• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
@CRATE may have heard differently but if the football creditors get paid this week with the money that is sitting there waiting to be used for that purpose (although it would be very Ron Martin to smell an imminent sale and to hold off in case he can wriggle out of dipping into his own pocket at the last minute), then I'm under the impression that the NL is happy to align with the court deadline for the remaining threat to the club's licence - the HMRC debt.
Just gonna reiterate this.

Can anyone confirm, is it time to start buying season tickets (already have mine but asking for others)/ new shirts etc. From my understanding Ron cannot touch the money and it will stay within the club? If that's the case it's absolutely time to get this kinda stuff. Obviously once the kits released
It’s very much not

Shrimperzone.Com Ltd ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Shrimperzone.com") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts. Content submitted express the views of their author only.

This Service is only available to users who are at least 13 years old. If you are younger than this, please do not register for this Service. If you register for this Service, you represent that you are this age or older.

All content you submit, upload, or otherwise make available to the Service ("Content") may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, overly sarcastic,hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct. The use of "Sock Puppets" is forbidden, you may only have one account. Please treat all members with respect and do not play the poster. We do not allow any political views or posts.

We may remove or modify any Content submitted at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We may terminate and ban your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.

You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.

These terms may be changed at any time without notice.

If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use the Service. Use of the Service constitutes acceptance of these terms. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.

good terms and conditions but not sure if they would protect from someone with a lot of money wanting to start trouble .... and in my experience once big time lawyers get involved the winner is always the person with the deepest pockets ..

I did make many cautionary remarks at the time of Sol but just got loads of abuse.

If someone want to test the case at the high court with a KC or 3 most people will settle and pay up ....... unless they have indemnity insurance for publishing ..

of course I am talking absolute rubbish and have no idea about any of this

The National League have issued the following statement.

The National League appreciate the current unsettling time for the supporters of Southend United FC and would like to set out the current position.

Following extensive and positive dialogue, including sight of suitable evidence provided by the Club, appropriate steps are being made by the Club to satisfy the League and secure its participation in the 2023/24 Vanarama National League season.

The Club has now cleared the debts owed to football creditors and as such the League has issued a licence for the Club to participate in the 2023/24 Season.

The Club, who can now move forward to commence the season, are also required to fulfil the following conditions:

a. The Club HMRC debt is to be discharged in full by their next court date, 23 August 2023. It should be noted that this remains a requirement from the League even if the court hearing is further adjourned past the 23 August 2023.

b. In addition, having discharged all outstanding Football Creditors, and all HMRC debt by 23 August 2023, it will be a condition of the license to ensure all new or any Football Creditors debts or HMRC debt are cleared on time to the satisfaction of the League at any point during the 2023-2024 season.

Should the above, set out in a or b not be satisfied, the Club will be subject to an immediate and automatic 10 points deduction. This is in addition to any other action deemed appropriate by the League when considering any new debt.

The League has made it clear to the Club the importance that not only the current debt is settled but the Club operates in a manner that ensures they operate sustainably moving forward.

No you're not. This is what you said.

There's nothing in there that makes it a hypothetical.

However, are you now admitting that it's a hypothetical and that you don't really think it is happening?

Ok ... I bow to your superior legal knowledge .. clearly done a lifetime in publishing and know exactly how far to push it ...

good terms and conditions but not sure if they would protect from someone with a lot of money wanting to start trouble .... and in my experience once big time lawyers get involved the winner is always the person with the deepest pockets ..

I did make many cautionary remarks at the time of Sol but just got loads of abuse.

If someone want to test the case at the high court with a KC or 3 most people will settle and pay up ....... unless they have indemnity insurance for publishing ..

of course I am talking absolute rubbish and have no idea about any of this
Well thats settled then.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back