• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it’s in the planning decision? Stadium has to be complete before ff or rh flats

Could somebody clarify???
I believe it is along the lines of the three sided stadium needs to be "operational" at FF, before RH can be demolished.

Flats at FF (on the Boots & Laces land) will actually be going up around the same time the stadium gets started on. If it get's started on of course...

It was mentioned in the Scunthorpe programme. Insinuated that if not started by then costs increase and possibly cause more delays
Scunthorpe was an away match
I believe it is along the lines of the three sided stadium needs to be "operational" at FF, before RH can be demolished.

Flats at FF (on the Boots & Laces land) will actually be going up around the same time the stadium gets started on. If it get's started on of course...
Correct on RH.

I think the flats can be started but not occupied on FF before the stadium (phase 1) is complete

To do with this perhaps?

15th June deadline to get work started, or a change to plans/costs?

“The changes will not apply in relation to building work where a building notice or an initial notice has been given to, or full plans deposited with, a local authority before 15 June 2022 provided that the building work is started before 15 June 2023. In some cases, applications will be in respect of a number of buildings on a site, for example, a number of houses. In such cases, it is only those individual buildings for which work is commenced which can take advantage of the transitional provisions.” – Gov.uk

To do with this perhaps?

“The changes will not apply in relation to building work where a building notice or an initial notice has been given to, or full plans deposited with, a local authority before 15 June 2022 provided that the building work is started before 15 June 2023. In some cases, applications will be in respect of a number of buildings on a site, for example, a number of houses. In such cases, it is only those individual buildings for which work is commenced which can take advantage of the transitional provisions.” – Gov.uk
That might be what I thought I'd seen at some point.

To do with this perhaps?

So nothing at all to do with the FF/RH development specifically at all. Rather new building regs to apply to every build in the UK. As is also pointed out all such existing and upcoming changes will be built in by any competent architect or developer. There is absolutely nothing to support the original statement that building had to start by 1st June 2023.

"We only work with experienced and knowledgeable architects who design plans for our customers that meet current building regulations and observe future regulations, which means our builds are always compliant."
to https://www.checkatrade.com/blog/trade/building-regs-changes-2022/

People need to understand that the Club is likely to just be an investment for whoever buys it, interest rates are pretty low so buying our club and getting us back to L1 could see a return on investment exceeding 20%, potentially 40% if we got to the Championship.

Obviously if we did a Luton it could be a 100% return which no-one would turn down.

It is however a gamble though
Reminds me of the old joke.................. How do you become a millionaire, by being a billionaire and buying a football team.

I note that Rochdale are being pretty open about their investment/sale procedure. Shame our club cannot be as transparent about what’s happening, if anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back