• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, the NL have given RM more time to be slippery. They could have held his feet to the fire and said the embargo needs to be lifted before the first day of the season. Which would have forced RMs hand. Sadly. They’ve just given him a months wriggle room.
Ron seems to be able to manipulate the NL and the courts! I can’t imagine a 10 point deduction will worry him that much…

This is what worries me. The offer he put out last Monday was relatively small beer. And K already have full DD done. How long do you need to keep meeting pre offer before you get the cow over the bucket? But we don't know. An offer may have gone in and been rejected. There may be negotiations with Ron seeing now 23rd Aug as the deadline (always looking for an alternative to come along).

In terms of transparency at this moment the NL has stepped up to the plate. RM put a clear proposal out their last Monday (apparent transparency, maybe forced by loose comments at the protest and of course low trust levels). The 5 we know virtually nothing.

I have gone from pretty confident there was one buyer in the game, Kimura and it would get done, to not having a clue whats going on...
I think if an offer had gone in and been rejected we’d have heard about it.

The issue may be less DD with the club than with each other. They may know all about the club but what do they know about each other? Do they have a shared future for the club they can unite around or do they have fundamental differences? Are their pockets as deep as they might like you to think they are? Are they trustworthy individuals?

The National League isn’t under any obligation to force Martin’s hand to sell the club, nor does it have any obligation towards or to act in the best interests of Southend supporters (ie, pressuring for a sale to take place).

Their obligation is to protect the integrity of their competitions for the benefit of those competing, and to do so in as fair a manner as possible. This is why they’ve allowed Martin/the club such time as to meet the requirements to compete, whilst keeping Martin/the club on a much tighter leash than usual.

They’ve not so much given Martin “another month’s wiggle room” as they have been rather quite generous in being flexible with the timelines in play and given the club every chance to participate in the National League this year. What did people honestly expect the NL to do, implement a timeline that would’ve been completely at odds with the work that’s required to complete a sale? Laying the blame at the NL’s door here is completely farcical.

Why do people feel they have a right to know where the money to pay the staff came from ?
The most important thing is they are now paid. If I was a member of staff I’d be handing my notice in about now , and I certainly wouldn’t be turning up for work again if this months money didn’t show up on time

I think if an offer had gone in and been rejected we’d have heard about it.

The issue may be less DD with the club than with each other. They may know all about the club but what do they know about each other? Do they have a shared future for the club they can unite around or do they have fundamental differences? Are their pockets as deep as they might like you to think they are? Are they trustworthy individuals?
It would explain the time taken to get dressed pre-bid.

Why do people feel they have a right to know where the money to pay the staff came from ?
The most important thing is they are now paid. If I was a member of staff I’d be handing my notice in about now , and I certainly wouldn’t be turning up for work again if this months money didn’t show up on time
I guess so we're not in debt to once again, another company lol

You seem less confident than a week ago. I completely understand why but is it fair to say we are now in a worse position than this time last week in terms of a takeover?
I don’t feel any indifferently to how I did last week! I know how hard people are working! It is frustrating, to say the least, how 1 man can be so slippery! And I thought I was slippery!

One place above the relegation zone is a result this season! Anything above that is a bonus… if the SUFC mess does eventually get sorted out this year, rebuilding and getting the club back on solid foundations has got to be the priority. Next year, promotion!
Happy supporting a NL club? :Winking:

Can't find it on-line.

Think it might be fake
In terms of news I know about. There is currently no updates that can be made, but be aware the people continue to work to find a way!

Yesterday, the club hosted representatives from an Australian investment firm at Boots and Laces. Unsure if anyone knows anything more than this, but I know for a fact it happened!
I know more than you ..

I’m worried his hankering still for internal investment that allows him to keep it all …
Australian investment firm … as mentioned yesterday they have no interest in owning the ground or training pitches they want to fund Ron so he stays at the club and it doesn’t get sold … hence why Jack and his team are no closer to buying the club that Ron simply doesn’t and will not sell …

It's difficult to work out if the National League statement is good news or bad news - I'm tending towards somewhere between the two.

It's positive that we now have a deadline which relates to both critical elements - the finances and the league. That deadline is Wednesday 23rd August.

It's positive that Ron is doing enough (just) to satisfy the league at the moment, paying football creditors, to keep the asset value alive. Although much has been said about the sale of the club being just for £1- the rest of the deal is also affected if we go bust. We all realise that and there is no doubt that Ron realises that too.

The negative aspect is that Ron will now likely kick the can as far down the road as he can, and therefore the chances of the embargo being lifted before the start of the season now seem pretty slim.

Of course Ron won't be bothered by that - he's mentally checked out from supporting the club anyway and it's all about the deal now. He has form about moving the goalposts, spreading misinformation and not negotiating like a normal person and I think the next 4 weeks will see plenty more dirty tricks from him.

We have 4 games to play before the deadline - if we can get Roots Hall a safety certificate in time there are home games against Oldham and Hartlepool, along with the away games against Daggers and Dorking.

Kev has at best a skeleton squad for these games - if we can keep everyone fit then the starting XI are not too shabby, but there's not much to back it up on the bench.

Then there is the conundrum about the players out of contract - Bridge, Ralph, Demetriou etc. and what the leagues stance is regarding them and our squad size. Also what is the issue with Mooney and Lomas, who allegedly don't want to hang around the Essex Riviera any longer?

In my opinion the loyalty of Kev, Daz and Benno along with the players deserves our support and the games also give the opportunity for media coverage of protests before and after the game that hopefully will speed things along.

Four more weeks then and four more competitive games before we're either sold or wound up. At one point I thought we might not even start the season, so I guess that's positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back