are taking a while to get their ducks in a row and make a formal bid, I don't mind RM looking for other buyers (like the rumoured Aussies), provided it's on the terms he set out last week.

But that's probably not what he's doing, is it? Feels like he's moving goalposts for the 5 (like he did with Kimura), whilst trying to get investors on board so he can still be involved and profit from the finished RH/FF project. Hoping to be proved wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back