• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
As ever, we don’t really know anything for sure. The joy of forums though is that they are a release valve for our hopes and fears.

It’s entirely understandable in the circumstances that the SZ sleuths are out there making enquiries and trawling the internet for clues and signs.

Stan and CP starting to follow people on Twitter was a good sign back in the days where we were allowed to sign players so it seems fair enough that this is taken as a possible sign of engagement with potential buyers.

Time will tell. Hopefully not too much time!

I feel there's a few key dates

29th April - Confirms if we're in NL or Play-offs
Early-May - Confirms if we win play-offs if in.
June 1st - Building work has to start at Fossetts Farm by then
Late-June- NL AGM - will decide if we can play in the league along with Stadium certificate and bond to League
Early July - Transfer window opens

A buyer will likely want to buy before Late-June at the latest

Late-June- NL AGM - will decide if we can play in the league along with Stadium certificate and bond to League

Does it? If that's the case then it ain't happening! Unless some of the clearance work they've been doing counts, or they can plant some trees or something.

Thats certainly what kev is hoping for otherwise we have no bargaining power with players we want to keep/sign etc. He said that we need to know where we stand before pre season starts. Seems to make perfect sense but then this is Ron we are talking about so common sense will tossed out the window

Does it? If that's the case then it ain't happening! Unless some of the clearance work they've been doing counts, or they can plant some trees or something.
It was mentioned in the Scunthorpe programme. Insinuated that if not started by then costs increase and possibly cause more delays

It was mentioned in the Scunthorpe programme. Insinuated that if not started by then costs increase and possibly cause more delays
I do remember there being something about June 1st. A change in planning regulations or something? I can't remember off the top of my head.

very useful dates - except June 1st which irrelevant at the moment cos RM has got no money

Still think there is too much of a coincidence that Stan fly's out to New York where Nash lives 3 days after the club goes on sale and then starts following him on twitter along with CP which give's me hope there may be some truth in the Rumours.

Why hasn't Nash come out and denied the rumours if there is no truth to then on social media.
Because he's not even aware of them?

Still think there is too much of a coincidence that Stan fly's out to New York where Nash lives 3 days after the club goes on sale and then starts following him on twitter along with CP which give's me hope there may be some truth in the Rumours.

Why hasn't Nash come out and denied the rumours if there is no truth to then on social media.
We are hardly Man United. A Couple of whispers on shrimperzone and a tag on twitter isn't going to make the back pages of the national papers

Why would he lol? A few Southend fans talking about it.. it's not like him confirming/denying is going to effect share price volatility 😂

Hmm. Not sure relevance of 1st June date. Says whom exactly? And why? Not sure something said in the Scunthorpe away programme can necessarily be taken as gospel.

First step is planning. The agreed determination deadline (for what that's worth) is 20th June 2023.

As to what constitutes the start of the build re the stadium then yes groundworks (so they can probably argue its already started even if under the original planning permission).

Has he got an account on Shrimperzone? How would he have seen these rumours?

Remember, this sale is only a big deal to a very niche audience.

99.9% of those involved in football, don't care who buys Southend United. There isn't some big Rumour Mill.

Unless I've missed it being discussed repeatedly on Sky Sports news in between the rolling news stories?

If so, apologies.

Hmm. Not sure relevance of 1st June date. Says whom exactly? And why? Not sure something said in the Scunthorpe away programme can necessarily be taken as gospel.

First step is planning. The agreed determination deadline (for what that's worth) is 20th June 2023.

As to what constitutes the start of the build re the stadium then yes groundworks (so they can probably argue its already started even if under the original planning permission).
The application has to go to committee and decision likely to be made some time between July and the autumn given the current election situation. Then you have a revised Section 106 to agree, which hopefully shouldn't be too different from the one they already agreed for the last application.

In short, you can forget about June 1st.

If someone comes in and has the financial clout, I'd like the original plans with the large main stand kept.

We already have planning for that and it would make much more sense to go ahead and buy the club and stadium at 21k.
The scope for any purchaser to have input on the stadium plans is the type of thing that will be negotiated as part of an offer to buy the club and the stadium (Ron’s preferred route). It is also the type of thing that will string out the takeover process as it is complicated.

The application has to go to committee and decision likely to be made some time between July and the autumn given the current election situation. Then you have a revised Section 106 to agree, which hopefully shouldn't be too different from the one they already agreed for the last application.

In short, you can forget about June 1st.
This is not an area I know a lot about admittedly but it is a delegated decision? If it then has to go of to committee for approval then its not really delegated at all... The idea of elections getting in the way of delegated planning decisions, and the already funereal processes, probably sums the whole thing up quite nicely.

The scope for any purchaser to have input on the stadium plans is the type of thing that will be negotiated as part of an offer to buy the club and the stadium (Ron’s preferred route). It is also the type of thing that will string out the takeover process as it is complicated.
What I would hope is the new buyer will look at the currently approved plans and say forget the new plans that are progressing (it appears, at a funereal pace). I will buy the club, training ground and stadium as currently approved including the residential units that are part of the stand and the hotel?

What I would hope is the new buyer will look at the currently approved plans and say forget the new plans that are progressing (it appears, at a funereal pace). I will buy the club, training ground and stadium as currently approved including the residential units that are part of the stand and the hotel?
That isn’t straight forward as Ron isn’t developing the ground by himself. If someone wants to do that Ron would need to go to his development partners and get their buy in. They won’t want a hotel, so architects then need to make further adjustments to plans etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back