• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
The developers are separate from Ron as is the funding (which is I agree with you just as well). The joint developers as you know are the billionaire Dellals.

But it should be clarified that whilst he isn't required to fund the development, far from having nothing to offer, he is providing all the land on which the development is to be built. A somewhat meaningful contribution.

interesting thoughts ...

I wonder if RM might have raised money against this land he is "providing" -

and thats yet another debt he can't service and that his partners the billionaires will simply leverage the situation to their advantage as they really dont need RM anymore cos he does not own the football club...

But who knows - maybe the billionaires like RM and want to be nice to him ?

Being one of the most important and complex developments in Southend, I do not expect this to be touched until the new administration has had plenty of time to review it up to the current day.

Looking at this strictly through a Southend United lens, the best we can hope for is a continuation of the current setup at SCC if we want Fossetts to take off sooner rather than later.

Any change in majority control could alter things drastically. The change to the Basildon 'master plan' serves as a good case study, most of the main town's regeneration was scrapped within weeks.

It is true that approval is given for all sorts of planning during purdah, but these are usually related to routine planning matters that any administration would approve.

this is really interesting ... a real life time scale..

interesting thoughts ...

I wonder if RM might have raised money against this land he is "providing" -

and thats yet another debt he can't service and that his partners the billionaires will simply leverage the situation to their advantage as they really dont need RM anymore cos he does not own the football club...

But who knows - maybe the billionaires like RM and want to be nice to him ?
I expect he has raised money against future due contractual payments for the most part.
Is that your site? Couple of those pages could use a proof reader.

I'm not sure that "thanks for the business referral" is truly a testimonial either to be fair.
Lol that website is even more two bob than us at the moment.

Is that your site? Couple of those pages could use a proof reader.

I'm not sure that "thanks for the business referral" is truly a testimonial either to be fair.
No🤣, but now you mention the proof reading, it could give Ron an excuse for having no buyers and continuing his tenure for another decade, so we can enjoy the Isthmian league, when the National boot us out 😊

No🤣, but now you mention the proof reading, it could give Ron an excuse for having no buyers and continuing his tenure for another decade, so we can enjoy the Isthmian league, when the National boot us out 😊

It's well documented who the agents are for our sale.

Do you always say we'll help you out when sharing links on the Internet?

Like if you shared a link to a news article, would you say we'll help you out?

Proof read your site mate.

See Rochdale are in the same boat with according to press reports a number of interested parties. We have to hope that FF makes us a more attractive proposition plus the lure of the Essex Riviera and vicinity to London.

Watched a couple of good you tube clips by a young girl blogger called Stuntpegg following Rochdale's exit from the football league like us after 100+ years also one about Wrexham where we get a mention due to Ron .If you love football well worth a watch
Neive makes some great vlogs.

See Rochdale are in the same boat with according to press reports a number of interested parties. We have to hope that FF makes us a more attractive proposition plus the lure of the Essex Riviera and vicinity to London.

Watched a couple of good you tube clips by a young girl blogger called Stuntpegg following Rochdale's exit from the football league like us after 100+ years also one about Wrexham where we get a mention due to Ron .If you love football well worth a watch
No one likes to wish ill on a fellow struggling club but Rochdale survived re-election to the football league 10 times in their history. It wasn’t the worst place to go to watch a game particularly after redevelopment of the stadium. They wouldn’t be an unattractive proposition for someone with money to burn though.

The ff flats can’t begin u til the stadium is done I think
The council know what rm is they are aware so they have covered this angle
If that is the case there is no Southend united And no money for Ron some how i feel that statment is wide of the mark

The man can do Callum Powell type football tricks with a basketball, that'll do me.

AJEe59Fv3mV3AuVLQcsmRG-1200-80.jpg

Steve Nash kicks up an assist in the NBA slam dunk contest​

He can kick it in row Z???

I see Hartlepool have also been put up for sale. Could be a bit of a battle to find an appropriate owner now. May the best “project” win!

No one likes to wish ill on a fellow struggling club but Rochdale survived re-election to the football league 10 times in their history. It wasn’t the worst place to go to watch a game particularly after redevelopment of the stadium. They wouldn’t be an unattractive proposition for someone with money to burn though.
They do seem like a nice little club but as an investment opportunity I can't really see it. Its more one for a succesful fan with very deep pockets who just wants to restore his club to its natural league position. Probably a £10m investment over 5 or so years & a 'fun' project for that wealthy fan.

Whereas I would like to think the potential with us is considerably bigger. We certainly have the potential fan-base to become another Reading / Bournmouth / Brentford type club with the stadium / housing developement as an added attraction to an investor. At least I hope so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back