• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think there is too much of a coincidence that Stan fly's out to New York where Nash lives 3 days after the club goes on sale and then starts following him on twitter along with CP which give's me hope there may be some truth in the Rumours.

Why hasn't Nash come out and denied the rumours if there is no truth to then on social media.
Agree with the first paragraph. Not the second one though. Why would he?

That isn’t straight forward as Ron isn’t developing the ground by himself. If someone wants to do that Ron would need to go to his development partners and get their buy in. They won’t want a hotel, so architects then need to make further adjustments to plans etc.
I would have thought the stadium (whether incorporating some residential/hotel or just residential) would be driven by Ron and he would be able to go either way IF funded by the new buyer. Would agree any attempt to acquire or change some or all of the wider development would likely be very problematic. If its funded by someone else, and the north stand residential units went with the stadium anyway (I think Ron would own stadium and residential units as stadium owner), I doubt the development partners would be bothered. More likely the will be relieved that the sale bring some financial stability regarding the club.

Does it? If that's the case then it ain't happening! Unless some of the clearance work they've been doing counts, or they can plant some trees or something.
"Building work started" is a broad brush description of anything. They could just put up fencing or set up a compound. Box ticked.

This is not an area I know a lot about admittedly but it is a delegated decision? If it then has to go of to committee for approval then its not really delegated at all... The idea of elections getting in the way of delegated planning decisions, and the already funereal processes, probably sums the whole thing up quite nicely.
Elections shouldn't prevent delegated planning decisions (or even committee ones), there is law to back this up.

as far as im concerned the whole system is f**ked and needs to be looked at ,why should elections stand in the way of a decisions being made , those people duly elected are the ones responsible to make a decision , they only lose that responsibility if they are voted out

That isn’t straight forward as Ron isn’t developing the ground by himself. If someone wants to do that Ron would need to go to his development partners and get their buy in. They won’t want a hotel, so architects then need to make further adjustments to plans etc.

i imagine RM "development partners" are now ex-partners of the the penniless chairman of SUFC.

If they are still interested in the development potential of FF or RH they are far better off operating without Ronnie .. he has nothing to offer.

as far as im concerned the whole system is f**ked and needs to be looked at ,why should elections stand in the way of a decisions being made , those people duly elected are the ones responsible to make a decision , they only lose that responsibility if they are voted out
It depends on the nature of the decisions, and the degree to which they tie the hands of a subsequent administration - which may not agree with those decisions. That’s one of the key points of purdah. You don’t want outgoing administrations signing off a slew of stuff in its dying days just to **** up their successors.

I don’t know whether this type of planning decision would be considered in that way but it might be, especially if it involves any financial or other resource commitment from the local or National authority in question.

Let me add is there one person in shrimper moan who does not believe that having a football team and a new stadium in Southend does not benefit the city please speak up, dont be a closet supporter when truly you dont support the football club and what benefits the city .Be honest accept criticism ,its part of life.

It depends on the nature of the decisions, and the degree to which they tie the hands of a subsequent administration - which may not agree with those decisions. That’s one of the key points of purdah. You don’t want outgoing administrations signing off a slew of stuff in its dying days just to **** up their successors.

I don’t know whether this type of planning decision would be considered in that way but it might be, especially if it involves any financial or other resource commitment from the local or National authority in question.
Being one of the most important and complex developments in Southend, I do not expect this to be touched until the new administration has had plenty of time to review it up to the current day.

Looking at this strictly through a Southend United lens, the best we can hope for is a continuation of the current setup at SCC if we want Fossetts to take off sooner rather than later.

Any change in majority control could alter things drastically. The change to the Basildon 'master plan' serves as a good case study, most of the main town's regeneration was scrapped within weeks.

It is true that approval is given for all sorts of planning during purdah, but these are usually related to routine planning matters that any administration would approve.

Last edited:
Let me add is there one person in shrimper moan who does not believe that having a football team and a new stadium in Southend does not benefit the city please speak up, dont be a closet supporter when truly you dont support the football club and what benefits the city .Be honest accept criticism ,its part of life.

What are you talking about?

Asking members of a Southend United Forum, if anyone doesn't think the club or stadium should be in Southend?

Totally bizarre.

I would have thought the stadium (whether incorporating some residential/hotel or just residential) would be driven by Ron and he would be able to go either way IF funded by the new buyer. Would agree any attempt to acquire or change some or all of the wider development would likely be very problematic. If its funded by someone else, and the north stand residential units went with the stadium anyway (I think Ron would own stadium and residential units as stadium owner), I doubt the development partners would be bothered. More likely the will be relieved that the sale bring some financial stability regarding the club.

there is no stadium, no flats, no residential blah blah ... you have been mugged by a load of drawings ..

there is no stadium, no flats, no residential blah blah ... you have been mugged by a load of drawings ..
But very nice and impressive drawings, it must be said (apart from the last ones!)
If there is planning permission and money to be made, it will happen. Maybe not under Rons hands, but it will eventually happen.
If SUFC can survive that long remains to be seen.

If you want opinions from people that don't support Fossetts Farm then find a forum that isn't full of Southend fans, obviously no one here is going to be against it.

The elections next week will almost certainly not see a change on Southend Council. It is currently a coalition of Labour, Lib Dem and Independents. Unless the Tories make gains which is extremely unlikely given the current opinion polls.

Endlessly repeating your hope that it won't happen won't make it so.

But you are entitled to your opinion. Just as were those who suggested posters must be mentally challenged for believing that the HMRC case would be dismissed and we wouldn't be wound up. And those who originally believed, when the club wasn't for sale, that there were a queue of potential buyers, only now, when it is for sale, to suggest that no-one in their right minds would want to buy the club...

The only thing I would say is that is traditional to tack on to your gloom laden prophecy words along the lines of "I will be delighted to be proved wrong" or "hope I'm proved wrong". After all, few on here actually want the club to fail or indeed their prophesy to come true...

i imagine RM "development partners" are now ex-partners of the the penniless chairman of SUFC.

If they are still interested in the development potential of FF or RH they are far better off operating without Ronnie .. he has nothing to offer.
The developers are separate from Ron as is the funding (which is I agree with you just as well). The joint developers as you know are the billionaire Dellals.

But it should be clarified that whilst he isn't required to fund the development, far from having nothing to offer, he is providing all the land on which the development is to be built. A somewhat meaningful contribution.

Even if it’s driven by Ron he’ll have to consult his partners. They may have to then run it past their lenders, architects and lawyers to review. Agreements may have to rewritten.

It’s not that it isn’t doable but that it takes time. And if the development partners are not bothered it will take even longer to sign off. People don’t prioritise stuff when their paymasters aren’t bothered.

If Ron was as rich as your imagination he wouldn’t need to sell.

Back in the real world they are tied up with Ron’s companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back